Author: Sasha (Canada), 28-04-2024 19:05

Necklace of ocean guidance - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

Thanks, the question is, how the hell do I get there. Also, do you know where to get another water walk to free hero in prison more...

Author: Наипуш (Россия), 28-04-2024 17:46

answer - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

I found it :) more...

Author: Frustrated haven player , 28-04-2024 17:38

How the hell am i about to defeat brown? - The Necromancer`s Lieutenant - Heroes 5 map

I like this map, but i dont know hot to handle brown player. Has a lvl 42 knight, all shatter magic on expert, still he just take control on my upgraded footman and just keep doing that, cant use my archers, any suggestions? I also have the helm that give 12 knoledge and a lot of exp (you get it by more...

Author: ezioartem (russia), 28-04-2024 16:57

BEST MAP - Auf Engelsflugeln - Heroes 5 map

throughout my 10+ year old history of playing HOMMV this is so far the best map ive experienced. i truly fell in love. thank you!!! more...

Author: Sulim81 (Poland), 28-04-2024 16:50

Done - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

Finished. What can I say? - amazing masterpiece. Number one for me. For experienced players only final fight will be challenging, but had a lot of fun on the way. I really liked the idea of two different styles,I felt like playing two different maps. First half pure adventure, second - old good hero more...

Author: Наипуш (Россия), 28-04-2024 16:36

Question - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

Dear author, I'm at a dead end again. Where can I get a sphere of air or 5 ores? more...

Author: Stoyan (Bulgaria), 28-04-2024 15:34

Neklace of ocean guidance - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

Road to the Neklace more...

Author: Mistotm , 28-04-2024 13:53

The Broken Bow Rebellion - The Broken Bow Rebellion - Heroes 3 map

Прекрасная карта. Получил удовольствие от прохождения. Спасибо за проделанную работу! more...

Author: Niko , 28-04-2024 13:44

A great adventure map - Kingdom of Harmondale - Heroes 3 map

Played this map long ago, to no success. Decided to replay it recently and actually managed to beat it, but it took a considerable amount of trial and error before a winning strategy was found. Still an enjoyable map and a state-of-art conversion of storyline from M&M7.
P.S. The final battle would&
more...

Author: Sulim81 (Poland), 28-04-2024 12:45

Found it - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

Found it immediately after posting - magic :) more...

Author: Sulim81 (Poland), 28-04-2024 12:27

Stuck - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

I have almost finished, but can not find vampires nor fangarms to open quest guards. I have searched everywhere, can not figure it out. Could somebodygive me a hint? more...

Author: Sasha (Canada), 28-04-2024 06:44

Neklace of ocean guidance - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

I am stuck in area where the first prison is. I dont know how to free hero from the island and where is Neklace of ocean guidance. more...

Author: Nebel 74 (CZ), 27-04-2024 22:58

Cape of Conjuring - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

Hi Наипуш, you get the Cape of Conjuring in Dragon Utopia. It is located before the entrance to the Botanical Garden.
p.s. thanks for the like :)
more...

Author: Наипуш (Россия), 27-04-2024 22:06

Question - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

The author likes the map. I haven't had 40 crystals attacked from the dwarven treasure troves. I had to cheat and redo the save. But there is a question: where can I get a magic cape for a magician's ring? Thank you. more...

Subscribe to our Telegram Channel "maps4heroes.com" to be the first to receive NEW Maps and News for Heroes of Might & Magic 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2!

How can I support maps4heroes.com ?

YooMoney:
Login / Register on Maps4Heroes.com
Heroes 7 (VII) - Maps Heroes 6 (VI) - Maps Heroes 5 (V) - Maps Heroes 4 (IV) - Maps Heroes 3 (III) - Maps Heroes 2 (II) - Maps

Subscribe to our Telegram Channel "maps4heroes.com" to be the first to receive NEW Maps and News for Heroes of Might & Magic 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2!

Heroes3 - Your opinions about Cover of Darkness - map rating = 1 Likes

Title:
Type your opinion in the space below:
Your name:
E-mail:

Your vote:
City, Country:
Attach the picture: (Gif, Jpeg)
Download map Cover of Darkness - heroes 3 mapsDownload map Cover of Darkness - heroes 3 maps

Download map -> Cover of Darkness

Heroes 3: Horn of the Abyss

Version 2
Wizards and Necromancers are fighting each other, as well as their common enemy: The infernal demons. Rumors are spreading that all parties believe that obtaining the Grail will give them the final advantage they need to pressure their cause and claim dominance over all.

