Author: 32167 , 05-05-2024 13:08

:) - Battlejuice 2 Delirium furens - Heroes 3 map

The map with the corrected error has been uploaded to the website.
Thanks again!
more...

Author: wasilix , 05-05-2024 12:53

- - Battlejuice 2 Delirium furens - Heroes 3 map

Not mapmaker, but you don't have to use your initial hero. Moreover you are free to change your main hero as you please. more...

Author: wasilix , 05-05-2024 11:01

Player tester note - Battlejuice 2 Delirium furens - Heroes 3 map

I've been privileged to play test this map several months ago.

Simply put, I loved it. The version I played became a bit tedious in the end, but I see that major issues were addressed in this version.

Look at this beautiful minimap! Pure pleasure just looking at it :)

The map has sever
more...

Author: Sulim81 (Poland), 05-05-2024 10:52

Strange - Battlejuice 2 Delirium furens - Heroes 3 map

I was able to move forward even without this event, probably depends where you go out from portal. Propose to save the game before entering and try several times, there are two options where you can just continue (one exit needs orb of vurnelability and armor of the damned- I used this one , second more...

Author: Sulim81 (Poland), 05-05-2024 10:49

Question - Battlejuice 2 Delirium furens - Heroes 3 map

Dear author, should I keep necro Gelu as a main hero or I can choose another character later on? He has no wisdom and no archery. more...

Author: trotyl (Poland), 05-05-2024 10:33

tr - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

Super, many thanks for the hint! more...

Author: wasilix , 05-05-2024 09:39

- - Battlejuice 2 Delirium furens - Heroes 3 map

I would assume, that it's because you are playing with tournament rules On. more...

Author: 32167 , 05-05-2024 03:23

:) - Battlejuice 2 Delirium furens - Heroes 3 map

Thanks, I didn't know that fact.
It doesn’t matter to this map. But it will destroy some of the other maps presented on this site...
more...

Author: Michał (Cracow, Poland), 05-05-2024 03:02

chronic top 1 - Chronic Peripeteia - Heroes 4 map

It i the best map I've ever played. Congrats for author :) unfortunately did aliance with my friend (never do it with this map) but luckily we managed to finish it :) more...

Author: 32167 , 05-05-2024 02:27

Thank you very much - Battlejuice 2 Delirium furens - Heroes 3 map

It really doesn't work... Tomorrow I’ll solve this problem. Now I see only one solution - use cheat code to raise the level of the hero (until you get expert water magic).
Press tab, then type nwcneo (the currently selected hero gains 1 level).
Thank you very much for finding that mistake!
more...

Author: necokpylllumblu , 05-05-2024 01:21

"Cloak of the King of Evil" - Battlejuice 2 Delirium furens - Heroes 3 map

this card is passed if only skeletons rise on the "Cloak of the King of Evil"? Lychees do not rise version HotA 1.7.1 more...

Author: Pablo (Russia), 05-05-2024 00:42

... - Battlejuice 2 Delirium furens - Heroes 3 map

Event 53 53 dont work, stuck more...

Author: Heroes 3 Guy (United States), 04-05-2024 22:37

Congrats! - The Devil Beneath You - Heroes 3 map

I'm honored you enjoyed my map! Thanks so much for playing it! Great work! more...

Author: Nebel 74 (CZ), 04-05-2024 21:20

Charnel-House - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

You'll find it to the right of the Charnel-House entrance. more...

Subscribe to our Telegram Channel "maps4heroes.com" to be the first to receive NEW Maps and News for Heroes of Might & Magic 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2!

How can I support maps4heroes.com ?

YooMoney:
Login / Register on Maps4Heroes.com
Heroes 7 (VII) - Maps Heroes 6 (VI) - Maps Heroes 5 (V) - Maps Heroes 4 (IV) - Maps Heroes 3 (III) - Maps Heroes 2 (II) - Maps

Subscribe to our Telegram Channel "maps4heroes.com" to be the first to receive NEW Maps and News for Heroes of Might & Magic 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2!

Heroes3 - Your opinions about Legend of Finnegan Tar - map rating = 10 Likes

Title:
Type your opinion in the space below:
Your name:
E-mail:

Your vote:
City, Country:
Attach the picture: (Gif, Jpeg)
Download map Legend of Finnegan Tar - heroes 3 mapsDownload map Legend of Finnegan Tar - heroes 3 maps

Download map -> Legend of Finnegan Tar

Heroes 3: Horn of the Abyss

Finnegan will only become a legend if you make him one. What you waiting for?. GAME ON! Also to be a real legend a time limit of 16 months and 4 weeks is given to complete the trials. Gameover will come to claim his castle on that date it will take 7 days to kill game over.

