Author: Наипуш (Россия), 27-04-2024 22:06

Question - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

The author likes the map. I haven't had 40 crystals attacked from the dwarven treasure troves. I had to cheat and redo the save. But there is a question: where can I get a magic cape for a magician's ring? Thank you. more...

Author: LeDuyCuong (VietNam), 27-04-2024 15:25

here - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

=)) more...

Author: Nebel 74 (CZ), 27-04-2024 15:03

Bird of Perception - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

Bird of Perception can be found in the Grave under Derrick.
Dig it in.
more...

Author: Nebel 74 (CZ), 27-04-2024 15:03

Bird of Perception - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

Bird of Perception can be found in the Grave under Derrick.
Dig it in.
more...

Author: Nebel 74 (CZ), 27-04-2024 15:01

thx - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

Hi Sulim, you probably shouldn't let them run around too much, they will mess up your game. Run down on them and defeat them.
Thanks for the Like :)
more...

Author: RXD , 27-04-2024 15:00

thank you - Another Story - Heroes 3 map

Thank you for your valuable comment. I dont think much more can be done about this map. I mean its complete from my point of view at the moment.

Maybe I will start making another one...
more...

Author: Платон мне друг (Latvia), 27-04-2024 13:53

money for nothing - Fawn's Labyrinth {FFA} - Heroes 3 map

Very big and very bad map. Walk, walk, and fight with static armies. Finished after 12 months. Just use map editor and you, ll see how the creator was stupid. Or just dont waste your time... here is no battle vs opps, here is bad challenge to make giant map. Just imagine how much time was spent for more...

Author: Платон мне друг (Latvia), 27-04-2024 13:42

глупость, тупость и лень - Reunification of the Empire - Heroes 3 map

Полностью вас поддерживаю. Хреновые создатели берутся за создания больших карт без сюжета, ресурсов, опыта. Используется лишь десятая или двадцатая часть карты... бесполезные задания, тупики... подсказки на китайском - ржу не могу. Мой пост на Лабиринте фавна удалили, т.к. расписал какая эта тупая б more...

Author: Ventsislav (България), 27-04-2024 12:07

Portishead - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

Where is Bird of perception? I need it for a gate and couldn't find it anywhere... more...

Author: user (Poland), 27-04-2024 12:07

Portishead - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

So far so good. But where I can find Bird of perception ? more...

Author: Sulim81 (Poland), 27-04-2024 02:49

First info - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

So far excellent. A lot of puzzles, which nicely form a chain of events. My first impression is oldschool adventure game, like Legend of Kyrandia or Secret of Monkey Island. I am done for today, I have reached two strong enemy heroes in Lepers' village (released after killing Bernadette) and do more...

Author: Garri , 26-04-2024 19:38

Superb map! - A Wizards Tale - Heroes 3 map

Superb map! more...

Author: Mattias (Sweden), 26-04-2024 16:52

How - Supernatural - Heroes 3 map

Okay I see, thanks mate :) more...

Author: wasilix , 26-04-2024 16:49

- - Supernatural - Heroes 3 map

I might have said wrong dates there, but in general idea is correct. Maybe the date is 1-2-6 if reaching the town in week 1 is really impossible. It's been extremely long time ago when I played this map, so I don't remember many details, but this time limit I remember, because initially I more...

Subscribe to our Telegram Channel "maps4heroes.com" to be the first to receive NEW Maps and News for Heroes of Might & Magic 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2!

How can I support maps4heroes.com ?

YooMoney:
Login / Register on Maps4Heroes.com
Heroes 7 (VII) - Maps Heroes 6 (VI) - Maps Heroes 5 (V) - Maps Heroes 4 (IV) - Maps Heroes 3 (III) - Maps Heroes 2 (II) - Maps

Subscribe to our Telegram Channel "maps4heroes.com" to be the first to receive NEW Maps and News for Heroes of Might & Magic 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2!

Heroes3 - Your opinions about Chaos and Corruption - map rating = 12 Likes

Title:
Type your opinion in the space below:
Your name:
E-mail:

Your vote:
City, Country:
Attach the picture: (Gif, Jpeg)
Download map Chaos and Corruption - heroes 3 mapsDownload map Chaos and Corruption - heroes 3 maps

Download map -> Chaos and Corruption

Heroes 3: Horn of the Abyss

The land has fallen into chaos! Mysterious challengers and dangerous opponents have declared war on each other. You begin as a small, weak nation, but have no choice to build up your power to survive this stuggle and withstand your opponents!

