Author: Sasha (Serbia), 27-03-2017 22:00

Invasion - The First Circle - Heroes 3 map

Hm, I get your point. It was a bit too much for me. I was able to kill them all since had strong army but after grinding 10 of them I felt bored. This is my personal feeling and it might be challenging for other player. Thanks for the map though. It was challenging. more...

Author: Lauri , 27-03-2017 18:15

Oh and... - The First Circle - Heroes 3 map

I guess it goes without saying the map is supposed to be played on impossible setting. Otherwise the enemy won't hire extra heroes :)

But I guess you always play on impossible so shouldn't be a problem? more...

Author: Lauri , 27-03-2017 18:14

My bad - The First Circle - Heroes 3 map

The map file was correct, but I'd forgotten to activate spare heroes for them. Therefore the enemy doesn't hire more heroes if you manage to win them in battle without them escaping.

Such a tiny mistake causing such a major headache.

Go me.

Map waiting to be uploaded. I apologize more...

Author: Maygwan , 27-03-2017 18:12

Thats correct - Balance - Heroes 3 map

You can however go in and change the editor to allow solo play on the other factions. i played a few on solo just to test the map based on the multiplay aspect. more...

Author: Cesar (Sweden), 27-03-2017 12:50

Necro - Balance - Heroes 3 map

But at solo challeng i could only pick necro it had boosted ai i said ^^ more...

Author: Lauri , 27-03-2017 11:19

Luck factor - The First Circle - Heroes 3 map

Oh and some heroes being easy or not is also always about luck. You know how AI can sometimes be stupid and break down their armies and sometimes unite them under one main-hero. Sometimes they come at you with twice the army, sometimes with half of it and then lost both halves due to not being prepa more...

Author: Lauri , 27-03-2017 11:14

Invasion - The First Circle - Heroes 3 map

Yeah, I understand it can be a bit frustrating at that point, but I'd like you to think of it other way... think of it as a twist in plot.

I know it feels frustrating just when you feel like you're SO close to victory, just when you've taken all the towns that you're quickly l more...

Author: Lauri , 27-03-2017 11:10

TP - The First Circle - Heroes 3 map

You get TP when you really need it, which is during the mid/end-game invasion.

Pink hero with 1000 of each dragons is guarding it. You can either defeat it yourself taking some heavy penalties or alternatively you can take over all their castles in which case the hero is banished in 7 days and th more...

Author: Lauri , 27-03-2017 11:02

weird - The First Circle - Heroes 3 map

That is most weird, shouldn't happen.

In the original version there was the problem of enemy no longer recruiting more heroes - which apparently you didn't have. I fixed it in this version so that they can hire more... but weird enough, they don't...?

I have to take a look late more...

Author: Shinoshuke (VietNam), 27-03-2017 09:32

MoS- Powerful ! - TEW IV Commodus' Revenge - Heroes 3 map

Hi valery!!! I've just finished TEW IV the second times with MOS, 3 month earlier than MoD (M5W3D1 vs M8W3D6). At first it's harder but later it's more powerful with a lot of super demons. Really enjoyed your art...:D. I'm going Alexander the Great and when i finish i'll inf more...

Heroes 7 (VII) - Maps Heroes 6 (VI) - Maps Heroes 5 (V) - Maps Heroes 4 (IV) - Maps Heroes 3 (III) - Maps

Heroes3 - Your opinions about The Devil Is In The Detail - map rating = 10.00 (10 - The best)

Title:
Type your opinion in the space below:
Your name:
E-mail:

Your vote:
City, Country:

(Example: Moscow, Russia)
Attach the picture: (Gif, Jpeg)
Download map The Devil Is In The Detail - heroes 3 mapsDownload map The Devil Is In The Detail - heroes 3 maps
Download map -> The Devil Is In The Detail

Heroes 3: Horn of the Abyss

The Devils Is In The Detail is supposed to be a good multiplayer/hot seat map, but can also be a challenge for a solo game. You can find two versions, easy (hotseat) and impossible (vs AI)

Features:

- 6 balanced starting positions
- All castles available on the map
- All possible game objects on the map
- Game designed to lead to the late game / "no rush start"
- Even bigger AI significant boosts for vs AI map
- DD, Fly, Water Walk and Town Portal spells can only be obtained from the map (cannot get in any castle)

Added: 02-12-2016

Heroes 3 maps: Dichomitity | La Contrapartida | A volta de Lord Voker | HopkinsMap

| 1-10 | 11-20 | 21-30 | 31-34 |

Author: Catalin (Bucharest Romania), 08-12-2016 20:37
'Impossible' map.. - The Devil Is In The Detail
I tried 2 times this map,with Castle(Orrin),second time Cove(Jeremy).Time lost for nothing..
In first map necromancers have Town Portal and Water Walk,in second Water Walk minimum.In first map Thant with 1000 liches and more other troops come in my land with Water Walk,in the second map entering in blue teleporter with main hero Corke(offense speciality) met..Sandro with big army.Armaggedon he,1870 damage and hero lost,Sandro have Shackles of War..
Let Town Portal in castles,ban Water Walk anywere,maybe have small chances against necromancers....

kogeT (Copenhagen, Denmark) writes:
09-12-2016 14:21

Map is possible - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi,

Map has already been won by many people, so I won't implement the changes you suggest. AI is becoming worst and worst the longer the game goes and it needs significant boosts to survive. :)

09-12-2016 15:06

Long game struggle - The Devil Is In The Detail

Also, keep in mind that the map is designed to get more difficult the longer you play. So if you're only able to leave your area at month 4-5 you'll face very strong armies already and it may be super difficult to take over extra areas. If you're able to get for example the TP spell relatively early the map immediately becomes much easier.

Catalin writes:
09-12-2016 23:06

TP - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hi.I understand,from hundreds of players trying this map,sure a low percent will have success,is just statistics,like spermatozoon touching the ovule;).Is clear,just with Town Portal can win the map,but Town Portal from what shrine ? I saw in editor are 14 shrines for level 4,more strong guarded and far, and all spells level 4 are...15. So chances to have TP aprox 6%.
To play more hours for 6% chances can be time wasted;).
Is a good map,congratulations, but I said,6/%..
Good luck !

koget (Denmark) writes:
10-12-2016 12:49

TP - The Devil Is In The Detail

TP is only available in shrine - in the mid.

Also, consider playing on lower level of difficulty for better results. I bet that playing on easy would make it more approachable for many. :-) The idea of 200% or "impossible&quo t; is to make the map, well, roughly impossible for most of the players.

Catalin writes:
10-12-2016 17:12

Low - The Devil Is In The Detail

OK,thanks.So,TP shrine have a location.
Will try the map on low level.

koget (Denmark) writes:
10-12-2016 19:31

Shrines - The Devil Is In The Detail

Yes, both Water Walk and TP can only be found on the central island.

Catalin writes:
11-12-2016 10:54

Darkstorn.. - The Devil Is In The Detail

Now with low difficulty Darkstorn comes in under defeating behemots,sure strong army,70 efreet sultan,20 devils,250 cerberi,77 minotaurs kings,etc...
My Crag Hack 11 archangels,other troops on Orrin in islands:)).
No luck with this map,will renonce to play:)).

Catalin writes:
11-12-2016 10:58

Darkstorn..(2) - The Devil Is In The Detail

These in month 3,week 3,day 5,and I liberated quick Catherine,Orrin without spell book:)

Author: Mike (United States), 28-11-2016 18:51
Very hard - The Devil Is In The Detail
I try to beat multiplayer maps on Impossible and without "reloading" ;. However this map is too challenging in that way, unless you get a little lucky with Teal and Pink's behavior. If I kept trying, I think it would be possible with Castle and Archangel cloning.

On the positives, the map can be very challenging on the first few days, especially on Impossible. Halfling huts are very helpful and it's nice to use them strategically. In fact you have to, in order to get wood and ore.

The Admiral's Hat and the Town Portal shrine are crucial stages to this map. I'd probably recommend looking for these in the Map Editor; just exploring blindly will probably not get you them soon enough. It does make for an exciting few days when you get to the stage where you make an attempt at the Town Portal shrine though.

The map is very well designed aesthetically and balanced fairly well across the 6 starting town types you can choose from.

On the down side, you are often at the mercy of the AI in this map. As I say above, if they make certain decisions you will be overwhelmed quickly. If they avoid your main town(s) you might be able to run and hide and survive while accumulating troops.

Author: Landslide (France), 28-11-2016 01:44
Killer map on last update - The Devil Is In The Detail
I've played this 3 times each on different version. First two versions lots of fun though not too difficult. Big suprise on V1.6. Really had to fight for my life at one point. Balancing between upping stats and getting more cities while avoiding teal and pink. Slowly managed to take over the map and finially hit the big AI heroes. Finished M8W2D7 on 200%. So is possible though having already played the map certainly helped. Great accomplishment for an AI that's extremely active and agressive on a Gaint map. We do have to put up with the waterwalk bug as the AI is also flying though makes a bigger challenge. Just one thing: the AI seems to get quite a creature boost but the resource boost isn't enough to cover. The AI cities had hundreds of creatures available. Even pink had cities with 500 vampires and liches + 200 black knights. Only 1 of the necro cities had a dragon vault so I'd advise increasing resource boost.

28-11-2016 11:37

Thank you for a positive comment! - The Devil Is In The Detail

I'm glad you enjoyed the map. As for the creature boosts, I may consider adding extra gold to cover for late months, e.g 6+. When roughly were you able to challenge teal and pink?

Landslide (France) writes:
29-11-2016 17:41

Timing - The Devil Is In The Detail

Beat the biggest teal hero Darkstorn around end month 6. As example in the 3 Dungeon cities total of 130 Black Dragons 450 Scorpicores 700 Minateurs etc. available. Pink biggest hero was Sandro won beggining month 8 but my army was overkill at that point. Again legions of creatures available plus the lack of dragon vaults = severe lack of resources

Author: NW power kurwo (Moscow, Russia), 27-11-2016 14:28
great map - The Devil Is In The Detail
great map by great mapmaker who prepared some maps for top lvl starcraft 2 play in korean leagues!

Author: kogeT (Copenhagen, Denmark), 17-11-2016 11:16
Another update - The Devil Is In The Detail
Hi everyone,

Thanks everyone for downloading and playing my map! I am flattered by the amount of downloads.

The latest version of the map i s1.6 and should be on the site now or very soon. It inculdes significant AI boosts for the increased difficulty level.

Best regards,
koget

Synesthesiac (United States) writes:
26-11-2016 11:04

AI Strength - The Devil Is In The Detail

Has this been beaten on impossible with your new AI strength? I about 5 months in, and I'm making my way around the map. I'm strong enough to beat the lesser AI heroes, but Teal and Pink are running around the map with water walk, and they're completely unstoppable.

Sandro just showed up with stats in the 60s, 1000s of Lichs and Vampires and 500 Bone Dragons. I can't even come close to beating him, or any of the other super strong heroes.

So as I conquer one of the other players, teal and pink come along behind me and take the castles. It's such a big map that I don't know how to keep up. I'm afraid even if I conquer all the other heroes, I'm never going to be able to catch up the big guys, who have no competition and just keep getting stronger.

koget (Denmark) writes:
26-11-2016 13:26

AI Strength - The Devil Is In The Detail

Yes, it has already been won on 200% (also, with citadel)

Synesthesiac (United States) writes:
27-11-2016 22:13

+ - The Devil Is In The Detail

Hmm...Do you suggest going after Teal and Pink early?

Because I'm working my way around the map now conquering everybody else, but I don't see any way to get enough troops to beat their main heroes. They have double my stats and usually triple my troops. Not to mention all of the strong artifacts. With waterwalk it's impossible for me to keep up with them now.

Author: Roboto (United States), 15-11-2016 21:14
Bug Report - The Devil Is In The Detail
Tavern at 233,73 is inaccessible. Not a big deal though. Still playing the map, will provide rating when completed.

koget (Denmark) writes:
15-11-2016 21:45

Thanks - The Devil Is In The Detail

Updated, but will wait with a major map update.

Author: NW Miv (Poland), 14-11-2016 18:42
Very good map - The Devil Is In The Detail
There is no doubt a HUGE amount of work was put into this map. Its high quality is apparent in many ways: aesthetic and visually pleasant design, good usage of adventure map locations, especially the HotA ones (banks, warehouses, water utopias), quests that are not too difficult but still worth doing (some very much so!) and making each of the areas balanced, yet unique, with specific creature banks and a unique imprisoned hero tied to each faction.

The map's pacing is different from most, though. It starts out slowly - the starting areas are very poor gold-wise and the players are initally walled off from one another by heavily guarded garrisons or border guards. That might be not to everyone's taste, yet it is the intention of the author for the gameplay to pick up the pace in the late game - when players have epic heroes and armies.

There's many ways to expand out of each starting zone - invading your neighbors through the garrisons, going on the water to explore the local islands or descending underground. Even though DD and Fly are disabled (a good decision), there are ways to move around the map quicker through some portals/monoliths and Town Portal spell.

The AI-only players have the potential to become quite strong and with some competent human players taking control of the other available factions (with the multiplayer/hot seat intention for the map), I guess the gameplay can be even better. I played solo myself and finished the map at the beginning of month 7. The map provides content for quite a lenghty period of time, without really getting boring (except for the cleanup phase near the end, which is inevitable with only AI players).

All in all, a well deserved 10/10.

Author: Atanas (Sofia, Bulgaria), 09-11-2016 11:32
Good job! - The Devil Is In The Detail
Totally agree with Jiraya - easy map, but interesting.
Thanks for your efforts!
If you allow few recommendations:
reduce artefacts number, more quests and more challenging heroes:)

Mark (Copenhagen, Denmark) writes:
09-11-2016 12:22

Thank you - The Devil Is In The Detail

I agree with your comments. Again, map was by principle designed so you can play with 1-2 friends, balancing out the map significantly (and computers to be there just for fun)

The problem is as below, computers fight against each other so when player gather a significant army he can just roll through the map. Maybe I'll make an alternative version specifically vs computer players, as it was not a design of a map.

As for lowering the artifacts count, I still believe there are not many and most a very low lewel artifacts - do you think that would help?

As for quests, yes I'll consider to add some more ambitious quests at some point. :)

The last idea is to siginificantly strengthen computer players by allowing extra growth of creatures for castels owned by computers, maybe that.

Atanas (Sofia, Bulgaria) writes:
09-11-2016 17:49

Still very good map - The Devil Is In The Detail

Got the idea for the multiplayer, which is really nice! Not many multi maps available. Regarding the artifacts: I removed few times all artefacts from the main hero stash as it was full :(
You can add also some hidden key artefacts, tents or quests :)

Author: jiraya (Germany), 08-11-2016 23:45
Nice job - The Devil Is In The Detail
Nice map. Perhaps a bit easy, but I got a lot of fun. Thanks for this work, giant maps are really cool :)

koget (Denmark) writes:
08-11-2016 23:46

Thanks for playing - The Devil Is In The Detail

Yeah, the problem with AI is.. well, it's AI. And it also fights vs each other making it a FFA where human will always win.

Maybe this should be like all vs human to make it more interesting.. ;) I can't find other reliable ways of making it more difficult..

Author: koget (Denmark), 07-11-2016 22:08
Big update - The Devil Is In The Detail
Hi,

For all you Heroes fans, I just made a major update and the map will be updated soon. Please redownload if you can. :)

Thank you all!

Best regards,
koget

| 1-10 | 11-20 | 21-30 | 31-34 |

Heroes 7 News

Heroes 7 maps

Heroes 7 patch 2.2 now available

Heroes 7 Creatures Fortress

Heroes 7 patch 1.8 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.7 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.6 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.5 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.4 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.3 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.2.1 now available

Heroes 7 cheats

Heroes 7 available!!! - Launch Trailer

Heroes 7 - closed beta 2 now available!

Heroes 7 screenshots

Heroes 7 Elves faction

Heroes 7 Dwarves faction

Heroes 7 Academy faction

Heroes 7 Haven faction

Heroes 7 release date: 29 September 2015

Герои 7 Новости

Герои 7 карты

Герои 7 патч 2.2

Heroes 7 войска Fortress

Герои 7 патч 1.8

Герои 7 патч 1.7

Герои 7 патч 1.6

Герои 7 патч 1.5

Герои 7 патч 1.4

Герои 7 патч 1.3

Герои 7 патч 1.2.1

Герои 7 читы

Heroes 7 уже в продаже - новый трейлер

Новое видео Герои 7 - Бета 2 трейлер

Heroes 7 - Часто задаваемые вопросы - Часть 3

Heroes 7 - Часто задаваемые вопросы - Часть 2

Heroes 7 - Часто задаваемые вопросы - Часть 1

Что из Heroes 3 было перенесено в Heroes 7

Ресурсы в Heroes 7

Герои 7 ответы на вопросы

Герои 7 скриншоты

Heroes 7 Elves faction

Heroes 7 Dwarves faction

Герои 7 Academy faction

Герои 7 Haven faction

Герои 7 дата выхода: 29 сентября 2015

Haps4Heroes.com

Copyright © 1999-2017 All questions and comments please mail to evgkuz@yandex.ru