Author: Valeri , 29-04-2024 09:44

Quest Gate - Vagabonds - Heroes 3 map

Go straight south and don't flag the mine and warehouse of mercury. There is a quest gate that will only let you pass and you will be safe from Bernard. more...

Author: N , 29-04-2024 09:25

I'm stock at the begingn - Vagabonds - Heroes 3 map

I'm stuck at the beginning, how to solve the first quest. I try to run away from Bernard, but I don't understand where.. he catches me as soon as his path is blocked after 2-3 turns more...

Author: Heroes 3 Guy (United States), 29-04-2024 04:27

The Devil Beneath You - Heroes 3 map

Hey there! Thanks for playing my map! Figuring out how to defeat the blue player can be tricky! Let me know how your next playthrough goes! Best of luck! more...

Author: 32167 , 29-04-2024 01:58

:) - The Devil Beneath You - Heroes 3 map

My first attempts was met with failure... Although I was able to capture the blue player’s castle and its surroundings.
I got the idea at the start and the main timelines. I’m gonna try to replay this map next weekend with all due seriousness.
more...

Author: Максим (Moscow), 29-04-2024 00:47

Your opinions about Архипелаг Энрот (Archipelago Enroth) - Архипелаг Энрот (Archipelago Enroth) - Heroes 3 map

Спасибо, мне понравилось. more...

Author: ZoleS (Magyarország), 29-04-2024 00:40

Industrialization of Degoth - Masters of Degoth - Heroes 3 map

...under contstruction... more...

Author: Abazaba (United States), 28-04-2024 23:48

wood - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

Yep! Thanks! more...

Author: Sulim81 (Poland), 28-04-2024 23:06

:) - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

Thanks, I thought it is poor result as I am not speedrunner. Actually it was 4th week of 19 months, so almost 20 :) more...

Author: Nebel 74 (CZ), 28-04-2024 23:04

Ring of Conjuring - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

Next to the harbor (requiring Necklace of Ocean Guidance), there are three fake Mansions, you have to enter them, then you will get the Ring of Conjuring. more...

Author: Nebel 74 (CZ), 28-04-2024 22:58

:) - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

Well, it's a great time, for the fact that you don't know the map. I played it 3 times and my best time was 20 months.
I'm glad to hear that everything is set up ok, of course I'd like to make more complex maps, but this one was supposed to be fun and not elaborate and flustered
more...

Author: Nebel 74 (CZ), 28-04-2024 22:52

wood - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

You have to enter the Watering Hole, reach the end, and then continue across the water to the island. more...

Author: Crushlord , 28-04-2024 22:48

Agree - The Great Canyon - Heroes 5 map

Game felt down after 2nd week and no chance to load saved games more...

Author: Abazaba (United States), 28-04-2024 21:29

10 wood - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

I feel dumb. I can see the 10th piece of wood for the boat, but I can't figure out the trick to get there. Unless red herring...? more...

Author: Sasha (Canada), 28-04-2024 21:25

Ring of conjuring - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

To be more specific, I need ring of conjuring to assemble ring of the magi. more...

Subscribe to our Telegram Channel "maps4heroes.com" to be the first to receive NEW Maps and News for Heroes of Might & Magic 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2!

How can I support maps4heroes.com ?

YooMoney:
Login / Register on Maps4Heroes.com
Heroes 7 (VII) - Maps Heroes 6 (VI) - Maps Heroes 5 (V) - Maps Heroes 4 (IV) - Maps Heroes 3 (III) - Maps Heroes 2 (II) - Maps

Subscribe to our Telegram Channel "maps4heroes.com" to be the first to receive NEW Maps and News for Heroes of Might & Magic 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2!

Heroes3 - Your opinions about Leena & Warfarer II - map rating = 4 Likes

Title:
Type your opinion in the space below:
Your name:
E-mail:

Your vote:
City, Country:
Attach the picture: (Gif, Jpeg)
Download map Leena & Warfarer II - heroes 3 mapsDownload map Leena & Warfarer II - heroes 3 maps

Download map -> Leena & Warfarer II

Heroes 3: Horn of the Abyss

Sequel adventure in the fight against Evil.
Is Soros defeated? Or was he just a marionette?
And who is his master ?

Important: Leena and Warfarer must survive till the end !!!

