Author: ogogo (Lithuania), 19-04-2024 10:32

bug-hint - Призраки Солтмарша - Ghosts of Saltmarsh - Heroes 3 map

Thank you,
Спасибо,
Ačiū.
more...

Author: wasilix , 19-04-2024 09:51

- - Призраки Солтмарша - Ghosts of Saltmarsh - Heroes 3 map

Just in case if you didn't find a workaround mentioned in this thread in Russian: it's possible to find a flyshipyard (whatever this thing is called), and use it to fly over to these tents. Not sure if that's the intended way, but in case basilisk quest is bugged, that's a workar more...

Author: wasilix , 19-04-2024 09:50

- - Призраки Солтмарша - Ghosts of Saltmarsh - Heroes 3 map

People in this thread mentioned in Russian, that it's possible to find a flyshipyard (whatever this thing is called), and use it to fly over to these tents. Not sure if that's the intended way, but in case basilisk quest is bugged, that's a workaround you can use. more...

Author: Mango (Vietnam), 19-04-2024 00:53

-5 power by doing quest - Ira the Mage - Heroes 3 map

I also got stuck in Efreet fight, but after that i remembered the seer that give you -5 power by doing his quest. Hope this help s/o get stuck in the future.
Its near the stable right before you water walk to get into the fight
more...

Author: Andor (UK), 18-04-2024 23:29

Feedback - Battle Royale - Heroes 3 map

SPOILER: Some of this issues might be caused by Wogification and new terrain I guess.

So the artifacts that are on islands for some reason AI doesn't touch them.

Few buildings that I couldn't reach:
Lizard Den around middle of the map
Refuge camp North on the map south of the Cast
more...

Author: Andor (UK), 18-04-2024 23:19

Edit - Battle Royale - Heroes 3 map

There are a few issues on the map, nothing major.

A few unreachable places
More important one, the first Quest Tower lvl 20 req is passable so you can go in there at any level.
more...

Author: Honey Locust (Usa), 18-04-2024 18:30

Crystal dragons - Battle Royale - Heroes 3 map

Your intuition is right but I won’t spoil the surprise beyond that ;) it’s a small reward but a nice one nonetheless! They’re set to the default spawn / growth, some of my play tests the CPU actually took them out but I guess if no one does early on they quickly get out of hand.

There are some ot
more...

Author: Honey Locust (Usa), 18-04-2024 18:27

Thanks! - Battle Royale - Heroes 3 map

Good to know! I will work on some fixes when I get more feedback so I can upload it all at once. What places were unreachable? I thought I blocked off that tower correctly but I guess not! more...

Author: Al (Canada), 18-04-2024 17:53

Great map - Island of Rabbits - Heroes 4 map

Awesome map! 10/10 would recommend more...

Author: Andor (UK), 18-04-2024 17:52

Edit - Battle Royale - Heroes 3 map

There are a few issues on the map, nothing major.

A few unreachable places
More important one, the first Quest Tower lvl 20 req is passable so you can go in there at any level.
more...

Author: Andor (UK), 18-04-2024 14:52

Thank you! - Battle Royale - Heroes 3 map

What an amazing map.

The only regret is that I never found out what lied behind the (in my case) Hordes of Crystal dragons that probably guarded some treasure related to the tents.

No one really had the army to defeat then, either because they were to many, WOGification or just the fact that
more...

Author: Francois (France), 18-04-2024 13:08

Not buggy, but Heroes VV.V mod version 1.36 necessary - Armageddon Blade - Heroes 7 map

Thank you for your comment.
I don't understand some bugs. Before releasing it, my brother and I tested this map and found no bugs (I ALWAYS test my maps before publishing them).
1- There is no fight to recover the Armageddon Blade, you just have to find Sir Christian's tomb. So I don
more...

Author: tom (kitchener, canada), 18-04-2024 12:50

Fun map but a little buggy - Armageddon Blade - Heroes 7 map

Like the map. nice job. FYI finding it a little buggy. heroes disappear if you leave them in castle to defend. once they defend castle they are gone by next turn. could not recover hero by sending a second hero to prison to battle. you get to battle but you don't get the prisoner. had to battl more...