Added: 30-04-2018

Heroes 3 maps: This is legion 10 Ultimate Edit | Tough Decision | Conquest of Heaven and Hell | A Journey

| 1-30 | 31-48 |

Author: wkurwiony (twoja stara), 08-07-2023 17:14
Kebab King - Chaos and Corruption
ty gdzie jest tp? 3/2/7 w kazdym zamku mozliwym zbudowalem t4 dostalem pierdolonego resurrecta 6 razy a tp 0 ty jebany mlocie jak mozesz zrobic mape huge bez tp?

Author: idan, 13-03-2023 22:58 Like
Best map I ever played. - Chaos and Corruption
thank you.

Author: Simon (Deutschland), 19-12-2022 14:48
Update from 19.12.2022 - Chaos and Corruption
Hi, I updated the map and changed some things.

Have fun playing all and thanks a lot to all for the feedback!

Cheers,

Simon

Author: Danos (Romania), 14-09-2022 20:42
Great map with replayability - Chaos and Corruption
- There are plenty of things to do on this map and multiple paths to conquer the enemies. There is suspense, as the enemies can get pretty powerful if they are left unchecked.
- I like the ratio between large landmasses, big and small islands, and water for a more natural feeling. I also like the black underground areas that felt like corruption is taking place over the land and where the main enemy is coming from.
- I enjoyed playing this map, it felt like a story in which the purpose was to get rid of corruption, although it was quite challenging in the begining. I played with Dungeon on 200% and finished in 11 months. First time I got beaten by a red Cultist around month 3, but the second time I prepared by gathering as many minotaurs and hiring Alamar. The rest of the red heroes were tough but manageable. It took a while to defend and expand, but once I found a TP spell it got easy. For defeating the 'bosses' I used both HotA and CotUK on my heroes to raise tons of fangarms and liches, but another good approach would be to recruit the best T7 creatures from all the towns on the map. This is a big map with plenty of two way portals and monoliths and I appreciated that there aren't more than 2 or 3 of the same color, which is useful for defence and for general orientation.
- Things that I didn't really enjoy: There are unpredictable invisible fighting events spread over the map. In my opinion all of them should be placed over a distinct terrain such as Fields of Glory so that the player can expect or postpone such traps. Quests, although plenty, don't seem that rewarding to be worth investing much effort into them.
- Useful tips when playing: Main hero should focus on leveling up primary skills because the enemy bosses are highly skilled. Border Guards can be left in place where possible, as these objects will restrict some movement for the enemies so that they can't develop or attack too fast. Freeing heroes from prisons is well worth early to mid game, they have good skills and could even replace the main hero if necessary.
- I give the Chaos and Corruption map a score of 9 out of 10. Map maker Simon did a very good job indeed. It is definitely entertaining and worth replaying it with the other available factions. The map could be potentially further tweaked for improving the difficulty for veteran players, but in return this may annoy players who prefer a more casual gameplay. That's why I find it a good idea that some factions have a better starting position than others.
Great map with replayability - Chaos and Corruption

Simon (Deutschland) writes:
14-11-2022 13:16

cool thx! - Chaos and Corruption

Hey thanks for your opinions and feedback! It helps me too for my next map! I am gald that you enjoyed playing this map. I was also thinking about updating this map, to make it more difficult to get they powerfull artifacts and spells. Cheers! :)

Author: Marius (United Kingdom), 31-08-2022 20:32
Great Job on doing this Giant map - Chaos and Corruption
Played with Necro, had 6 mains(Isra starting, Windomina week 3/4, Moandor Month2,Sandro Month 2, Clavius Month 2, Tamika Month 3 all levels from 31-39) with 4 Secondary farming skeletons all the time. After getting the castle Tower in the middle with TP and managing to get after a earth and air tome from the utopia was a lot of micromanagement swapping them from the garrison and utilise all of them rotating through.
Was really easy after, I will recommend maybe important spells as TP, fighting 20-30 k AA or something similar, And DD fly fighting 20-30k AzureD in a pandora Box. And ban all tomes and hat on map. Finished on the M5 W4 D1 on Impossible level
Didnt need to acumulate all bonuses for the heroes on the map as the I had 29k Skelo 11k PowerLiches, and 2k Fang.
Will give 8/10 for questing, getting keys, spells, artifacts.
AI development: 4/10, (You can create maybe more available troops available(Double) for them from M2 W1 so they will be more aggresive)
Well done overall for the effort and hope you create something stronger next:)
Great Job on doing this Giant map - Chaos and Corruption