Added: 26-04-2021

Heroes 3 maps: Возвращение домой | Мочилово | Earth Center | Sand O'Khan

Author: Ryan, 18-09-2023 07:29
Fairly easy - Leena & Warfarer II
Map became easy after the halfway mark. Heroes have a ton of mana so lots of resurrections loops will be used. The most challenging and fun parts occur on the world map itself rather than the battles. All in all the map is a cakewalk compared to Portishead (same map maker) but very fun all the same.

Author: Noa, 25-01-2023 02:26 Like
Seers' huts in the 4 islands - Leena & Warfarer II
Hi!
Great map!
I don't manage to enter the seer's huts in the 4 islands.

It seems passable in the editor map, but nothing works. I tried with waterwalk too.

sphinxx writes:
25-01-2023 22:02

:) - Leena & Warfarer II

summon a boat

Author: Woodrow Rempe (Maastricht), 26-10-2022 19:59
Hi! - Leena & Warfarer II
Hello!

Author: Sulim81 (Poland), 05-07-2022 13:31
Gratz - Leena & Warfarer II
Great map, I have played all you had created. Do not stop please, you are the best map creator in community.

Author: sphinxx, 03-07-2022 14:20
walkthrough - Leena & Warfarer II
here is a walkthrough of this map

https://youtu.be/2mtHFfC9v6g

Author: Vietnv, 06-06-2022 04:41
- Leena & Warfarer II
My wayfather is at the starting point. I couldn't find the way, so I thought the wayfather had to wait for Leena to come to the rescue. I'm wrong.

Author: Vietnv, 06-06-2022 04:40
Leena&Wayfarer - Leena & Warfarer II
wayfather của tôi đang ở điểm xuất phát. Tôi không tìm được đường đi, nên tôi nghĩ rằng wayfather phải chờ Leena đến giải cứu. Tôi đã sai.
Leena&Wayfarer - Leena & Warfarer II

Darkness (VN) writes:
25-11-2023 11:52

Check road (lef) - Leena & Warfarer II

Hidden passage on the right

Check road (lef) - Leena & Warfarer II

Author: Nebel 74 (CZ), 05-06-2022 21:48
L&W - Leena & Warfarer II
... aha so that's the problem the map has to complete both heroes together ... and where are you stuck?
Ideally send a screenshot

Author: Vietnv, 05-06-2022 21:36
Help me. - Leena & Warfarer II
i was thinking about that too, but haven't found a way to bring the wayfather home. can you help me?

Author: Nebel 74 (CZ), 05-06-2022 20:59
You have to take both heroes each through your portal and then open the way once up and once down ...

Author: Vietnv, 05-06-2022 04:22
Help me - Leena & Warfarer II
Please help me! I don't know how to get through this area.
Help me - Leena & Warfarer II

Nebel 74 (CZ) writes:
06-06-2022 09:34

That's wrong Warfarer was supposed to meet Leena at the moment ...
Behind you is a hidden path up between the volcanoes ... at the end you will find the magic water walk, you have to cross the frozen lake by gradually opening the map, then you go underground where the gate is Dark blue, Dark Blue Tent you will find behind the volcano on the right is hidden but there. When you get to the first castle, call Leena, you should have a TP and solve all the tasks ...

Vietnv writes:
06-06-2022 10:21

- Leena & Warfarer II

Cảm ơn bạn rất nhiều! Thật khó khăn nhưng cũng rất lôi cuốn và thú vị. Tôi đang cố tìm đường ra hoặc TP ở chỗ này.

- Leena & Warfarer II

Vietnv writes:
06-06-2022 10:22

- Leena & Warfarer II

Thank you very much! It was difficult but also very engaging and interesting. I'm trying to find my way out or TP here.

Nebel 74 (CZ) writes:
06-06-2022 10:34

You Tube - Leena & Warfarer II

So, there are a lot of quests. Look at You Tube. Homam III - Leena a Warfare 2

Vietnv writes:
06-06-2022 10:39

- Leena & Warfarer II

Thanks!

Author: The_worst_Heroes3_player, 23-03-2022 21:00
Done. - Leena & Warfarer II
20 months for this one. Struggled with the pirate enemy, and with the 4 islands. Warfarer had to come rescue Leena from the pirates, and from there it was fairly easy (but my army was also a bit bigger). Also really struggled to get warfarer to his first castle - beating the efreet and devils, I lost about all my troops there (but in the long run do not think it would have made a huge difference).

Love my AB+angel combo. ABs just pack such a massive punch in maps like these!

Author: Ferdinand2 (Munich), 10-12-2021 21:18 Like
no entrance to the labyrinth? - Leena & Warfarer II
Unfortunately, there is no entrance to the labyrinth. The faerie dragons are waiting at EVERY aisle. Can you please post me a screenshot of how to do this? Maybe you made a mistake in the map? Still a great map :)
no entrance to the labyrinth? - Leena & Warfarer II

Ferdinand2 (Munich) writes:
10-12-2021 21:28

I did it ! YESSS :) - Leena & Warfarer II

Sorry for posting too fast. I did it, yay. :) But it felt a bit different, like you told. Sometimes the attacks came earlier than expected.

Nebel 74 (CZ) writes:
11-12-2021 03:16

LW - Leena & Warfarer II

So I'm glad that at least the other party doesn't go with a water walk :)

Noa writes:
28-01-2023 13:38

How did you pass this? - Leena & Warfarer II

Waterwalk doesn't seem to help, and there are fairy dragons everywhere...

Nebel 74 (CZ) writes:
28-01-2023 16:47

Flowers - Leena & Warfarer II

It's a puzzle, look at the flowers above ... from left to right they indicate the direction you should go, always turn to the next one in order ...

Author: Ferdinand2 (Munich), 09-12-2021 21:19 Like
lol - Leena & Warfarer II
forget it, waterwalk is the key ^^ hahahahah, I wasted 30 minutes ^^

Author: Ferdinand2 (Munich), 09-12-2021 21:17 Like
Plant riddle - Leena & Warfarer II
Of course I shouldn't fight against 70,000 fairie dragons, should I? I thought the order of the plants was one solution to the puzzle. So first sail to the red bush, then to the palm ... But it does not work ^^ I do not get it. Help please :)
Plant riddle - Leena & Warfarer II

Nebel 74 (CZ) writes:
09-12-2021 21:52

Plants Puzzle - Leena & Warfarer II

You are probably the first to solve this puzzle, so you are almost right ... the flowers above determine the direction to go by sea. Just you must never reach the plant but turn in the direction of the next plant (above in the help) and go to it, guard the next plant and change the direction at the right time if you do it correctly you will cross the entire route without a fight ...

Nebel 74 (CZ) writes:
09-12-2021 21:54

Nooooo .... - Leena & Warfarer II

No water walk is not key ??!!! It is possible by water walk ?

09-12-2021 22:04

yes - Leena & Warfarer II

yes, sorry ^^

yes - Leena & Warfarer II

Nebel 74 (CZ) writes:
09-12-2021 22:38

Hmmm :) - Leena & Warfarer II

Hmmm, but the way forward doesn't work because the whole map isn't open and you don't see the position for landing ???

10-12-2021 13:28

of course, it does work forward, because Leena can help with the Redwood Observatory. ^^

Author: Ferdinand2 (Munich), 07-12-2021 23:45 Like
Alex Soros - Leena & Warfarer II
Hey :) Please, where is the starting point to the way to Alex Soros? Hopefully, I do not need a boat, because I already sold the admirals hat for the town portal.

Nebel 74 (CZ) writes:
08-12-2021 16:00

LW - Leena & Warfarer II

Hi. the starting point is below the purple player. There are two portals for each hero separately. Then they will have to work together to get to the other side. You won't need Admiral Hat ...
Kill them, Soros and Gates, they're shameful bastards :)

Author: Event66 (Екатеринбург), 15-11-2021 15:27
Leena & Warfarer II - Leena & Warfarer II
Прошел сначала первую часть, потом вторую. Понравились обе части. Вторая интереснее за счет того, что нужно проходить одновременно двумя героями. Мне нравится такая концепция игры, когда нужно проходить поэтапно разные локации.
Бои в меру сложные, но в основном проходил с первых двух-трех попыток. В оригинальной карте Warfarer было намного сложнее. Финальные боссы оказались легкими.
Не понял, как найти безопасный путь на лодке к замкам нежити. Пришлось пользоваться редактором для ускорения процесса.
Рекомендую эту карту для прохождения. По сложности 6/10. По интересу прохождения 9/10. (Поставил бы 10/10 за прохождение, если бы было побольше квестов и загадок)

Author: wasilix, 11-07-2021 21:17 Like
Feedback - Leena & Warfarer II
Hi there!