Added: 19-04-2021

Heroes 3 maps: Questing | Conakry | Gitega | Nine month

| 1-30 | 31-60 | 61-66 |

Author: Thaeek (Czech), 14-05-2021 12:54
Finished - Legend of Finnegan Tar
Awesome map,your maps are the best what i played.This map is one of top.The hardest for me was Night Walker.Others bosses was peace of cake.Thanks for your work.Look forward too anotwrs maps.Finished in 28 month.

maygwan writes:
14-05-2021 18:23

Glad you liked it - Legend of Finnegan Tar

Great thing about the bosses is everyone seems to have a boss they struggled with obviously due to all the different play styles.

Author: Ferdinand (Munich), 12-05-2021 22:56 Like
"Forgetfulness"- Spell for "Deadshot" ? - Legend of Finnegan Tar
Hi, very good map.

is there the "Forgetfulness"- Spell for "Deadshot"? I do not have this spell, but it would be very helpful ^^ Can you give me a little advice how I can beat Deadshot without forgetfulness? Or is this spell well hidden and I did not find it yet?

BenS (Austin, TX) writes:
10-09-2021 22:27

forgetfulness - Legend of Finnegan Tar

You will find it if you keep playing, you need to beat the boss at the rampart castle to get to it

Author: Ferdinand (Munich), 12-05-2021 22:12 Like
Hi, very good map.

is there the "Forgetfulness"- Spell for "Deadshot"? I do not have this spell, but it would be very helpful ^^ Can you give me a little advice how I can beat Deadshot without forgetfulness? Or is this spell well hidden and I did not find it yet?

Author: Ferdinand (Munich), 12-05-2021 21:14 Like
Hi, very good map.

. writes:
12-05-2021 21:18

Beat Joan to get forgetfullness - Legend of Finnegan Tar

Ferdinand (Munich) writes:
12-05-2021 21:19

Thx - Legend of Finnegan Tar

Thanks!

12-05-2021 22:10

Orb of Vulnerability - Legend of Finnegan Tar

And please how do I get to the Orb of Vulnerability? The prison is abandoned, so the path is blocked. Or will I get the Orb later again? The armor of wonder is before the orb. I can not reach it eather.

Orb of Vulnerability - Legend of Finnegan Tar

wasilix writes:
12-05-2021 23:45

- - Legend of Finnegan Tar

Destroy a ship and you'll be able to free the hero

13-05-2021 00:30

Wow! Thanks! - Legend of Finnegan Tar

Wow, I would never have thought of that! Thank you so much!

Author: wasilix, 11-05-2021 22:32 Like
Enjoyed the map a lot! - Legend of Finnegan Tar
Spent many evenings playing this map out. Started by dipping my toes, and then it consumed me entirely.

Some fresh ideas, some old ones.

My usual pet peeve with Maygwan's maps is not having spirit of oppression. Dealing with 2k stacks of satyrs and trolls having few shooters is a long and annoying ordeal. I wish you'd be giving this art in maps like this. Youtuber by name of Glenn, by the way, has the same opinion about morale mechanic, that it's more of a nuisance than a skill check and at times can be irritating.

On that note, I "cheated" the map, and allowed the -1 morale in map properties to make it a starting artifact (spirit of oppression was taken for quests). It made early game less frustrating and a bit more relaxed overall.

Captured last pink city on 9-2-3. The 80k fairy fight to me was so much harder than all other fights. Ended up doing it on a side hero lol :)

Anyway, thanks for the great map. You have many great maps, but to me this one was certainly one of the best in terms of gameplay.

maygwan writes:
12-05-2021 08:45

Thanx for feedback in my future maps i will name a hero wasilix and just put spirit on him lol that way you can recruit him with ya hearts content. Only joking but i may do it.

wasilix writes:
12-05-2021 21:01

haha - Legend of Finnegan Tar

Sure, it sounds about right :)

Author: Sasha (Canada), 10-05-2021 02:00
Sasha - Legend of Finnegan Tar
Very interesting map, thank you. Finished in 13.1.2

maygwan writes:
10-05-2021 08:24

:)

Author: Naipush (Russia), 08-05-2021 19:18
Good map! - Legend of Finnegan Tar
I really liked the map, it was completed in 15 months from the second time. But, in the editor, Tazar changed his skills. Thank you, I had a lot of fun!

maygwan writes:
08-05-2021 22:39

:)