Added: 07-08-2020

Heroes 3 maps: Princess on the move | Infinite World | Diablo | A Pirate's Life For Me ult ed

Author: Ayzofc (Denmark), 09-11-2020 20:25
Version 2 - Cover of Darkness
Second version released November 2020

- Additional nerfs to Necropolis towns: Necromancy Amplifiers are no longer available from the start of the game.
- Earth Tome can no longer spawn as a random artifact.
- Extensive restrictions on Hero availability based on chosen playercolor. This will make it extremely rare to find an enemy hero in the Tavern.
- Many events have been placed on the map which triggers for computer-only heroes, granting them either experience or primary stat bonuses.
- One-way teleporters have been adjusted to make it easier to arrive at key locations. Yellow, Pink and Blue one-way teleporters have been created to help with this.
- More creature dwellings have been placed for Orange opponent, making his army spiral in the late game to compensate for fewer Inferno towns on the map.
- Many cosmetic adjustments have been made to the map.
- Many minor tweaks, too numerous to mention.

Author: alukim (Bardejov), 10-09-2020 15:10
no way to win - Cover of Darkness
the scenario can not be completed.. I got to the obelisk, however the grail is hidden behind the white gate. the only white keymaster is in the orange player area with no access to it.
Or is there any access..??

Ayzofc (Denmark) writes:
10-09-2020 16:12

response - Cover of Darkness

Only orange player have access to the white keymaster. There is another way to the grail. You can try and find it yourself or see the spoilers for it by scrolling down to the bottom of of this page.

alukim (Bardejov) writes:
10-09-2020 21:29

no way to win - Cover of Darkness

finished

Author: Monroe, 07-09-2020 20:58
Tedious Map - Cover of Darkness
While I recognize the great amount of effort put into making this map, I must say this was not an enjoyable one for me.
I'm not sure if the restrictions the author describe in the comment have been implemented, but this map has mostly been frustrating, at least for my style of play.
The map was frustrating, but not in a challenging way - I played necro and decided to not even main a necro hero. Never used skeletons throughout the map. The ever-disappearing map was not a fun gag for me, and I often found myself simply going back and forth, doing nothing. No fights, no exploration, just looking for some way to a tent so I can at least access some small area where I didn't step before.
No enemy was ever powerful enough to provide a challenge. Orange was completely negligible by the time I got to him. Halfway into the gameplay, money and power stop being an object. I had around 20 fully built castles, making around 60K per day.
This in no way meant to disrespect the maker, the map is beautiful and clearly a lot of thought has been put into it, but perhaps to warn others what this map is about and what it's not.
The execution of the idea is done well, in general, just the idea itself was not very enjoyable for me.
Either way, I'd be excited to see other maps from this maker, as he can clearly design gameplay and build a world.

Flou writes:
12-11-2021 22:55

I totally agree and it's well said. If you don't like maze/many many one way portal/no tp map, you'll suffer (when I think that I added tp... I just cant imagine the pain without. However, it is a great amount of effort, it's not just my cup of tea.

Flou writes:
12-11-2021 23:00

I forgot to mention the many cover of darkness... oh I just get it now ! (jk). The map is complicated especially with no tp / one way monolith, you just can't memorize anything because of the cover of darkness, map editor is mandatory. I think a good map should not force the player to use the editor. Anyway still impressive map !

Author: Solmyros (Greece), 29-08-2020 21:29
An overall good map! - Cover of Darkness
The map-maker has talent, it can be clearly seen from this map's details.

However, I found this map easy (on 200%). It was depicted as "impossible&quo t;, so I decided to go with necropolis, as I thought it would be very challenging. However, very easily I was the strongest (based on tavern at least).

And I was not even trying to save my skeletons. Only with the vampire lords it was enough.

So, after 2-3 months I was the strongest (or 2nd strongest) and the exhausting task of finding all the tents began. That's why I "cheated" and saw the tents from editor. I was already overpowered. AI was no threat... So, I had to save my some time

This is not flexing of my skills ofc. I have lost in other maps as well. However, this map's difficulty should be set to 'hard' lets say or at least give to all enemies a boost in army for example.

I will be paying attention to other maps this creator will make. He surely has potential.

Ayzofc (Denmark) writes:
30-08-2020 18:30

response - Cover of Darkness

There are some bottlenecks created for the computer (especially orange) to avoid their power spiraling out of control too early. So the taverns information will be somewhat deceptive in this regard, as orange over time will grow very powerful. Perhaps i expected players to take longer to progress through the map, but finding the keymasters in the editor obviously saves a lot of time travelling around the map trying to explore. That said, even if you knew where the keymasters were because you have played the map before, i would not want players to win the scenario before orange becomes a force to avoid. I spent a very long time creating it, and i dont want people to feel it's too easy.