Author: Alex (Switzerland), 18-04-2024 07:23

Single player is too easy - This is Legion - Heroes 3 map

On the one hand, I like the idea of the map - all players start with strong armies and towns are well-guarded. However, the AI simlpy cannot compete with a human player here:
1. AI cannot combine combination artifacts, yet getting the one near your starting town is the main priority in the early ga
more...

Subscribe to our Telegram Channel "maps4heroes.com" to be the first to receive NEW Maps and News for Heroes of Might & Magic 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2!

How can I support maps4heroes.com ?

YooMoney:
Login / Register on Maps4Heroes.com
Heroes 7 (VII) - Maps Heroes 6 (VI) - Maps Heroes 5 (V) - Maps Heroes 4 (IV) - Maps Heroes 3 (III) - Maps Heroes 2 (II) - Maps

Subscribe to our Telegram Channel "maps4heroes.com" to be the first to receive NEW Maps and News for Heroes of Might & Magic 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2!

Heroes3 - Your opinions about Fountain of Doom - map rating = 4 Likes

Title:
Type your opinion in the space below:
Your name:
E-mail:

Your vote:
City, Country:
Attach the picture: (Gif, Jpeg)
Download map Fountain of Doom - heroes 3 mapsDownload map Fountain of Doom - heroes 3 maps

Download map -> Fountain of Doom

Heroes 3: The Shadow of Death

Beyond the Pestilence Lake,
That is Fountain of Doom.
Extremely impossible map, try it at your own risk.
Death comes at the second month.

Added: 05-10-2017

Heroes 3 maps: Hornger Games The Walking Dead | Abrin | 8x4 Pfrt One1 | Dragon Lord II

| 1-30 | 31-45 |

Author: Jozef (Slovakia), 17-03-2023 20:44
Very hard, but fun - Fountain of Doom
I have tried to speedrun the map as always, but I have found no good way of doing it, so 108 turns aren’t that impressive. Could have done it faster but I didn't get tactics. After all I am just happy that I completed this map. My strategy was to get AOTD and cloak of the undead asap. Then I just stood in front of the turquoise town, waited several weeks just so he could accumulate enough troops, converted them to my liches and then killed the main boss with around 20k liches. This is the easiest way of completing this imo, although I feel bad for abusing necromancy.

Author: sandro 1 (Athens, Greece), 24-07-2021 22:57
poor map - Fountain of Doom
hate it to say it, but poor map design. it is easy to do an impossible map, it is difficult to do a challenging map

Author: Kizlyk, 30-01-2021 20:12
Excellent map - Fountain of Doom
One of the best maps I have played. Very different from a standard "impossible XL" map where you just go from point to point defeating increasingly difficult enemies - nothing impossible there. Here enemies actually invade your lands in massive numbers. If enemy has necropolis or conflux the game is really hard

Author: KaO (LA, USA), 31-08-2018 01:23
Tedious, boring grindy map. - Fountain of Doom
Super annoying map design really. Not worth spending your time playing.

Yaroslav (Kyiv, Ukraine) writes:
31-08-2018 11:12

Not agree - Fountain of Doom

Map design is nothing special but not annoying. Reminds a bit of Limes Inferior: poor start, high demands to the tempo. But gameplay is rather good, requires skill. In my case Fountain of Doom was worth it's time.

Author: Motor (Modiin, Israel), 11-07-2018 18:26 Like
Played for fun - Fountain of Doom
I played this game for fun. Not impossible and not SoD - WOG. The hero was Sir Mullich. I found also the Grail
and the purple tent. Both never was used. Thanks Aeris for excellent game.
Voted 10.

Author: dream (UK), 02-04-2016 05:43 Like
bug? - Fountain of Doom
What's wrong with the sh***ty amount of trees at the pink area? Its neither aesthetically pleasing or interesting. Worst was that I couldnt get to the grail due to sh***ty pathing. was unable to get Fly, hence unable to end the game because I could not get to teal. FML.

Aeris writes:
12-07-2016 11:49

Fly spell available - Fountain of Doom

Hello. A scholar underground near a legion of Azure Dragons should have taught you Fly.

Author: myth1908 (Bucuresti, Romania), 05-11-2015 15:05
Doing it impossible is one thing, doing it retarded is another. - Fountain of Doom
I've never in my life accumulated so much anger at a video game. As the title says, no problem with impossible, but retarded is a different matter.