14-11-2022 13:09

THX - Chaos and Corruption

Hi, thanks for your opinion and your feedack! I will take it into account for my next map! Cheers :)

14-11-2022 13:55

hi - Chaos and Corruption

Take into account, that this map is not only for veteran players ment. It is easy to get for example horn of the abyss or cloak if you know where to search. Having these artifacts early is too powerfull on this map. Thats the point. So increasing the AI strenght right away could bring the map out of balance also. Anyway, a certain randomness should stay, so you or your opponents can get lucky in warriors tombs or dragon utopias.

Author: Qboo (Poland), 29-04-2022 23:00
I don't uderstand - Chaos and Corruption
I don't understand why eveyrone are so in love with this map. It has the most annoying mechanics that any H3 map can have. Traps inivisible on the map and the surprise decrease to resources because of something "fabular" makes it inplayable for me.

Author: A U (TR), 13-11-2021 22:03 Like
Great Mapmaking, But.. - Chaos and Corruption
Congrats and thanks to the mapmaker as he has absolutely done a great job in making of the map itself. It is nice and joyful to play this scenario. It has a storyline, surprising events, a rich & huge map and it is quite challenging. One of the best scenarios for sure.

A few points on the gameplay though, rather less positive ones (maybe because I am not an expert) unlike above:

If you are not burying hours into micromanagement, there are some issues which might bug your experience with this scenario, since you get to become at the mercy of the so-called Cultists (Red Flagged AI) at the end of 3-4 months.

Even if you manage to get away from one hero or defeat one hero, another one pops up.

Most of the Red heroes having dozens of high class units (not to mention they come with fully upgraded 30 archangels and dragons in month 3-4), quality traits (logistics, magic, etc.) and high stats (around 25-30s), you would need quite awful lot of micromanagement and several failed plays of the game before you (if) you manage to defeat the red, who colors all the map in several months. Protracted guerilla warfare is not an option because you need huge armies to defeat stacks growing larger every week.

That being said, I am only an intermediate level player; maybe it is quite easier for an expert.

Thanks again for keeping the game alive.

22-03-2022 22:14

Hi - Chaos and Corruption

Thanks for your feedback! Yes this map is not easy for intermediate players I can understand. I am only an intermediate player on my own. But I put a lot of randomness in it so it plays different every time. Also depending on the starting position of course too. Cheers buddy!

Author: alex, 18-04-2021 16:00
cool map - Chaos and Corruption
very nice game and level design

Simon Weingärtner (Berlin, Germany) writes:
26-04-2021 10:23

Danke Diggi

Author: Cave, 09-03-2021 03:58
A very good map - Chaos and Corruption
One of the best maps on the site.
Have played multiple times for different towns.
Thanks!

26-04-2021 10:24

Cool buddy, I am glad you are enjoying my map! :)

Cheers,

Simon

Author: Derr (Bucharest, Romania), 06-02-2021 07:17 Like
Fun map - Chaos and Corruption
First of all, thank you for your hard work, you can see the map was well thought, proded and tested.

This was the first map where I ve used simultanously the cloak of the undead king and hota. Spoiler: it generates fangrams only, which is a bummer.

I saw discussions about the utility of said artifacts and my opinion is that on maps where you have boxed in enemies with large forces, they are a tool in saving time. Otherwise you would just wait months after months scrambling enough troops to defeat them. Granted, there are some tactical solutions for that, such as berserker or hit n runs. All in all, I think it's more important how soon you have access to CoUK or HotA, them being game changers. Too early or too late.

I played as Rampart, my main battle tanks were Tazar, Dessa, Vitamin D and one of the Herolds. Vidomina accumulates liches like crazy. Finished in 112 days, 4 4 7.

It is a beautiful map, well crafted, with a high degree of replayability. Though I found some elements to be unnecesarily complicated or obsolete. For example: a prison accesible through several gates, solid forces, AND being very high level (51 spell power) only to give you unrewarding troops, artifacts you already have and a second hand hero. (Speaking of artifacts, I dont know if you know that in the last installment of HotA, 1.6.1, the useless wizard hat from the past now gives you all 5th level spells. I didnt know either, picked it up at a dragon utopia and used it much, much later.