My intention with the map is to have Tower being the "impossible&quo t; version and necropolis being the "expert" version of the map. Based on your feedback i have created some timed events for the map which prevents Vampire Lords from being obtained in the early game. I have also added more strength to orange, reduced the bottleneck for them somewhat, and fixed some minor issues with the map that i found upon replaying it a couple more times. I also made many restrictions to hero-availability based on color, so that the chance to recruit another opponents dead main hero in the tavern is drastically reduced, and in many cases completely impossible.

I would be happy to have you try out another version of the map at some point, and tell me if you think the difficulty has increased. Do you have any other suggestions that i could take into consideration?

Author: Arien, 20-08-2020 05:55 Like
Unique and very entertaining map - Cover of Darkness
I'm surprised no one has posted an opinion on this wonderful map yet.
It's very well thought out and the execution is flawless. It implements clever use of the Cover of Darkness and Observatory objects to keep your edge against you opponents, and strategical positioning of your forces. Aesthetics and power balancing are on point and the entire gameplay delivers hours of fun.
Definitely one of the best maps I've played this year, thank you Ayzofc!

Cover of Darkness walkthrough

MAP CONCEPT

Cover of Darkness- and Lookout Tower-objects are found all over both sides of the map. One-way teleporters take heroes all over the map, to quickly discover big areas with the Lookout Towers, only to have the vision taken away by opponents visiting the same areas and going through Cover of Darkness objects. Map vision will be greatly contested throughout the whole scenario. Try and remember where you've been, and which parts lead to where.

[1] No time limitation.

[2] Obtaining the Grail or defeating all enemies is the victory condition. Computer-only enemies have some of their starting towns completely isolated, with one-way teleporters leading to the player-areas of the map. As a consequence of this, it will not be possible to fully defeat all enemies, and therefore the grail is the only actual win condition possible.

[3] Multiple bordergates block the path to the single obelisk on the map which will reveal the grail location. Bordergates also play a big role in map expansion and getting access to new keymasters. Keymaster tents are located on both the underground and surface parts of the map.

[4] There is no gateway between the underground and surface parts of the map. As a result, if the player is defeated on either side of the map he will not be able to win the scenario.

[5] The only starting factions available to play are Necropolis and Tower. In an attempt to balance the two factions, Necropolis towns do not have Skeleton Transformer or Unearthed Graves buildings available. The Necromancy Amplifier will not be available in the early game, but will be automatically constructed later on.

[6] Slow, Haste, Summon Boat, Animate Dead and Ressurection spells are not found in starting towns.

[7] View Earth, View Air, Water Walk, Town Portal, Dimension Door and Fly are disabled completely.

[8] Multiple "ideal" heroes are banned.

CHANGELOG

First version of this map was released in July 2020

Second version released November 2020

- Additional nerfs to Necropolis towns: Necromancy Amplifiers are no longer available from the start of the game.
- Earth Tome can no longer spawn as a random artifact.
- Extensive restrictions on Hero availability based on chosen playercolor. This will make it extremely rare to find an enemy hero in the Tavern.
- Many events have been placed on the map which triggers for computer-only heroes, granting them either experience or primary stat bonuses.
- One-way teleporters have been adjusted to make it easier to arrive at key locations. Yellow, Pink and Blue one-way teleporters have been created to help with this.
- More creature dwellings have been placed for Orange opponent, making his army spiral in the late game to compensate for fewer Inferno towns on the map.
- Many cosmetic adjustments have been made to the map.
- Many minor tweaks, too numerous to mention.

================================
COVER OF DARKNESS - SPOILER TIPS
================================

THE OBELISK AND THE GRAIL

There is just one obelisk on the map. It is located on the SURFACE of the map, at the very southern tip of the map, in the center. You can get to the area of the obelisk by boat on the eastern side (use summon boat at the shore south of the 3 tower towns), or through White one-way teleporters randomly, or through the Blue one-way teleporters (50% chance). The final path to the Obelisk is guarded by Black Dragons and Rust Dragons (fought seperately), both ontop of Cursed Ground. You will need to have visitted all of the keymasters before you can reach the obelisk.

The grail itself is found within Orange (inferno) starting-area on the UNDERGROUND side of the map.

How to get to the Grail location:
Once you have visitted the obelisk, get to Blue starting-area on the underground side of the map (north-west). In the north-west corner of the map there is a Purple and a Brown bordergate. Enter here, and follow the short curly road until you get to the end where there is a Black Bordergate. You will be jumped by a legion of Magma Elementals first. Enter through and defeat the Rust Dragons guarding the Blue Two-way Teleporter. Enter the teleporter and defeat the Efreeti Sultans. On the other side of them there will be 4 quest-guards; one that allows Red player to enter, another allowing Blue player to enter, and so forth. All playable colors have a way to enter here, just use the right one. Now enter the Orange computers starting-area. At first you will need to defeat Ash either inside his town or outside before you can open up the quest-borderguard that requires that he has been defeated. Once you've entered through here, head left and fight the Anti-magic Garrison with Efreeti Sultans, Efreeti and Fire Elementals. After moving through here, run past the Inferno castles and continue east. Go past the Cover of Darkness on the cursed ground. Follow the small sand path past the Demon Gate creature dwelling and onto the green grass where there is a Dragon Cave creature dwelling. Consult your puzzle-map; it should be clear where to dig at this point. As you obtain the Grail head to the nearest castle to declare Victory. Note that Inferno castles will not accept your Grail so you may have to fight your way back to friendly territory first. If you retreat or surrender while carrying the Grail then all will be lost. Good luck.

KEYMASTERS

Tip: Hut of the Magi (located numerous places on the map) will reveal the locations of the first 5 out of 7 keymasters. If you have trouble the keymaster tents then try and find one of those huts first if you don't want to read too much into the spoilers.

[1] Light Blue
Found: Center of the SURFACE map, next to Dragon Utopia
Guarded by: 18 Black Dragons (stack does not grow over time)
Blocked by: Nothing
How to get to: Take the White one-way teleporters until you find one of the Yellow one-way teleporters. The Yellow teleports you to the island at the center where the Keymaster is. You can also land on the area randomly while using the white teleporters, but the yellow ones are garanteed to land there. Scroll of Summon Boat can also get you to the island. There are 2 scrolls of Summon Boat on the map; one is found at the center, at the monastery just a few yards west of the Keymaster, on the other side of the shore. The other Scroll of Summon Boat is found next to one of the Yellow teleporters, right next to a double mana spring.

[2] Green
Found: North-east of the UNDERGROUND side of the map. Inside a lava tunnel occupied by Orange opponent.
Guarded by: 36 Black Dragons (stack does not grow over time)
Blocked by: Light Blue borderguard (dissapears after first visit)
How to get to: Take the Green one-way teleporters until you find one of the Pink one-way teleporter entrances. This will teleport you to the Green Keymaster.
How to get out: Once you have visitted the Green keymaster, you head right up the tunnel, until you get to the top. There will be a Green one-way teleporter blocked by Light Blue and Green bordergate, which you would have visitted at this point. Once the blue borderguard has dissapeared and opened the path to the Green keymaster, Orange (inferno) will now soon be able to enter the player-areas of the underground map, so watch out.

[3] Red and Dark Blue
Found: Red keymaster is in the Blue player starting-area UNDERGROUND, at the north-west.
Found: Dark Blue keymaster is in the Red player starting-area UNDERGROUND, at the south-west.
Guarded by: Nothing significant.
Blocked by: Green bordergate
How to get to: Depending on which color you chose at the start of the game, the path to the keymasters will be somewhat different.

RED PLAYER: First you find the Dark Blue keymaster inside your own starting-area underground. Then you break open the Green borderguards in the center, allowing you to enter Green opponents starting-area. Fight your way through the east of the map, until you reach the Dark Blue bordergate. Kill the [monster 7] guard and enter the Red Two Way Portal. This takes you to the exact opposite side of the underground map, where you again will have to defeat [monster 7] to exit the Dark Blue bordergate there, which on this side opens to the North. Now you have entered Blue opponents starting-area where the Red keymaster is found. Just keep going north while within Blues starting-area. Once you find the Green bordergate there, the Red keymaster is on just the other side.

BLUE PLAYER: First you find the Red keymaster inside your own starting-area underground. Then you break open the Green borderguards in the center, allowing you to enter Tan opponents starting-area. Fight your way through the east of the map, until you reach the Red bordergate. Kill the [monster 7] guard and enter the Red Two Way Portal. This takes you to the exact opposite side of the underground map, where you again will have to defeat [monster 7] to exit the Red bordergate there, which one this side opens to the Sourth. Now you have entered Red opponents starting-area where the Dark Blue keymaster is found. Just keep going south while within Red opponents starting-area. Once you find the Green bordergate there, the Dark Blue keymaster is just on the other side.

TAN PLAYER: First you break open the Green borderguards in the center, allowing you to enter Blue opponents starting-area. Fight your way through the north-west side of the map, and try and move north as much as you can until you find the Green bordergate. Enter here to find the Red keymaster. Now head back to your own starting-area, and work your way east until you find the Red borderguard. Enter here and defeat the [monster 7] guard to enter the Red Two Way Portal. This takes you to the exact opposite side of the map, which on this side opens to the South. Now you have entered Red opponents starting-area, where the Dark Blue keymaster is found. Just keep going south while within Red opponents starting-area. Once you find the Green bordergate there, the Dark Blue keymaster is just on the other side.

GREEN PLAYER: First you break open the Green borderguards in the center, allowing you to enter Red opponents starting-area. Fight your way through the south-west side of the map, and try and move south as much as you can until you find the Green bordergate. Enter here to find the Dark Blue keymaster. Now head back to your own starting-area, and work your way east until you find the Dark Blue borderguard. Enter here and defeat the [monster 7] guard to enter the Red Two Way Portal. This takes you to the exact opposite side of the map, which on this side opens to the North. Now you have entered Blue opponents starting-area, where the Red keymaster is found. Just keep going north while within Blue opponents starting-area. Once you find the Green bordergate there, the Red keymaster is just on the other side.

[4] Brown
Found: North-west of the map, on the SURFACE
Guarded by: 66 Haspids (stack does not grow over time)
Blocked by: Light Blue, Red and Dark Blue bordergates.
How to get to: There are 3 White Two-Way Sea Portals on the map. One is nearby the brown keymaster area, and the 2 others are "ways to get there" basically. You can choose either option A) Get to the Blue keymaster tent, visit the Shrine of Magic right next to it in order to learn "Summon Boat", then cast Summon Boat on the eastern-side of this island to find the Two Way sea portal not far from there in the water. Option B) Cast Summon Boat from the north-east top of the Red starting area (where the lighthouse is), in the water just a few yards from here is the portal. Another way to get to the same location is to cast Summon Boat at the shore near the "War Machine Factory" object within Blues starting area. Tan and Green players will probably find it easier to use option A.

[5] Purple
Found: North-east of the map, on the SURFACE
Guarded by: Mighty Gorgons (stack grows over time)
Blocked by: Brown bordergate.
How to get to: There are multiple ways to get up there.
A) Use random white one-way teleporter entrances until you get to the northern part of the map. You will be in the correct area if there is a "Warehouse of Mercury" object to the west just as you exit the teleporter, and a Shrine of Magic just to the right. There is open space for ships to take shore here, so you could also get to this area by boat. Follow the path north-east, and breach through the Light Blue borderguard if it is still up. There is a Nix group just on the other side; defeat them and head north. Follow the path up there, it will lead to the Purple keymaster.
B) Blue starting area, keep going north and pass through the Dark Blue bordergate. The nix group is just on the other side; defeat them and head north. Follow the path up there, it will lead to the Purple keymaster.
C) Tan starting area, keep going north and pass through the Red bordergate. On the other side is a new Necropolis town. Pass this town and keep going north until you reach an area with a pyramid on the beach. Keep going north here and pass through the next Red bordergate. Continue this path until you reach the Nix warriors; defeath them and head north. Follow the path up there, it will lead to the Purple keymaster.

[6] Black
Found: UNDERGROUND on other side of Turquoise one-way entrance.
Guarded by: Black Dragons (stack grows over time)
Blocked by: Purple bordergate.
How to get to: The Turquoise one-way entrance is found in the center of the map underground (slighly south) ontop of Evil Fog. In between Red player starting-area and Blue player starting-area. At the point in the game that you will need to get to the Black bordergate, Blue player and Tan player would have similar access to this, as they would be able to pass through the Purple and Brown bordergates connecting the 4 starting towns underground.
How to get out: Green one-way entrance is found nearby the keymaster.

Heroes 3: Horn of the Abyss 1.6.1 - Download Section

Heroes 7 News

Heroes 3 map: "Atlantic Revolutions"

Heroes 3 New map: "1797:Northern Italy campaign"

Heroes 7 maps

Heroes 7 patch 2.2 now available

Heroes 7 Creatures Fortress

Heroes 7 patch 1.8 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.7 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.6 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.5 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.4 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.3 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.2.1 now available

Heroes 7 cheats

Heroes 7 available!!! - Launch Trailer

Heroes 7 - closed beta 2 now available!

Heroes 7 screenshots

Heroes 7 Elves faction

Heroes 7 Dwarves faction

Heroes 7 Academy faction

Heroes 7 Haven faction

Heroes 7 release date: 29 September 2015

Haps4Heroes.com

How can I support maps4heroes.com ?

YooMoney:

Copyright © 1999-2024 All questions and comments please mail to evgkuz@yandex.ru

Privacy Policy