Finished this map in just over 11 months. I finished first part a few days ago, and it may skew my review a bit, because these maps are quite similar. Having said that, this review is going to be a bit more on the complaint side than comparing to the part 1.

1. 2 heroes, each with their own path, which is great.

2. Sneaking-to-red idea is great, but maybe it's worth making red actually unbeatable there in the beginning, because I killed both heroes wandering near the conflux town with the only trouble of having to leave the fight on autocombat for half an hour, as a result I didn't have to sneak by anyone but Rion, who was way too weak for the phase of the game when I dealt with Bill Gates.

3. Puzzles. I understand why people are giving you hard time on your love for waterwalk-over-what-doesnt-look-like-wat er puzzles. It didn't bother me only because I play with map editor open and just remove all fake ground. My suggestion would be not to mix fake ground with this sort of puzzles. Having fake ground cover a single path could be fine, but solving a puzzle completely covered with it, is just annoying at the very least. The good news is that the puzzle itself is still there if you remove the fake ground, but it saves a lot of time wasted on checking wrong directions (you can see where you can land until you move close enough to be able to reach within 1 turn with waterwalk). Definitely makes for a more satisfying solve, in my opinion.

4. Opponent strengths. I have mixed impressions after the map. There were some difficult fights (Iona was extremely difficult partly because I didn't yet get the chance to join forces). Other fights before the forces are joined, also seemed pretty tough at glance, but aren't as hard to win. After joining the forces, fights became extremely easy.

Overall I'd say, that stationary heroes were easier than ones wandering across a territory with castles both in terms of army and magic. It seemed that not a single stationary enemy had any useful spells, while those in towns were able to build and research some quite useful to make fights harder.

Fights though are quite similar. Adding some variety of artifacts and/or spells to enemies would make the map more compelling. The biggest downside is probably, that (almost?) every fight can be won with blind/res.

5. I liked the map layout, and some ideas are also cool (like 4 heroes on
4 islands). Leena going through gates 1 by 1 is also pretty cool.

6. Some people already asked you to remove RNG factors from your maps, and I'll echo them. I personally like fights being sort of a puzzle, where once you know the solution, you can replicate it. Introduction of morale and other RNG factors can screw that over. It is obviously impossible to get rid off them completely, but my usual request is to give spirit of oppression to at least not have to deal the biggest RNG factor. FYI I played your 1st map with it, because it is enabled there, and I find it much more enjoyable that way :)

7. Complicated logistics. It's hard to move forward without reinforcements for too long, because enemy armies grow pretty rapidly over the progression. It results in the need to come back and forth over and over again. Being an impatient man, I'd love to have at least 2 more heroes to help with reinforcements each of main heroes. It would allow playing with some resemblence of tempo which is something I actually find appealing in h3: planning movements of your heroes to maximize its impact and ultimately result in faster completion times.

Overall, I'd say that this map has some great ideas and it's a good fit for someone who doesn't look for wide variety of straregies required to win fights, doesn't mind spending some time going for reinforcements and willing to spend time solving fake-water puzzles (I'd recommend using editor to make them more tolerable).

Cheers!

Nebel 74 (CZ) writes:
11-07-2021 22:13

LW2 - Leena & Warfarer II

Hi,

thanks for the feedback.

1. This idea occurred to me the moment I wanted to do a sequel and give both heroes strong roles. Of course, it shortens the playing of the map, but I also liked it in the end.

2. I'm glad you finally liked this "quest". Maybe I should have given some help in front of his territory because more players didn't know what to do there, but OK. Red opponents seemed strong enough for me to be dared to start at the beginning but it can be seen that experienced players dealt with them right away :) I did a similar "Quest" in the last map but there are really invincible at the beginning :) Perhaps :)

3. Yes, exactly as you write, people don't really love these puzzles (there are a few exceptions, but most are frustrated). And that gave me so much work and I thought how people will love them :))))
The idea you are writing about how to keep this puzzle tip and make it playable is great, I store it in my memory and hopefully use it in the future. If you have another tip, maybe an original puzzle or anything I like to use it (of course, if you don't mind) :)

4. Yes, the opponents are really easy to play here, I was so frustrated with LW1 where someone kept writing to me that this and that opponent is very strong and because of that the map can not be completed that I was very relieved here.