I also dont understand guarding of key parts from Angelic Alliance or Power of the Dragon Father, the last one being more of a hindrance than an advantage.

I really like that top spells such as TG, DD and fly were not readily available, BUT that they were in the game. It is harder to give access to such spells at a moment where they dont ruin your game, than to remove them altoghether.

Another plus: I managed to explore most of the map, a real feature when there are good maps out there where underground is mostly optional.

All in all, a beautiful map, very enjoyable with a medium degree of difficulty. 9.50/10. Well done!
Fun map - Chaos and Corruption

26-04-2021 10:25

Well done buddy, I am glad you enjoyed it!. Thanks for your comment and your feedback aswell!

Cheers,

Simon

Author: Ivor (Finland), 21-10-2020 21:39
Thank you map maker! - Chaos and Corruption
This map was quite easy to play on 200% difficulty (with safe scumming tho) but regardless very fun map to play. Thank you again map maker!

24-06-2021 09:11

Hi thanks for your feedback. Save scumming is actually an indicator that the map is not that easy for the player. Anyway I am glad that you enjoyed my map!

Cheers,

Simon

Author: Maks, 18-07-2020 16:49 Like
Mr - Chaos and Corruption
Good map, finished in 10m, I liked the random events that sometimes pop up and it seems balanced, although after completing the Cloak and getting the Horn of two separate heroes I snowballed (which is not a bad thing)

19-07-2020 12:59

hello - Chaos and Corruption

Thanks for playing my map! I am glad that you like it. I have heard several opinions about these items (horn of the abyss and the cloak of the undead king). its kind of overpowered. On my further maps i will have an eye on that!

Cheers!

Maks writes:
21-07-2020 15:14

one more think - Chaos and Corruption

I also really like the keymaster tents of various difficulty allowing entrance to better and better artifacts.

Marius Kucas (Lithuania) writes:
29-07-2020 13:40

When will you release a new map ? - Chaos and Corruption

Also I am wondering If you have made some other maps. All I found was Uncommon Enemies do you have any more ?

23-03-2022 12:03

Yes - Chaos and Corruption

Hi yes if you put "Weingartner" in the search field here on this website you can see all maps which I uploaded.

Author: Eddie (United States), 01-07-2020 16:42 Like
Amazing work!! - Chaos and Corruption
Thanks for an incredible map! Lol, not far into it and already looking forward to playing it again. Recently got back into Heroes 3 and wow didn't realize what I was missing. Thanks for all the hard work you and all the map makers do. You guys are why this game still lives on. Looking forward to playing more of your maps and replaying this one many times. Thanks again!!

19-07-2020 12:56

hi :) - Chaos and Corruption

I am glad that you enjoy my map! Have fun!

Cheers!

Author: tbobnar (Slovenia), 14-05-2020 23:30 Like
Thanks for this great map - Chaos and Corruption
Excellent map, I already played it three times.
The third time I played it with a necro and assembled the Cloak of the Undead quite early. I tried a speed run after that and managed to finish the map in 133 days. It does get quite easy if you get the Cloak of the Undead.

Simon (Berlin) writes:
24-05-2020 14:54

hi! - Chaos and Corruption

I am glad that you enjoyed map! 133 days - wow that's fast. How did you manage to get the cloak so fast? Arent the Boots guarded heavily?? Note: Dont play this map with the wog mod because it will change the balance and ai behavior.

Cheers!

tbobnar (Slovenia) writes:
24-05-2020 17:46

Chaos and Corruption - Chaos and Corruption

I don't use WOG, just HOTA + HD.
I assembled the Cloak around day 80, the Boots were guarded by a horde of Dread Knights.
Then it was Angel Wings, map reveal, Book of Air ...
I even assembled another Cloak for another hero by the end.

Simon (Berlin) writes:
25-05-2020 09:29

Awesome! Well done. I will take that into account when building my next map. Thanks for sharing the information.

Cheers!

Author: Jere, 05-03-2020 03:17
Fun - Chaos and Corruption
You can get dimension door by just killing 1000 psych elementals, and with the spell you can bypass all color ports and quickly create the cloak of undead king. This map would me much harder without DD, but very fun to play either way.