Vote: 2

Author: Nicolas (Nanterre, France), 07-09-2015 01:24 Like
Again - Fountain of Doom

Nicolas (Nanterre, France) writes:
07-09-2015 01:25

...aaaaand... - Fountain of Doom

...Yesssss! ^^

9 turned to 10.

One good thing done.

Author: Nicolas (Nanterre, France), 10-08-2015 12:14 Like
Second attempt - Fountain of Doom
...well, the title says everything.

Author: Nicolas (Nanterre, France), 02-08-2015 01:15 Like
Changing vote - Fountain of Doom
See my discussion with Valery to understand why.

Author: Nicolas (Nanterre, France), 01-08-2015 12:52 Like
...no pb of way to win... - Fountain of Doom
...again, Valery, please stop attributing me things that I haven't said...

My rating is NOT due to the fact that I failed to win, but to the fact that in some case, the winnability can be due, not to the player ability (or lack of ability...), but to a combination of random elements.

But even more important: as you said, the attribution of votes is mainly linked to the fun one has at playing a map: because of these random elements, this one had become a little annoying to play, at the end. And HERE lies the true ground of my "9" - not in any difficulty to finish it or not.

And clearly, had pink played dungeon, with its main hero with intelligence as a secondary capacity, while I had chosen, say, Stronghold or Conflux, and without the cloak of the undead king available, and without any Necro nor inferno castle available (pretty easy to find, for a combination), how do you win it? And I'm pretty sure that there are other combination that render this game pretty harder than it already is.

So again, the problem is not about the possibility to win or not: it is, in my opinion, a problem of conception, because too many elements are left to the chance.

But it's still a great map, and as I stated in my preceding post: having thought about what you said, I'll probably change my rating to a 10 in the near future.

Author: Valery (Lyon, France), 01-08-2015 12:22
+ - Fountain of Doom
This changes nothing to my opinion that both your rating of TEW2 and above map were unfair.

Week of monster bugs: independent of mapmaker. Today there is a way to circumvent them by installing era and sod mod.

Fountain of Doom: description says: Extreme impossible map, play it at your own risk. After such description, making a bad rating because of fail to win problem makes not much sense, especially when comment from other players show there IS a way to win.

Author: Nicolas (Nanterre, France), 01-08-2015 12:08 Like
Thanks! - Fountain of Doom
for changing your way of writing, Valery.

Well, you still stick to the fact that I choose only the "most successful maps"... and in fact, I didn't. This is precisely what I was trying to explain:

I don't choose maps only by sorting them by votes, but rather by size, extension (ROE, AB or SOD, in my case), difficulty (expert or impossible, because the easy ones don't give me any fun anymore... though I played some of the other ones, from easy to hard), and size.

That's why I was pleading for a normal rating by everyone... but the fact is, you're right on the time problem (most people probably won't search the maps as carefully as I do)... which is to say that there is even another one: what about the maps (some very good indeed) that haven't received any vote? I've taken a little time to review the maps you can find here (not 2K, but rather 1200-1300... which is still a lot, I concede it ;-) ), and there are still too many that are at the bottom of the classification... just because they haven't any mark.

So, even if I still think that people (well, ok, me, peculiarly... XD ) should be let the right to vote for maps the way they want to, the system is biased by the fact that too few people actually do vote.

I'll take some time to review my notation of a few maps, and may even give that one a 10 - even though I think it deserves a 9 - because of that.

Author: Valery (Lyon, France), 01-08-2015 11:46
+ - Fountain of Doom
I don't have a problem with an complex mode of rating, where all details are summed then a precise rating is done. Actually I would find this system of rating very useful for mapmakers.

So from this perspective, Nicolas is right.

But the flaw (why can't we edit) of such system is the TIME. You don't have the time to review the 2000 available map under such conditions, so, as Nicolas, you will select obviously the most successful maps -as he did- then will lower their rating under the pretext the rating is now realistic and scientific.

But will leave the 1000 others with 10 ratings.

Result: you think you did an awesome job, but in fact you lowered the rating of 2 exceptional maps then leave 1000 mediocre others still at 10.

And thanks for changing your rating for TEW2, that map surely deserves critical comments, but is way too good and professional to show elsewhere than on top.

Author: Nicolas (Nanterre, France), 01-08-2015 02:28 Like
Statements... - Fountain of Doom
Hello Kicferk.

First of all, thanks for your answer, and I do understand your point of view.