5. Ok

6. I'm sorry here but I'm not sure if I know what RMG and FYI are?
You can explain it a little more thx

7. Yes, I admit here that the movements on this map were sometimes lengthy and help would be useful. There are also only two hinoes in the third map, but I think that the moment you get TP in time, there is no need for more because jumping through cities with the main or auxiliary will come out the same ... Of course, in the case of logistics on the ground, help is good. Which would be good here.

THX Cheers!

wasilix writes:
12-07-2021 06:50

RNG and FYI, opponent strength - Leena & Warfarer II

RNG (Random Number Generator) is a common term for randomness in games. There are few sources of randomness in h3:

1. Morale
2. Azure dragons fear
3. Magic mirror (Fairie dragons)
4. Master Genie spellcasting
5. Luck (albeit much less impactful than morale, it's still random)
6. Resistance skill (aside of levelled up Thorgrim who has 100% resist)

In my experience, the most annoying ones are morale and resistance, which sometimes force you into suboptimal solutions just because the optimal one/ones has unfavorable morale or resistance rolls.

People sometimes also cite Azures and Fairies as RNG sources to be avoided, however I don't agree with them on that point. Azure and Fairie dragons are iconic units that it would be shame to be rid of off, and there are some tricks that eliminate impact of fear in some cases, for example. As for other cases and Fairie dragons in general, I'd prefer to live with them as they are, because they add more depth into the game. Some time in the past, I was forced into finding a way to mitigate RNG impact of azures and managed to find it. Maybe there are more tricks to find yet :)

FYI means "For your information".

In regards to strength of opponents, I think I understand now. It seems that you may be guessing the estimate that could be beaten by a player at that point in game without actually having in mind a specific strategy that could be used to win despite of the overwhelming odds. I have practically no experience in map making, so it's just a guess, but perhaps if you had such strategy for each strong enemy, it may make balancing them easier. Although fine-tuning them like you did in the 1st part is also an option.

wasilix writes:
12-07-2021 10:59

More on strength - Leena & Warfarer II

It is sometimes tempting to lower strength of enemies when someone claims that they are too strong/impossible to beat, but I'd urge not to do any such thing at least not before testing it yourself or with help of someone else. I can't count how many times have I thought, that the fight in front of me was impossible, and ended up winning it handily afterwards. This game holds endless potential to improvement, which is why it's loved by so many people, admittedly it's often possible because of derpy AI, but if AI behaviour is predictable, then it's fine by me. And it often is quite predictable.

The bottomline is that one can often win a fight at much more daunting odds than they believe to be able to in h3. And that's awesome, so better give them that opportunity. Although it's annoying personally to me when strategy is the same in multiple fights, for me personally the more variety the better :)

Cheers!

Nebel 74 (CZ) writes:
12-07-2021 21:31

THX - Leena & Warfarer II

Thank you for the explanation, it is more clear to me.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with these things so that I can implement them perfectly on maps. I openly admit that this is my weakness and I still miss a lot of details. When I create a map and an opponent, his strength, which I give him at the beginning I estimate and then I play the map and then I use the given save to test the opponent with the abilities and army that I was able to assemble to the place. Then I fix it, I add spells to an army of artifacts and I try to make it strong, but at the same time I was able to defeat it myself. Given that I consider myself a rather average player, I assume that if I can do it, so will the others. But I'm learning and with each map it seems to me that it's better and more interesting. But I say I still have something to learn.

Thanks again for the explanation ...

Author: Soned (Kirov), 11-07-2021 13:19
Прошу третью Вашу карту.Она полегче,чем паучиха,но тоже очень хорошая.Все три карты пройдены,жду следующих шедевров от Вас.Спасибо за труд!

Nebel 74 (CZ) writes:
11-07-2021 13:39

Отличная работа !!! - Leena & Warfarer II

Отличная работа ... вы, вероятно, первый, кто полностью завершил все карты (то есть кто написал) ... спасибо за игру, и я с нетерпением жду встречи с вами в следующий раз :)

Author: wasilix, 10-07-2021 21:48 Like
Red conflux is supposed to be avoided or killed? - Leena & Warfarer II
Hi there!

Started this map, and curious if Leena is supposed to beat Red conflux in the very beginning. Asking this because area layout suggests dodging red heroes and winning them even though isn't difficult, is quite arduous and awkward.