Simon (Berlin) writes:
05-03-2020 18:07

Hi. I am glad that you enjoyed the map! Where did you get the spell? Remember not to apply any mods like wog settings or sth like that because it may change the map Balance and the behavior of the ai.

Cheers!

Author: Mike, 10-09-2019 20:40
A few more thoughts - Chaos and Corruption
It's hard to add onto cjlee's great review (which by itself is a great strategy guide for HOMM3 by itself)!

I played Cove as it sounded like it might be the hardest faction on the map. Indeed it is challenging and it was my 4th playthrough in which I succeeded in winning. A few differences between my playthroughs and cjlee's in terms of what I focused on:

1) Evocaius and his Clone ability is critical to win some early battles and accelerate development on Impossible setting.

2) Resurrection is available in town mage guilds, so it becomes a matter of luck to see if you can get it early on.

3) I focused on Castle troops as my secondary troop type, after Cove, due to the Archangel resurrection and Evocaius cloning. This made hoping for resurrection in a mage guild a non-issue. Interestingly I did get Alamar early on in my winning game, and spent a lot of time and resources getting him to Expert Scholar so he could teach Resurrection to my primary hero Evocaius but by then I could clone Archangels so it wasn't necessary.

4) As this map is large and contains all artifacts (often in multiple copies) and all spells, you can pretty much go with whatever strategy you are comfortable with. For me, this means a heavy focus on magic... Earth for Town Portal, Air for Dimension Door 3x per day, Fire for Berserk, and Water for Cure and Clone.

5) The Orb of Vulnerability was huge as it allowed me to always blind my enemies and chain-clone/resurrec t to recover troops.

6) My focus was generally to get resurrecting ability (in this case via Archangels and Clone, but in others it could be via the spell or Animate Dead if necromancer). Then get the Admiral's Hat which enables you to bypass a bunch of obstacles (namely, islands in which there is no Shipyard on an isolated side). From there I could go straight for the Tome of Earth Magic and get Town Portal. After that, it would take a long time to get Dimension Door but I could defend my towns pretty well and accumulate troops while making dents in my opponents armies.

Overall it's a very fun map. It's challenging but it feels much more fair than Devil is in the Detail. In that one, you're basically just hoping the computer doesn't decide to kill you early on... because if it does, there is basically no escape... and you can't even see it coming if you don't happen to have View Air and expert Air Magic.

I'm not a fan of dragons (I hate being unable to resurrect them) but I enjoyed the map so much I might try them next time.

Regarding troops, I did feel with access to all spells and artifacts that I could go with whatever I wanted. I ended up using Cove and Castle, but got some Towers by the end and added in Titans. Almost anything but Conflux is viable though (you get Conflux castles at the very end, typically). It really just depends on what you capture first and how long you have to accumulate troops in your towns.

Anyways, glad I played the map and looking forward to more playthroughs!

04-12-2019 17:19

Thanks for playing it and I am glad you enjoec the map! Also it is nice to read your strategy and good luck with another playthrough next time. Maybe another starting location :) For me, orange was the most difficult! Cheers!

Simon

Author: mr.anonymous (Budapest), 02-08-2019 14:04 Like
newe map? - Chaos and Corruption
Hi Simon,

We have not heard about you from a long time. Did you have a chance to create an another awesome map? :)

22-03-2022 22:23

New map - Chaos and Corruption

Hey guy's! Sorry that it takes so long to create a new big Map. But I can tell you that I can put some more of my time into it now. And I want to continue building it soon! Hope you are still interested.

Cheers, Simon

23-03-2022 12:27

Something more - Chaos and Corruption

The last couple of years I was kind of busy and I had other priorities. I already started building it in the last years but only in small steps from time to time. But like I said I want to put some more time into it now to finish building it.

mr writes:
28-03-2022 15:01

thank you! - Chaos and Corruption

thank you!

Author: Natasha (Kirov, Russia), 07-05-2019 20:14
Dug out my old HMM and played this excellent map! - Chaos and Corruption
Very nice map, one of the best I've ever played. I took me 11 months and 3 weeks.

Beautiful, perfectly organized and sophisticated, with some new insights even for experienced player! Truly unexpected. Deserves the highest rating. Thank you, Author :)

Greetings from Russia.

Simon (Bremen, