Heroes of Might and Magic® IV is more than a sequel - it's a
celebration of both the old and the new. With an all-new engine that features a
new magic system, new campaigns, new hero-character classes, and gameplay that
varies according to how you play, you'll be amazed at how much the
Heroes™ you know and love has improved!
Players familiar with the Heroes series will immediately notice many
improvements to the familiar interface and gameplay:
Now you can actively lead multiple hero-characters into battle to fight
alongside troops for an intense combat experience. You'll encounter all-new
heroes and over 60 creatures in 6 massive campaigns and 24 scenarios.
With an all-new game engine, lifelike isometric view, breathtaking
graphics and richly detailed landscapes, the adventure map comes alive!
Heroes™ IV combines the latest technology with the best features of the
classic strategy game.
With 48 Hero Classes and all-new skill and magic systems, summon all your
strategic insight, tactical cunning and leadership abilities to ascend to the
throne of this perilous new world!
Newcomers to Heroes of Might and Magic® will find that, while the game
includes very detailed scenarios and hero possibilities, the series itself is
renowned for its ease of use. Much of your time will be spent exploring the maps
and continents, collecting resources, and engaging the enemy in battle. Visit
towns, explore forests, raid castles…each of these places is a new opportunity
to build up your army, earn gold, and gain new territory and hero-characters!
- For the first time ever, bring hero-characters into battle as
super-soldiers in your army!
- All-new game engine!
- All-new isometric viewpoint and informative interface.
- Tweak the new personal scenarios and map editor to make levels and quests
for your friends!
- Over 140 hours of gameplay and 6 unique campaigns.
- 11 starting Hero classes, 37 advanced classes - choose the specific
classes of each member in your army!
- All-new magic system - Complete Hero customization at your fingertips.
- 60 varied creature classes to control.
- More than 300 Adventure Map structures to interact with.
- Resource mines appear in multiple states: undeveloped resource deposit,
working mine, abandoned mine (guarded by creatures), and run-out mine (no
longer producing resources).
- New "Fog of War" map effect: clear for recently explored terrain, gray in
areas visited in the past, and black for areas not yet visited.
- Watch out for Wandering Monsters. If they find any of your armies and they
think they can take them out, prepare for battle!
- Creature stacks controlled by the player will run away if overpowered,
join your army if they feel like it, or fight.
Hero Classes, Creatures and Armies
- Each player can control up to 8 armies, each consisting of up to 7
individual hero-characters and/or troops of creatures!
- 11 starting Hero Classes, each with two starting skills (Barbarians have
3), and 37 advanced Hero Classes.
- 9 Hero Primary Skills, each with 3 associated Secondary Skills (27 total).
- 66 types of creatures!
- Hero-characters and creatures have similar stats: Damage, Hit Points,
Speed, Movement, Spell Points, Shots, Luck, and Morale.
- Hero-characters of any class can equip themselves with any artifact.
- Creatures have a backpack so that they may carry but not equip artifacts.
- Each combat screen grid can be a different terrain, with associated
bonuses and negatives for Hero Classes/Creatures.
- Hero Classes can participate in combat; they can move, attack, defend and
retaliate just like creatures!
- Combatants can face in 8 different directions on the Combat Screen.
- In siege combat, Creatures at the base of a town wall can attack defenders
at the top of a wall and vice-versa!
- Six town types: Academy, Haven, Preserve, Asylum, Necropolis and
- "Outpost" towns may be captured by the player and converted into any of
the six town types!
- 5 Schools of Magic: Life, Order, Death, Chaos, and Nature.
Pentium 200 MHz or faster processor (Pentium II 400 MHz reccommended)
Microsoft Windows 95, 98, Me, or 2000
32 MB RAM (64 MB RAM recommended)
650 MB hard disk space
Internet access required for online features