But as a matter of fact, I did play a lot of lower rated maps before to give my first ratings (in order to get an idea of the ratings, precisely, but as well because I believe that one can get a lot of fun out of lower rated maps, as well). And my ratings are given regardless of the fact that a map is winnable or not, or of the minor bugs I've encountered. I've given 10s to maps in which bugs can happen (and by now, I'm fully aware of the fact that these are bugs of the game, not of the maps...), and lower votes to ones that hadn't.

If you read me well, you'll see that the minor problem I saw in this one is not that it can be won or not (I can read, anyway, and had seen quite well that other players had won it), but merely that some combinations may render the map difficult, or even impossible, to finish - which, in my case, I did not even say: re-read my first account better, please... I admitted that it was certainly winnable, but that I probably lacked the courage and patience to take the stance.

And in the end, my victory was only due to the fact that I have found a combination of battle moves that induced the computer not to make a move before he was too weak to seriously endanger me.

i.e.: I decided not to move any of my troops, to cast forgetfulness on the computers grand elves, then to blind its archangels and silver pegasi, and then to cure my troops (expert water magic) and make clones of my mighty gorgones to strike the a.i.'s gold dragons, which by luck were positioned at the entrance of the castle, preventing its other troops from going out. After that, a combination of luck (ghost dragons' clones regularly reducing computer's monsters HP...), clones, and archangels' resurrection helped me to wipe the remaining troops away.

But had the computer player decided to attack from the beginning, and I would have lost (any other combination of moves / spells from me was concluded by a massive - and very fast - slaughter of my troops). Very far from the other victories depicted by other players, in which they really had a possibility to oppose the computer a fair fight.

So yes, of course, there are always means to win a map (or almost), once you've been through all the problems that it proposes. And in that case, as I said, I had a lot of fun playing it. But that randomness problem, and the continuous incoming of powerful foes, rendered it a little more annoying, at the end. Hence my 9.

But, again, I understand that many people, and more particularly the maps creators, don't like the maps everybody consider as legendary to be given other marks than 10s, because of that decreasing in the classification by votes.

That's why, when I play a map, I almost always give marks that go from 5 to 10. And I've rated quite a lot by now - and given a bunch of 5 and 6, to ones that truly deserved it. I just happen to consider that, instead of criticizing people who don't give a 10 to every map, maybe it would be better if everyone truly voted for the maps...

I really do believe that people don't simply search the maps through their ratings, but as well through their level of difficulties, the extension they are made with (for example, I haven't installed any other than the three basic ones: no WOG or Horn of the Abyss for me...), and the number of votes or comments (a map that receives a 8.3 or 8.4 with 200 comments has fairly more chances to be interesting than a one that has a 10 for only 5 comments...)

But again, it's just an opinion.

Author: Kicferk, 01-08-2015 01:12
Ratings - Fountain of Doom
I think the main problem Valery has with Your ratings is, some maps deserveto get 8. Others deserve to get 6. There is a lot of them, even here. But most people(you likely included) don't play them. Why? Well, because there are also maps that deserve 10.

And then these people, with no real experience about what it means to get buggy or too easy maps treat very minor issues too seriously. In fact seriously enough to not give a fantastic map a 10.

Truth be told, there are no flawless maps. A map deserves a 10 if it provides a lot of fun and if any drawbacks it has don't take away from the experience you had. And some things are not the fault of mapmaker, they are simply results of your game version or your misjudgement.

To sum up. You are free and welcome to make educated rating and contribution. It's only the uneducated ones that are causing a conflict. Like the one here, 'it can't be won, lower rating' and then 'oh wait, I won it'. Don't you see a problem in that?

Author: Nicolas (Nanterre, France), 31-07-2015 21:50 Like
Many mistakes - Fountain of Doom
...and so, what? Am I supposed to buy your opinion (or Nautilus') about "harmful" rating effects, without questioning it? Sorry, but no.

Especially when so many things you say are wrong: just have a look at the evolution of my rating of EW 2... (because yes, I have changed it. And without any problem. It's now a 10. Happy? Satisfied?).

I'm not in any "classroom" ;, and I'm by no way careless: I just, maybe naively, thought that, by honestly giving maps the rating I thought, or felt, that was right, I was contributing to the success of this site, and in some ways helping the map creators to continue to improve themselves, and their creations.

But again, thanks for your condemnation of my votes, and for the oh! so kind and gentle remarks you made about me, my playing, and my contributions to this site.

Author: Valery (Lyon, France), 31-07-2015 14:15
opinion - Fountain of Doom
I don' t blame your right to express opinion, you can write walls of text about maps or whatever. I blame you for careless rating.

Such maps are not in competition, they are out of it, pure gems, proof why this game has still people addicted to. You think you are in some classroom and here notes are 6.6, 9.3, 1.5. The reality is much simpler: once a map is given less than 10, it goes down in the list because, as you said, there are dozens of rated 10 maps. People start their search naturally by "rating", to avoid time waste.

read Nautilus comment in his map Metataxer about ratings and their harmful effects. Especially when map is fantastic and bug-less, and especially when the "bugs" imputed are NOT bugs.

Thats all.

Author: Nicolas (Nanterre, France), 31-07-2015 12:48 Like
...am I dreaming... - Fountain of Doom
...or you're trying to blackmail me??? On emotional grounds, in addition??? Because yes, to try to play on people's emotions to have them change their ways of thinking or doing is blackmail - you're French, just as I am, so you may know the expression "chantage émotionnel" ;.

And please don't deny it: when you say that "because of me" (and my "poor" ratings...) people will stop playing legendary maps, you're trying to make me feel guilty, in order to either get rid of me, and/or try to influence my way of thinking / acting on this website.

Same thing when you say me that I'm "sending maps to the dust", just because I don't give them a 10 - which is not the case: 7, 8 and 9 still are "good" to "very good" ratings. Or is it compulsory to give a 10 when one rates a map, on this site?

In addition, do you really imagine people care so much about my ratings, that they could decide not to play a map, because I didn't give it a top rate? You're making my ratings far more important than they are, don't you?

Not to say that when maps are sorted by ratings, it's the mean of their ratings that are taken in account, and a 9.9 mean is still exceptional - especially with so many ratings and comments.

What disturbed me, when I first came to this site, was precisely the fact that all maps get loads of 10's...but only 10's. Hopefully, just as so many others, my choices aren't exclusively based on ratings...

You ask if I have already designed a map: the answer is yes, so I perfectly know how hard it is to do so (by the way, the results were awful, in my opinion, so you won't find them here).

I only express my opinion. And you have a full right to disagree with it. But I don't think you have the one to depreciate me, or my judgements, the way you did. Did I with yours? Or with your statements? (even during our former discussion about "les premices de l'Apocalypse&qu ot;) I don't think so. Neither have you the one to presume on my intentions, on my level at playing (which, I recognize, is not forcently as high as yours) or on the way I give ratings: I never do it in a hurry (and on my review, I acknowledged the fact that had lacked the courage to go through the final battle).

And yes, my statements are sometimes interesting and useful...
http://www.maps4hero es.com/forum/opinion s.php?map_id=1114&ga me=3

So thanks for the "cocky analysis", by the way.

Author: Valery (Lyon, France), 31-07-2015 05:29
+ - Fountain of Doom
Well, I was sincere, I hope you get nice and long vacancies, far away from maps rating. Sure, you have the right to express your cocky analysis and poor ratings (8 to Empire of the world 2?!!), but the reality is that you just sent two major Heroes artworks into dust, rating are definitive and a map rated less than 10 is no longer played by new comers. Yes, this is the real issue on maps4heroes.

The Empire 2 is a great source of inspiration for all mapmakers and players, its design is inspired like none else, its battles are epic, the details and astonishing. Yet you are the only one in 10 years to throw it a 8 rating because "too many bugs" with weekly creatures.

Dude, have you ever tried to design a map? How the author is responsible for a bug which is issued because designers bad codes? 20 ratings of 10, and one of 8, yours. Don't you have minimum decency to see how much is this embarrassing, but for you?

Then look what you do here, you can't even finish the map-because of randomness, come on-, then give bad rating in a hurry. Days later you recognize you were wrong, but the problem is now that rating will stay, the map has been declassed and will probably be no longer played.

Have a nice day.

Author: Nicolas (Nanterre, France), 31-07-2015 03:51 Like
...Really... - Fountain of Doom
...my dear Valery, you're undoubtfully very talented at trolling.

I just intended to post a simple edit of my account, stating that in fact, it wasn't as hard as I thought, for I finally won (185 days, with 484 points - used a two heroes combo to win: the first to drain all pink's MPs, the second to finish him off with a combination of skeletons harvested across the map by a necro, and a powerful Neela recruited in a tavern...) and coming here, I find - again - an aggressive comment from you...

So, thanks a lot for showing so much hatred and despise. It's very helpful to everyone, that's for sure. But maybe you could tell us all - well, and among all, especially me - the reason for your oh! Soooo constructive answers to my posts?

Unless, of course, it's again gonna be something disdainful, or uselessly sarcastic, or any kind of remark that will show everybody how much less worthwhile than you I am?

Author: Valery (Lyon, France), 27-07-2015 12:28
your last game - Fountain of Doom
And we hope so, because the ratings you give at major maps are a shame, so everyone will be happy. Have nice vacations./

Author: Nicolas (Nanterre, France), 26-07-2015 23:48 Like
...first try... - Fountain of Doom
...and; being a fail, probably the last.

Sorry to tell you that, Aeris, but this map has a flaw... and a major one: its randomness.

Let me explain:

I've been through every problem it raises: conquered the garrisons (both of them, for experience), the 1k lvl 7 creatures to get summon boat, the azure dragons underground, beaten blue, purple, teal, and the pink's villages underground, with great difficulties, but success, each time.

All that at my first attempt (I started a second, but after a few turns, finally resumed my first one).

But when I reached that final town, it turned out to be impossible to beat... with the combination of troops I have.

I play Castle, blue had Fortress, Purple and pink had Rampart, and teal started with Tower: as you see, no combination occurred... contrarily to most examples given by people who have finished it (blue and red both Tower, or both Inferno...).

So in the end, I have a total weekly wealthiness and growth of creatures that both exceeds Pinks (because yes, of course, I have opened the map in the editor...), but I can't take advantage of it, because I can't unite them all!

And beating a number of gold dragons that increases by 35 each week (and I've checked it: it really does) is simply not possible, as gold dragons can't be blinded (not to mention the astronomical number of war unicorns, dendroid soldiers and Silver Pegasi...)

The only option would be to play long enough to reach a level like 80 or more with a hero (by letting the randomly appeared creatures on the map reaching summits, and then beating them all...), and it definitely would take too long.

Two interesting points: no pandora's box to be seen (computer took it?), and no cloak of the undead king either (I had the dead Man's boots, and the amulet of the undertaker, but I couldn't find the Vampire's Cowl).

Do you think it would be possible to win in that configuration? I don't. Of course, if people are interested, I can share a copy of my .gm files... ^^

Great map anyway: had fun to play it, even though my game can't be finished (well, could, but I really lack the courage to take that final battle... XD )

So, 9 rating, because of that randomness problem.

And this one could very well be my very last H3 game. :-)

01-08-2015 13:02

Week of the monster - Fountain of Doom

Valery, I don't see why you talked about that week of the monster bug? I had no problem with it...

Have a nice summer!

Valery (Lyon, France) writes:
01-08-2015 13:27

+ - Fountain of Doom

It was your main critic for tew2.

About fun: my opinion is that every map who has been thoroughly tested before release deserves a 10. No matter you have fun or not. This is not a video game review where we put a note between 0 and 5 for games released by billions of dollars companies.

This is a site where people who sacrificed part of their free time to one hobby, share with others. The 10 rating is one way to say thanks.

Now, surely there are weird maps out there, with strange ideas, done by either game ignorants or just one day fans. In general those maps can't be completed or are completed too easy (see husham XL maps where you can win in 2 days without visiting 99% of the map).

That maps is ok to put a rating of 1, to prevent people to waste their time.

About fun: after playing and coding wog for several years, I have little fun to play sod maps. They lack role playing, extended mechanics, and all those things wog maps have. But this is not mapmaker's fault, is my individual taste.

And same thing for everything that doesn't suit my taste, I don't lower my rating because of that. Was playing the other day the Longest Journey map, downloadable here.

The map has a lot of features I really hate in Heroes, like time events taking all your resources, hidden events doing dame things, curious quests giving one wood for one ore, so is not fun for me. BUT: this is not an error, mapmaking enjoys them, is my taste which is different. Beside, the map has great design and flawless playability.

If one prefers dark chocolate and another prefers milk chocolate, this doesn't mean the first guy must rate the milk chocolate lower. Low ratings must describe mapmaking or playability errors, not the fact that you prefer start with castle instead of fortress, generalizing.

02-08-2015 01:14

Okay. - Fountain of Doom

...but this is your opinion.

Maybe we should start a general discussion on the subject, with as many people as we can...

In the meanwhile, I must admit that your points are quite strong ones. Hence, from now, I'll either put a 10 to the maps I play, or I won't rate them at all - and then indicate in the comments what rating I think they are worth.

But I'd really like to have some other people's opinion.

Thanks for this constructive discussion!

02-08-2015 11:52

+ - Fountain of Doom

Of course is my opinion and I do not force anyone to adopt it. I would have never answer you if your rating were 9 but for good reasons. For example, you could rate this map 9 for poor design, Aeris strongly insists on hard game play and complex tactics, but doesn't give a damn about map being beautiful. Using or not the editor at maximum possibilities is indeed something that can be rated and not an opinion.

Of you could have said that Empire 2 lacks progressive difficulty in battles, so there is no real challenge towards the end, no feeling of accomplishment. There are better done maps from this perspective so a realistic rating could go that way.

But your points were unfair, that's why I popped in. Is not your rating who disturbed me, but your explanations.

Have nice vacations, bronze bien :)

Eny writes:
16-08-2015 16:59

Orb of vulnerability - Fountain of Doom

Teal player start with orb of vulnerability in front of his castle so you have to steal it from one of his heroes. When fighting heroes dont let them ever escape from you so that you can take their items(use blind or fight them in castles if you have to). With the orb you can blind anything including gold dragons.

Author: Wicker (Prague), 04-09-2014 12:58
Last Hero
Is this some kind of new version of map? The last hero seems impossible for me. Im currently at month 4 and have like 120 titans, 200 nagas and so on. My fastest unit is archdevil but he is slower than archangles and also last pink hero appears to have artilery, so every time battle starts he casts armor of dammed on me and fight is over. He cannot be bersekerd either. Any tips ?

Kicferk writes:
04-09-2014 13:11

Battle tactics

Hero with tactics could put his units in the way that they are not immediately dead. Then use armageddon :) And then hope you can find him i tavern. Or use fire resistant units and run after armageddon.

01-08-2015 13:00

...problems... - Fountain of Doom

...Kicferk, may I remind you that Pink hero has Master tactics and the shackles of war? So you can't run, and tactics won't be of any use...

(which doesn't mean this battle is not winnable, I concede).

One or two tips: Wicker
- use a first hero without any range attack troops, only to weaken pink's hero and having him lower its spell points
- then attack him with a hero, again without any range attack (generally, when you haven't any shooter, the computer stays behind its walls as long as you don't move your troops) and use clone
- if it's not enough, finish him with a third hero with shooters.

All in one turn, of course (otherwise, the A.I.'s magic point will come back)...

But I'm not sure this can work.

01-08-2015 15:04

+ - Fountain of Doom

yes this is very good advice when AI -in town- seems impossible, go with very little or no ranged units at all. If you have intelligence then summon spell-and obviously decent stats- you will survive until the moment AI is out of mana, and AI without mana is like a bug: squash it.

Author: Wicker (Prague), 03-09-2014 15:14
Question
I got summon boat spell, but there are no boats to summon. Am i doing something wrong? THX for reply

Kicferk writes:
03-09-2014 18:28

Boats

If you have expert water magic, you don't need any boat to exist for the spell to work. But on basic level you need to build a boat first, be it from shipyard, castle or by using spell on advanced level with different hero. So I suggest getting a hero with water magic, maybe with scholar, and using the spell then :)

Author: Wicker (Prague), 03-09-2014 02:14
Teal
Hello, will ever teal heroes stop comming ? im on month 3 and blue is detroyed and purple has only weak heroes, but that teal piece of s*it keeps comming with like 30 hydras every day. it starts to be pretty boring. THX for reply

Kicferk writes:
03-09-2014 18:29

Teal

I think he will stop coming when you kill him, not earlier.

Author: VAL (Germany), 16-01-2014 16:40
No Chance
Maybe i am not experienced enough, but i really dont see any chance even to start. No money, no skills, no artifacts i was just able to get all the mines in the starting area and then i stand no chance against the first enemy i met. He runs into my town even bevor i was able to build Titans. just for interest it would be nice if any of those excellent players would tell how they managed the very beginning. Thanks.