Author: brgljez (zg, cro), 08-05-2021 11:44
didnt finish this map and will not even try to do it - Legend of Finnegan Tar
its 16/2/5. came to last 3 fights area. what do i see? every opponent has stack of 10k azures... sry maygwan but hota aint wog so u can fight vs random fear. u know, even faeries can do random from ur proper tactic. there is no challenge in reloading and try again until it comes right. this is the last time i played ur maps, because ur maps are mostly based on this. u tryin to make maps hard and what u doin is making them hard random.
anyhow, i apriciate ur effort, time and imagination. tnx

maygwan writes:
08-05-2021 22:38

just nonesence - Legend of Finnegan Tar

Those fights are not about rng there are numerous ways to beat the final bosses infact they are much easier than a lot of the early bosses. When i update the map i will increase there difficulty. I get that you might be frustrated with the map it is meant to be a challenge, you need to understand that some of the fights you do i may do myself 10 to 20 times trying different ways to beat each boss that is a total of 200 boss fights just to test 20 bosses. I do this to see how many ways they can be defeated. You may be using a wrong tactic and that does not mean the tactic you are trying will not eventually beat the boss but there may be a better tactic. Numerous players have beaten the map using numerous heroes,tactics and creature stacks and between times of 12 month and 16 month.

brgljez (zg, cro) writes:
08-05-2021 23:58

sure it is - Legend of Finnegan Tar

put ur ego on a side and stop using "random outcome" stuff (azures, faeries, resistance on hero etc.) in story/path based maps.
and 1 day u'll become what u think u r now.

maygwan writes:
09-05-2021 06:55

lol - Legend of Finnegan Tar

best answer i got and yes i agree in future you should not play my maps clearly they stress you too much. Have a good day.

Author: brgljez (zg, cro), 07-05-2021 12:08
gothmog - Legend of Finnegan Tar
...and then comes gothmog. negative moral if u dont replace shooters bow with 2 more moral and golden bow, but if u do u loose damage. u have to bring a lot of artefacts with u so u dont have to come back or waist 2-3 days so logistics brings u what u need.
i use morgan as main from the point of entering underground because that was the time he collected skills from probably all objects on surface except those 2 areas behind trident quests. got 17 k sharps, 17k dogs, 2.7k titans, 4k gorgons, 11k nix and 3.5k angels + free spot for some birds if needed. time is 14/2/0. i guess its armor of the damned or dragons father fight... however
didnt manage to beat gothmog without heavy loses on sharps

maygwan writes:
08-05-2021 22:41

those heavy losses - Legend of Finnegan Tar

Could hurt you as you progress. Patients is a virtue!

09-05-2021 00:03

done with minor loses on few stacks - Legend of Finnegan Tar

same tactic as few times before, just that time he didnt use haste on dragons and attacked sharps. instead of that he went for dummy i've put in front of orcs.

Author: brgljez (zg, cro), 07-05-2021 01:56
bolg - Legend of Finnegan Tar
what tactics did u use on bolg to prevent any loses?

ebro (USA) writes:
07-05-2021 07:26

Some losses are inevitable - Legend of Finnegan Tar

If you're still looking for an answer to this question, I just went back and replayed this battle and my best result was losing 2 AAs, about 700 Nix Warriors, and maybe 800 Sharpshooters. You're going to lose some units b/c the battle is on Cursed Ground, unless you've amassed a big enough army to one-shot almost every stack, which I'm guessing is not the case. I didn't mind losing the Nix b/c you get that amount back in 1 week basically.

I don't really have a step-by-step guide for the battle, but the crucial things I would say are: equip Ironfist of the Ogre and Orb of Vulnerability for sure, and cast Slow first round so all of your units have speed advantage. The fight then becomes about blocking the Crystal Dragons from getting to key units, meanwhile you prioritize each Orc Chieftain stack and then the Wolf Raider stacks. If by the end of round 1 you have the Crystal Dragons and maybe 1 other stack left you're good to go, the rest is pretty much downhill from there. Hope that helps.

07-05-2021 09:10

tnx - Legend of Finnegan Tar

tnx for ur answer, cheers

Morty (Europe) writes:
08-05-2021 23:30

Can be done even better - Legend of Finnegan Tar

If you have a few more Sea Dogs, your losses can even be brought down to just 13 Phoenixes or less and the War Machines.
I cast Bless and use 3 stacks of Phoenixes to wall in the Crystal Dragons while my shooters 1-shot the 4 orc stacks in the first round (my Sea Dogs didn't quite manage it, but with the Armor of the Damned a cursed stack of orcs won't do much harm). The Wolf Raiders attack the ammo cart and tent cos they're scared of the titans. It's over after that but it does require you to have enough shooters to kill the orcs in the first round.

Can be done even better - Legend of Finnegan Tar

Author: Nomersi (Bulgaria), 06-05-2021 11:41
Great Map - Legend of Finnegan Tar
Great Map with good hard battles, and I like the time limit pretty much.As some of the guys comments, there isnt much fun just to sit there and skip turns.Thank you very much, Maygwan, hope you'll bring us another masterpiece
Great Map - Legend of Finnegan Tar

maygwan writes:
06-05-2021 18:12

Glad you enjoyed it just search my name on here i am sure you can find another map by me to enjoy. I got around 50 maps on here.

Author: Nidalf (Poland), 06-05-2021 00:23 Like
Great map ! - Legend of Finnegan Tar
This is a really great map. I haven't had so much fun with any map in a long time. Mostly I don't end up with such large maps because usually at some point they become boring and too simple. In this map, almost every fight will force you to find the right strategy - mix artifacts and magic. You've given me hours of fun. The map is well balanced and thought out from start to finish and most importantly, on such a large map I found only a few minor errors.

I killed the last boss on 15/2/4, you can finish this map faster but personally I like to explore the map carefully, mark all buildings and do quests. Once I had to repeat the beginning, I did not take the water magic and quickly realized that it could be useful for this map :) I also considered changing the main character to Mr. Fish or Henry. However, I stayed with the first one. The only thing I would change is maybe the air magic to something else, it wasn't that helpful on this map. For me, the worst thing was the Night King, the ghost dragons tired me a lot, without the possibility of using the blinding it was not easy.

I saw that some people have a problem with this map, I can write from myself that without the magic of earth and water, it will be difficult to make this map in 16 months. A large number of troops is needed, but without the combination of magic + artifacts, there is no chance of winning with the amount of troops. You have to win the fights without losses or with very little losses, because each next one will be even worse. Spells like clone, blind, slow, bles, forgetfulnes are obligatory. Resurrection is not useful, with so many troops, archangels cloning works better :) Someone wondered how to defeat 80k fairy dragon = blind + slow + clon (on all shooters) + bless + precision + fortune + mirth (you can use disrupting ray several times) then a series of shooters and blinds before the dragon's turn comes, repeat the action until they die :D

As for the errors I found:
(194,217.0) - no access
(72,180,0) - quest, impossible to get steel golems (I haven't found it)
(58.119.0) - quest, I found only 1 on the whole map and you need 4 of each scope. (I haven't found it)
(132,33,0) there are two quests next to each other, you can't do them both, not enough time to collect

But those are unimportant details, the map is really great. I checked that you made a lot of maps, if all of them are of that level then I have to prepare for many hours in h3 :)
Great map ! - Legend of Finnegan Tar

maygwan writes:
06-05-2021 07:58

I do have a lot of maps on here over 50 i think some are similar in this map with a degree of difficulty like conquest of heaven and hell or fantasy conquest ect others may offer just an enjoyable time and some offer a good story like bogmire brothers or supernatural ect and some will require raising armies uniquely like raising a legion. One of my personal favorites of mine is A wizards tale. But you should get plenty of fun from some of them.

22-05-2021 13:07

Gorgons? - Legend of Finnegan Tar

where did you get so many Gorgons? I have 3000 lol. Do you get them after "Bolg" ?, because there I a m.

Author: ebro (USA), 05-05-2021 22:17
Another fun map - Legend of Finnegan Tar
Thanks again for another fun playthrough, maygwan. Finished in 338 days. I actually enjoyed the time limit and the sense of urgency it gives the player. The stakes seemed higher so my engagement with the map was elevated accordingly. It's a pretty cool aspect that I wouldn't mind seeing in future maps you make. Like Morty said, I honestly don't finish many maps like this these days, and I think the time limit was a big factor in my desire for completion.

As far as feedback/comments go, I agree with pretty much everything Morty said, I think he hit the nail on the head. The exorbitant wood/ore quest requirements are a bit of a snag, even with max marketplace exchange rates. Downtime as you simply wait to have enough resources can be damaging to the overall pacing of a map. I also never bothered with Fake Pitt and while I did collect like 4 Tridents of Dominion I never actually used them if I recall except to open the stat boost areas.

The underground was definitely a strong point, I really liked the sense of progression you get from moving on from one boss to the next. Some bosses are easier than others for sure, but overall it forces the player to think carefully about each army comp, artifact setup, etc., right down to each move they make during the battle, just like a chess match. For example, for most of the initial underground fights I went in with all my Sea Dogs, Sharps, AAs, Titans, and Nix, but that comp loses feasibility as you go on, and eventually once I reached the final 3 dungeons I was using just Titans and some stacks of Arch Devils. I actually never once used my stack of 54k Gorgons strangely enough. The highlight battle was definitely Rhaegal for me, as Faerie Dragons are one of the most frustrating things to go up against. Entered that battle with 1980 spell pts and left with 6 spell pts and no major losses, very satisfying.

Once again, thanks for all the work you put into the map, really fun experience overall.

maygwan writes:
06-05-2021 07:50

Its always a challenge for me when making maps to try and at least make the difficulty super hard due to human vs ai but it is limited to always make a challenge of every boss esp with skills like beserk,ffield,blind. I also have to take into consideration everyone who plays the map will have a different play style and a different degree of skill. So even though i have been playing homm3 for close to 40 years some may be new to it. Either way it is always a challenge and i am just glad that many folk still play and enjoy my maps.

Author: Auge, 04-05-2021 08:21
Waiting turns... - Legend of Finnegan Tar
The map is unplayable with this long waiting turns- i will skip this.....

Author: Sasha (Canada), 02-05-2021 22:33
Prison on Water - Legend of Finnegan Tar
It seems I cannot release her from prison on water. Was it intentional?

Sasha (Canada) writes:
03-05-2021 03:41

Prison - Legend of Finnegan Tar

Mean hero from prison

maygwan writes:
03-05-2021 07:52

yes - Legend of Finnegan Tar

You need to scuttle a boat to do so

Pet writes:
07-05-2021 07:46

summoned boats - Legend of Finnegan Tar

Somebody advised me to do these things and they helped me on the map to release the hero:
- first destroy ALL summoned boats (check carefully)
- then summon ONLY ONE boat on the shore with direct water access to the prison

Author: brgljez (zg, cro), 02-05-2021 20:31
gamesaves - Legend of Finnegan Tar
hi, morty could u pls share ur gamesaves with us. tnx in advance.

cheers

Morty (Europe) writes:
02-05-2021 23:24

Save - Legend of Finnegan Tar

Sure, here's the link to my last save at the end (so spoilers!):
https://filetrans fer.io/data-package/Pn gRoy9Y
Let me know if you want any other files.

03-05-2021 01:07

tyvm - Legend of Finnegan Tar

tnx, if u can share all saves that would help a lot.

cheers

Morty (Europe) writes:
03-05-2021 02:44

Saves - Legend of Finnegan Tar

Here's the other ones.
https://filetrans fer.io/data-package/5kve NltQ
The cheat saves are where I cheated in max movement to quickly gather troops and get a specific army composition and artifact setup to try out for certain fights. Obviously I didn't continue playing on those. I don't have saves for every fight lategame cos some of them were kinda easy so I just kept going on the same save file. (You'll notice my army size barely changes after the Dracula fight outside of titans and gorgons.)
Other than that, I mostly just wasted a lot of time early on.

Author: Daniel Florea (România), 02-05-2021 20:06
The map is excellent - Legend of Finnegan Tar
I can't find my way to Port Royal, I'm stuck ...

Author: Morty (Europe), 02-05-2021 15:10
Thank you - Legend of Finnegan Tar
There were definitely some other small niggles, such as the relative lack of rings of infinite gems, Saruman being able to patrol away from his castle, Teal's stacking of Oceanids making them overflow or that you can softlock yourself if Teal has opened a white border guard to the sea portal allowing you to take their castle before beating Yara, but I consider these minor compared to the overall enjoyment I got from the map. Thank you for making it!
As for the location of Henry Morgan, you'll find him in a prison near Port Royale.

Author: Daniel Florea (România), 02-05-2021 14:07
where can i find Henry Morgan? - Legend of Finnegan Tar
where can i find henry Morgan?

Author: maygwan, 02-05-2021 09:10
thanx for write up - Legend of Finnegan Tar
Just over 12 months that is some game play right there, respect for sure it took me 14 months lol.
Much appreciated on the feedback and if i do ever update i will take those suggestions on board.
thanx for playing.

Author: Morty (Europe), 02-05-2021 00:23
Some flaws, but overall extremely enjoyable map - Legend of Finnegan Tar
First off, I'll start by saying I don't tend to finish maps anymore nowadays. I finished this map however, because I never had the feeling like I had outscaled the map's enemies or was just busy mopping up underpowered AI.
I really enjoyed the power you get from owning a ridiculous amount of lighthouses and the potential size of your army. I also like how it wasn't just a one man show where your secondaries aren't useful anymore lategame.
The late game (underground) bosses were overall a lot of fun in terms of figuring out the best strategy on artifact setup, army composition and minimizing losses; the changes in their artifacts, spells, army and sometimes cursed ground or not made for interesting puzzles. Dracula and Bolg were some of the best for me. These were the highlights of the map for me next to the look of the map and its distinct environments and I appreciated the small bits of treasure hunting hidden throughout.

On to some of its flaws: the last couple of endgame bosses were a bit easy comparatively. Sauron, Saruman, Jon Snow and Brienne for instance were pushovers and with the existence of taverns, cheesing the dragon bosses (with flame breath) makes them rather trivial though I only ended up doing this for Drogon's Ghost Dragons. Another thing I would consider a cheese but didn't do was hiring some of the Greyjoy heroes (that own Berserk/Forcefield) and abusing those.
I would also consider heavily limiting Teal's movement on the water given that it severely hampers how quickly the AI can perform its turns.
Lastly, the amount of troops you can purchase (and only the relevant ones at that) far outpaces your resource income. Personally, I didn't mind too much but it makes quite a few quests completely irrelevant (I never bothered with Fake Pitt or the golem quests) and interacts negatively with something I didn't like about the map and that is:

Timegates. At some point in the map you'll probably be timegated (wood&ore or troll quests) if you're at least a little fast. While I respect that the map maker pre-flagged some dwellings for the troll quests, having to spend money on these resources can set you back weeks, if not months from getting your treasury rolling. For a map that is designed with a time limit, this can be aggrevating since you'll be stuck waiting for more resources to come in (with the extra load times for the Teal AI) to get a significant number of extra troops. A possible solution would be to have the wood/ore for free behind a quest guard that locks if you don't get there before a given time limit. Another would be to give us a freelancer's guild before that point (since I ended up selling gogs/fiends/minotaurs for money right thereafter anyway).

I ended up finishing in just over 12 months, though I ended up wasting quite a bit of time in the early game. I had 20m in the bank with over 10.000 nix warriors, many thousands of sharpshooters and sea dogs and at least 2000 AA left unbought. Titans and Gorgons will serve you just fine in the end.
Some flaws, but overall extremely enjoyable map - Legend of Finnegan Tar

Daniel Florea (România) writes:
02-05-2021 20:11

:) - Legend of Finnegan Tar

I found Port Royal but I don't see the prison anywhere :)

Daniel Florea (România) writes:
02-05-2021 20:26

like - Legend of Finnegan Tar

I found the prison, well hidden

maygwan writes:
03-05-2021 07:59

those niggles - Legend of Finnegan Tar

Some of those were fixed in the time issue maps i made for some players i think 5 or 6 players asked for a map with no timer. Also fixed the slow timer on teal. Will look into it in a future update also any chance u can list the bosses you found easy so i can increase there difficulty and sauron moving i also fixed.

Morty (Europe) writes:
05-05-2021 14:22

Easy bosses - Legend of Finnegan Tar

I think the ones I already mentioned like Brienne and Jon Snow were pretty easy. Same goes for Joffrey and Cersei since they're not immune to blind or have any scary artifacts like the Ring of Oblivion.
Sauron and Saruman are also quite easy given their abysmal attack and defense and lack of combat skills.
I think the Great Goblin was also kinda easy but I don't remember much of him.

I'm not sure if Forcefield and Berserk were intended to be used for some fights (like Drogon/Rhaegal). Same goes for dragon breath cheesing (which is enabled by the taverns as well). These two things can make the dungeon dragon fights too easy as well, imo.

Even so, some of the above still posed an interesting puzzle and the other underground bosses were definitely a lot of fun to figure out.

maygwan writes:
06-05-2021 07:42

ty - Legend of Finnegan Tar

will use this info in future updates ty.

Author: Soned (Kirov), 01-05-2021 09:07 Like
Legend of Finnegan Tar - Legend of Finnegan Tar
Where to get 15,000 ore and wood?

Author: Pawel (Opole), 29-04-2021 00:39
Fantastic map - Legend of Finnegan Tar
I have finished map within 34 months. If someone can bit it in 16 months hats off. Map is really great and most of the fights are very challenging especially without berserk.

Author: Leo (Brazil), 28-04-2021 16:54
Question - Legend of Finnegan Tar
How much time should I spent on the first island of the map? I was almost getting on the boat, then blue came to attack, I went back to defend and this is basically it.

It's month 2, week 2, day 5. It is okay? I don't want to keep playing just to realize at month 16 that you should've gone past first island before 2 months or something like that.

Also, I'm having the same problem as told here by other players. AI turns (especially light blue player) take a looong time!

Leo (Brazil) writes:
29-04-2021 04:01

Nevermind.... - Legend of Finnegan Tar

Guess I'm a long time without playing heroes. Can't conquer Maiden Joan due to low stats (didn't find most of the hidden artifacts that make a difference). Probably I'll have to change the time limit! Anyways, I will reformulate my request: can you put some time stamps for objectives so ppl can know if they're completing the map in time..
For example:
- Defeat Maiden Joan on month 3, week 1-2
It would be nicer to play with some feedback if you're doing well or not, cause I don't know if I'm progressing at the right speed. Meaning that I'm even ignoring a lot of resources pick over the map, but still have not uncovered like 10% in 4 months. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to restart (unless I kept playing this map for like 1 month lol)...
I'm far from an expert at the game and just bored with easy dumb maps, so please some timestamps for guidance! :)))

maygwan writes:
03-05-2021 08:06

first area - Legend of Finnegan Tar

First area does take up some time and the late areas are mainly bosses backed up by a lot of water travel but with many light houses so u can basically cut down a lot of time. You will also need to buff Henry Morgan or crag for later fights.

Author: ., 28-04-2021 13:33
Really Struggling! - Legend of Finnegan Tar
As someone that removed the timelimit, I am amazed at how this is possible in 16 months! I am 34 months in and struggling to beat the Balrog. I struggled at many spots to beat the mini-boss without losing my entire army (since we do not unlock massive armies after each mini-boss, I assume we have to). I really struggle when I am without clone/blind. Everyone has flyers/ranged so I cannot block the gate. No hypnotise. Balrog has no ranged attackers so cannot leave an inconsequential ranged stack while resurrecting. Berserk - not with power of dragon father (there were others were this was not a problem, but I struggled for other reasons). How do you guys do this? Would love a posts saying just what the general strat is for each mini-boss (eg Swamp thing - leave a small stack of liches while you resurrect losses) - not looking for a walkthrough, just trying to learn!

Pg writes:
02-05-2021 02:06

good for you!! - Legend of Finnegan Tar

Im 43 months and i cant beat balrog......
i mean.... i could beat it but i would deplete all my armies.....
any hints?

Morty (Europe) writes:
02-05-2021 15:26

Tank test - Legend of Finnegan Tar

Some of these fights in larger maps come down to being a tank test, i.e. can you survive long enough whilst you incapacitate the enemy army be that through death, blind, blocking or otherwise.
As long as a significant stack of your ArchAngels can survive the initial onslaught (and killing) of the Efreeti, Firebirds and Phoenixes while you block the gate, you will win this fight without any losses.
Keep in mind that destroying your own catapult is sometimes in your best interest as well.

Pg writes:
02-05-2021 16:00

thank you - Legend of Finnegan Tar

thank you so much for your message i actually passed it.
i really apprecaite your help. i actuall do not like the catapult as many times it unleashes armies that id prefer to remain inside the walls. how do you destroy your own catapult?

Morty (Europe) writes:
02-05-2021 23:27

Catapult - Legend of Finnegan Tar

I destroy them with Meteor Shower. Obviously don't put your ranged units next to the catapult and don't equip any magic resistance items or you'll 'miss' it.

maygwan writes:
03-05-2021 08:09

destroying cattapult - Legend of Finnegan Tar

I used this technique too there are other ways but its why i give you meteor shower :) i am such a kind mapmaker.

Author: jolann (france), 25-04-2021 16:23
ambassador object - Legend of Finnegan Tar
i can't find this item so i can't fight against kid pirate.

maygwan writes:
25-04-2021 16:27

once u beat deadshot - Legend of Finnegan Tar

Head bk to starting castle in water area there is a quest you can pass just as u enter its behind volcanic smoke.

jolann (france) writes:
27-04-2021 03:03

find it - Legend of Finnegan Tar

thanks a lot and great map!

maygwan writes:
27-04-2021 09:15

your welcome - Legend of Finnegan Tar

glad you enjoying it

Author: Soned (Kirov), 25-04-2021 14:51 Like
Where to get forgetfulness?

maygwan writes:
25-04-2021 16:25

After u beat joan - Legend of Finnegan Tar

You can get the spell in right water area passed the quest that says defeat joan to enter

Author: Pushking (Россия), 24-04-2021 15:39
Tavern - Legend of Finnegan Tar
You can get berserker from tavern heroes

Author: gogo (Denmark), 24-04-2021 15:26
End game - Legend of Finnegan Tar
How am I supposed to defeat the dragons and night kind without berserker or force field?

Pg writes:
01-05-2021 17:53

LOVING THE MAP - Legend of Finnegan Tar

but where are the taverns?

Morty (Europe) writes:
03-05-2021 02:54

Night King - Legend of Finnegan Tar

This guy can be beaten by splitting your ranged troops in 6 stacks and 1 stack of 5 Phoenixes. Equip Armor of the Damned and Pendant of Dispassion; shoot all enemies down in the first round (except the ghost dragons) and move the phoenixes into the castle. The ghost dragons will keep focusing on the phoenixes (also be sure to move them on the lich corpse). Resurrect them each turn while you shoot the ghost dragons down. The Night King will focus on using animate dead on his dragons :)
He will pull out some other spells near the end once he's figured out he will lose, but with dragons down he will stick to summoning air elemental which allows you to resurrect any damaged stacks.

Pg writes:
04-05-2021 05:57

i give up..... - Legend of Finnegan Tar

Dear Morty you have been so helpful.....
However after 50 months im giving up....
ive got here with what i managed to build i tried doing what you suggested and the Night king after killing my phoenix stack twice started casting forgetfulness to all my stacks simultaneously.
now i cant shoot him but i cant dispel as i need to resurrect the phoenixes and the guy destrys my armies....
my question also is..... how am i supposed to kill the guys with 75000 faerie dragon and the guy with 64000 black knights?
sorry to be a loser, but it is too much and i will give up....
thank you and thank Maygwan for a lovely map....

i give up..... - Legend of Finnegan Tar

Morty (Europe) writes:
05-05-2021 14:09

Setup - Legend of Finnegan Tar

First off, don't wear the orb of vulnerability. It doesn't benefit you vs undead and allows him to cast forgetfulness on your titans.
Secondly, Finnegan shouldn't be your main fighting hero. Henry Morgan (and perhaps Crag Hack if you have him) has a better specialty and better skills.
Don't be afraid to try different setups for different fights. I had to retry fights a lot myself. Sometimes less is more! You can also check the map in the editor to see what spells enemy heroes have so you don't get any nasty surprises near the end of long fights.

Faerie dragons are slightly luck-based, but you can mitigate some of it by cloning all your stacks and blind-cycling them. You hit with a cloned ArchAngels stack, shoot with all ranged troops and -most importantly- your (cloned) Gorgons. You just have to hope they don't magic mirror the blind at the end of the turn, but even then you should be able to recover as long as they don't kill your ArchAngels. You can even spread out your troops to avoid major damage from fireballs/infernos/frost rings.
I'm not sure what black knights you're talking about. Any ones I encountered were quite easily beaten by keeping them in their castle and shooting them to death.

You have more than enough troops to beat the map; you can do it. :)

Pg writes:
06-05-2021 05:11

thank you. - Legend of Finnegan Tar

sorry i meant 64,000 black dragons......
i tried again zero luck
my henry morgan has low skills as i never used it
im not going to spend time to pump him up....
too much
lost interest
but your help was just invaluable, i never understood how to sue the editor, is there a crash course?

Author: Геннадий (Москва), 24-04-2021 13:43
Отличная карта, впрочем как и все остальные, плохо только что на время. Пришлось из-за этого ее бросить. Если можно выставляйте в одном файле карту и на время и безлимитную.

Pushking (Россия) writes:
24-04-2021 15:15

Подсказка - Legend of Finnegan Tar

Там же можно просто удалить этого героя и не будет ограничения по времени. Либо поставить барьер, либо ещё что-то

| 1-30 | 31-60 | 61-66 |

Heroes 3: Horn of the Abyss 1.6.1 - Download Section

Heroes 7 News

Heroes 3 map: "Atlantic Revolutions"

Heroes 3 New map: "1797:Northern Italy campaign"

Heroes 7 maps

Heroes 7 patch 2.2 now available

Heroes 7 Creatures Fortress

Heroes 7 patch 1.8 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.7 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.6 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.5 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.4 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.3 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.2.1 now available

Heroes 7 cheats

Heroes 7 available!!! - Launch Trailer

Heroes 7 - closed beta 2 now available!

Heroes 7 screenshots

Heroes 7 Elves faction

Heroes 7 Dwarves faction

Heroes 7 Academy faction

Heroes 7 Haven faction

Heroes 7 release date: 29 September 2015

Haps4Heroes.com

How can I support maps4heroes.com ?

YooMoney:

Copyright © 1999-2024 All questions and comments please mail to evgkuz@yandex.ru

Privacy Policy