Nebel 74 (CZ) writes:
10-07-2021 23:08

LW II - Leena & Warfarer II

Hi, not at the beginning there is no need to conquer Red, at the end there are Dragons and Brown Tent you need to solve then you go to the area behind the jungle below. Reds need to be killed to the end of the map.
Warfarer proceeds in parallel with Leena along his route ... below in opinion are pictures where you will find the Captain's Hat. It is located relatively unhappily and cannot be found well. I posted an update where it won't be hidden so look it's important to find it right away. And there is also a picture where you can find Brown Tent (Leena) but you will probably find it easily.

I'm gone for the weekend but I still have to look at the "clock" with LW 1 ... when I get to the computer I'll write :)

If you hesitate somewhere, write this map is similar to the first one, you need to search for everything, there are hidden artifacts and spells. But it's definitely not that hard.

Author: Monroe (Czechia), 29-06-2021 05:16
Great moments, but also plenty of frustrating ones - Leena & Warfarer II
There are some great moments of creativity in this map, but unfortunately it falls short with some utterly unnecessary and frustrating headaches, which also repeat quite often.
I never liked pixel-peeping maps, and unfortunately this one sacrifices what could have been great gameplay for hours of searching for the right square to click.
With the risk of sounding like an ungrateful twat - I humbly suggest the author to look into what actually makes a great puzzle or challenge in a game.
There are rules to this that can be easily implemented, that will help achieve a much better experience (look up GMTK on youtube, for example).
Challenging fights that you win without losses make you feel clever.
Solving a riddle makes you feel clever.
Methodically moving your mouse across the screen until it changes into a different cursor make for an incredibly boring and tedious gameplay, if you can even call it that, and you just left knowing you'll never get those minutes of your life back.
Useful artifacts are hidden in this map, with no way for you to know they even exist unless you happen to hover over them by accident.
I wasted so much time not knowing the Admiral's Hat exists, and didn't get the Boots of Speed till 90% of the map was done, even though you're supposed to just easily get both of those quite early - and what for? What was gained? There were no clues given that would lead you in towards a solution, and you wouldn't even know there's anything to solve.
The point of all this is not to bum out the map creator, who clearly put a lot of time into this, but to encourage him to make better maps, as clearly he has some very creative ideas and I'd be happy to play any other maps he makes in the future, that don't involve hours of zombified mouse-hovering over a grid.
With this said, I do want to thank the creator, as I did enjoy many of the battles and some clever moments throughout the map, and these were very much appreciated.

Nebel 74 (CZ) writes:
29-06-2021 15:19

feedback - Leena & Warfarer II

Thank you for your feedback, some praise and factual criticism.
There are maps where you have a full slot of heroes, twice a game full bag of artifacts and with each step you open something you collect or use quickcombat. Personally, I don't need such maps, I prefer to dedicate my game time to finding the right path, or a hidden artifact and solving puzzles. For all and unfortunately there are not many Wayfarer.
And that's why the map is as it is.
In a little more detail, you write there is no help, eg Admirals Hat (see picture) ... then I can put the hat directly on the path, fold all the artifacts and put the hero straight into the slot, as well as spells, make a direct path where you don't have to figure out that you have to scuttle boat etc ...
Then I can make a map with one click in Auto Maps and everything will be simple, clear and after finishing you will feel that you managed it very easily. But that's not what this unique strategy game is about, it's about challenges and finding solutions and ingenuity ... and if it's still possible at all about new situations and strategy in the game plan. So I see it personally .. thanks again for the feedback ...

feedback - Leena & Warfarer II

Monroe (Czechia) writes:
29-06-2021 16:23

Thanks for the reply and kudos on taking the critique in good spirit :)
To your points - I think it's easy to sum up my idea here:
Notice how you call HOMM a "unique strategy game" - and ask yourself - how much *strategy* is involved in moving the mouse on every square of the map one by one?
There is a difference between coming up with a clever solution, and tedious busywork to get from A to B. (btw, the scuttle boat was quite an interesting one, because it actually required figuring something out)
Just because something is a challenge - doesn't automatically make it good. Laying a 1000 bricks one on top of the other is a challenge, sure, but is this a clever/fun/interesting task that I enjoy spending my time on?
Yes, you mention Admiral's Hat on the sign, I saw it, but to find it - you need to go over with your mouse on every single tile until you finally click it. It's not a "strategic/ingenious solution" if you can give this task to a bot.
And the Boots of Speed aren't mentioned at all, till you get to the sign that says "You should have had those for a long time", and even then you still have no idea where would they even be.
"Invisible water tiles" are a curious challenge the first time you see it (and this map certainly isn't the first to utilize it, so you already know the trick anyway), but on your map, when you do it for the 1000th time - it just creates frustration. You already know the solution, you don't have to think about anything, or utilize "ingenuity", you just need to hover with the mouse long enough.
Or another example, the navigation path to Bill Gates, where you keep running into unwinnable fights every time - is there something to solve? Because no clues are given, about making the right decision, as far as I could tell.
You can only try one step at a time, one by one, and see if this is the square the map wanted you to click. And there's 2 of those navigation "challenges", entirely identical!
Compare that to the riddle of the fire path earlier in the game, where if a player actually thinks about a solution - they WILL find the right answer. You give the player the *tools* to understand what the right solution is. Even thought it's an easy challenge - it's fundamentally different to the other examples I was mentioning.
If you're interested, I can recommend taking a look at this video, that talks about some of these ideas more methodically: https://youtu.be/zsjC6fa_YBg

Nebel 74 (CZ) writes:
29-06-2021 17:20

Yes, I admit that Boots of Speed, no help was used, however, they were placed in a small space with basic artifacts and spells. So I assumed that finding them would not be difficult. I try to use every space on the map and place something important in it, so it is important to see every place on this map.
The riddle with the path to Soros is, of course, not accidental and there is also help for it, the direction of the correct path is indicated by plants that are planted above the water and on land in a certain order. Help (sign) draws attention to these plants. Then all you have to do is sail to the first plant and always turn to the next one (according to the plants on the mainland, from left to right).
Yes, sometimes it is necessary to move the cursor on the area for a while on this and other maps of this type and look for a path, an artifact.
From my point of view, just as (unnecessary) as in other maps collecting things you don't need or can be delivered in one go.
... and in the end it's just a game :)

Monroe (Czechia) writes:
29-06-2021 17:41

Oh! Not sure how, but I completely missed the sign about the plants - this makes much more sense now! I take back the bit about it - this was completely my miss.
And yeah, it's just a game
- I'm only taking the time to go into this, because I would absolutely love to play more maps made by you
- there were some very fun and creative moments and challenges in the map, I just wish there was less tedious stuff between them.
You don't have to agree with everything, obviously, you're the map-maker in the end and you do what you like doing, but maybe this critique can be of some small inspiration when you invent new challenges in the future :) Cheers, and thanks again for the map!

Nebel 74 (CZ) writes:
29-06-2021 17:57

Cool. Now I have introduced a new map, but it is in a similar spirit as this one, but maybe there will not be so much unnecessary search for pixels, but there are some :) Anyway, I try to respond quickly to questions and if someone stuck I send a solution. And I also implemented more guides (help) for what the player should do in each area. So if you want to try, you know my thought processes and if you don't know, feel free to write better than to frustrate unnecessarily. See you later ...

Author: Monroe (Czechia), 27-06-2021 16:39
Stuck - help please - Leena & Warfarer II
How am I supposed to get to Darkstorn?
I can't sail there, I can't waterwalk there with either hero. I even opened up the map in the editor to see if I missing something and this appears to be the only "passable" part, but nothing's working.
Thanks in advance.
Stuck - help please - Leena & Warfarer II

Monroe (Czechia) writes:
27-06-2021 17:38

Update:solved - Leena & Warfarer II

Nevermind, just as i posted this I realized I need to scuttle the boat to be able to waterwalk there.

Nebel 74 (CZ) writes:
27-06-2021 17:46

Nice - Leena & Warfarer II

Ano spravne reseni :)

Author: bigcitymama (greece), 09-06-2021 17:38
a real pleasure. - Leena & Warfarer II
i dont think i ever played for so long on a map (19 months 3 weeks).
althought never got bored,every battle was a single expirience.
town portal came at the right moment.
at final battles i was at 89/87/99/88 with redicilusly less army and was seeing just cursed ground ,so i had my doubts!
i loved the passage with 2 heroes collaboration,a tribute to LOTR...
the map looks more than tested it looks educated.
a big 10 from me and to the next!

bigcitymama (greece) writes:
09-06-2021 17:42

forgot - Leena & Warfarer II

between the 4 heroes in the 4 islands i had to fight the 1st for last cause of expert interfeerence he got by random 2ndery skills.
and the toughfest of all was sir mullich(my favourite hero and favourite race) thank god humans units are underbuffed.

Nebel 74 (CZ) writes:
09-06-2021 23:26

sphinxx - Leena & Warfarer II

thanks for the rating, I'm glad you liked the map ... the map was tested and revised by sphinxx, so many thanks go to him too ....

Author: bigcitymama (greece), 09-06-2021 17:28
fascinating map - Leena & Warfarer II
new ideas , thriling battles , am i going to make it?
going for orb of vulnerability right now
and i was wondering if theres any chance for bersek at all?

Author: bigcitymama (greece), 07-06-2021 18:03
fascinating map - Leena & Warfarer II
new ideas , thriling battles , am i going to make it?
going for orb of vulnerability right now
and i was wondering if theres any chance for bersek at all?

Nebel 74 (CZ) writes:
07-06-2021 20:09

Berserk - Leena & Warfarer II

Berserk is not available on this map ... it would be very easy ... you will definitely be able to do it with Orb of Vulnerability and other spells ... thanks for the feedback

Author: Sasha (Canada), 12-05-2021 03:11
Talented mapmaker - Leena & Warfarer II
Thanks for the map. You appear to be talented map maker. In my opinion, this map needs to be more appealing to the eye with a bit more details to be great map. Overall grade 7 from me. Thanks

Nebel 74 (CZ) writes:
12-05-2021 14:37

Hi Sasha, thank you for the feedback and rating. It's always very helpful to know what players think about the map. I will work more on the details to make the map more attractive. Thank you once again...

Author: Peter (Hungary), 28-04-2021 21:47
stuck - Leena & Warfarer II
Hi!
Sorry, I need help. I just defeated the 4 heroes on the 4 islands, and passed through the 4 border guards on the swamp island. I think I should waterwalk to the haspids, but I cannot. Maybe I should do something else?
stuck - Leena & Warfarer II

Nebel 74 (CZ) writes:
28-04-2021 22:10

Admirals hat - Leena & Warfarer II

Hi Peter, you definitely didn't find Admirals Hat :)?
Look at the picture ... and you have 4 artifacts and 4 spells? ... and, Bonus? it's up there get in the boat ... you're a very good player if you did it without everything :)
... write if you didn't know ... THX for playing ...

Admirals hat - Leena & Warfarer II

Peter (Hungary) writes:
29-04-2021 11:02

thx - Leena & Warfarer II

Thank you very much for your help...and for creating maps :)

Author: Adam (Poland), 28-04-2021 13:52 Like
Brown tent - Leena & Warfarer II
Where can I find brown tent?

Nebel 74 (CZ) writes:
28-04-2021 14:30

Brown Tent - Leena & Warfarer II

Hi Adam at the pictures

Brown Tent - Leena & Warfarer II

Adam (Poland) writes:
28-04-2021 14:50

Brown tent - Leena & Warfarer II

Adam (Poland) writes:
04-05-2021 19:45

Dark Blue Tent - Leena & Warfarer II

I've problem with Dark Blue Tent:-)

Nebel 74 (CZ) writes:
04-05-2021 20:05

Dark Blue Tent :)

Heroes 3: Horn of the Abyss 1.6.1 - Download Section

Heroes 7 News

Heroes 3 map: "Atlantic Revolutions"

Heroes 3 New map: "1797:Northern Italy campaign"

Heroes 7 maps

Heroes 7 patch 2.2 now available

Heroes 7 Creatures Fortress

Heroes 7 patch 1.8 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.7 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.6 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.5 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.4 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.3 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.2.1 now available

Heroes 7 cheats

Heroes 7 available!!! - Launch Trailer

Heroes 7 - closed beta 2 now available!

Heroes 7 screenshots

Heroes 7 Elves faction

Heroes 7 Dwarves faction

Heroes 7 Academy faction

Heroes 7 Haven faction

Heroes 7 release date: 29 September 2015

Haps4Heroes.com

How can I support maps4heroes.com ?

YooMoney:

Copyright © 1999-2024 All questions and comments please mail to evgkuz@yandex.ru

Privacy Policy