Author: h3 fan, 19-11-2013 21:26
H3 Broke :D
so... i farmed few skeletons, with help of good duy npc ofc ^^. 15k skeleton was fine :D, but then i defeated pop up army (30k gremlins and other barbarian hordes) my skeleton count became little to mutch for the game i gues :D. 35k skeletons somhow became "-28k" skeletons and got 1 hited by 500 of those blue mages with mass buffs ^^.

Valery writes:
20-11-2013 01:16

nope

After 35700 you must move troops between slots by using slider bar or type manually the numbers to move, don't move with mouse/drag, they will vanish or create negative numbers. Easy to avoid.

Author: Eny (Bulgaria), 06-06-2013 18:43
Nice map
Just finished it in 4 months and 2 weeks on hard difficulty. I would say that it's good challenging map but from my expirience i wouldnt call it "Extremely impossible map". :)
I played with demons, purple was with angels, teal was demon too and pink was with hydras. I guess the hardest fight was against the barrier because my main hero(speciality on logistic) failed to get intelligence and i was realy short on mana. Another tough fight was against one of the first strong pink heroes who was casting blind, mass dispell, haste + he had 1k+ lizard archers and most of his other stacks were capable of oneshoting my arch devils. I killed him the second day he arrived :D!!! Overall I didnt felt any pressure from the enemy heroes, it was only annoying that no matter how many you kill, new one(teal) arrive almost every day. And the whole game except last battle i was fighting only with arch devils and few arch magi for spell cost reduction.

Later I picked other hero for main, Ayden with speciality on intelligence and with him it was another story. His endless mana was really useful against the annoying emerald dragons and the final boss.
And the final boss was really annoying with his spell resistence but without dispelling my blinds he was doomed to die :)
He had 497 chaos hydras, 300 archangels, 1000 enchanters, 1491 mighty gorgons, 1988 gr. basilisks, 994 wyvern monarchs and 656 dragon flies.
Amd I had 126 arch devils, 62 archangles and 5 arch magi, alot of 'arch' :D. I also had 3000 mana and spend almost 2k for the fight. Because of those nasty resists on blind my devils got one shot several times but it was not a problem :)

From what Slick Dragon have wrote below it seems that the map version is different? I didnt find any pandora box that give 50 lvl, the items seem different and teal wasnt that stong, just annoying with his endless heroes.

Author: cengiz (Turkey), 28-03-2013 05:31
excellent map
this is the best i have ever seen in heroes 3. played many times with towers but i realised that i cant have chance to defeat the army growing agressively teals. Afterthat i start to play with necromancers but same result have been in 3 months. İ could defeat purple but no teal unfortunately. My last play i spent 10 hours to finish the game . i chose necromancer and in 4 week i had castles of blue also. And i defeated army of purple 5th week. After the defeating his big army i can have chance to defeat armies coming from purple. But finishing 1 month teals are coming to destroy everything. With pathfinding and boot speed i try to take all castle as soon as possible. İf teal army couldnt walk enough to take castle. İ teleported there chosing 7 creature running faster and taking fist oppurtinity to play. İ used berserk and run many times until destying his all army. Then i attacked with teal with my full army and beated him. And luckily i found his heroes with skillls around 80 and afterthat that was easy to win the game:)i finished the game with 90k skeletons:D

| 1-30 | 31-45 |

Heroes 3: Horn of the Abyss 1.6.1 - Download Section

Heroes 7 News

Heroes 3 map: "Atlantic Revolutions"

Heroes 3 New map: "1797:Northern Italy campaign"

Heroes 7 maps

Heroes 7 patch 2.2 now available

Heroes 7 Creatures Fortress

Heroes 7 patch 1.8 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.7 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.6 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.5 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.4 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.3 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.2.1 now available

Heroes 7 cheats

Heroes 7 available!!! - Launch Trailer

Heroes 7 - closed beta 2 now available!

Heroes 7 screenshots

Heroes 7 Elves faction

Heroes 7 Dwarves faction

Heroes 7 Academy faction

Heroes 7 Haven faction

Heroes 7 release date: 29 September 2015

Haps4Heroes.com

How can I support maps4heroes.com ?

YooMoney:

Copyright © 1999-2024 All questions and comments please mail to evgkuz@yandex.ru

Privacy Policy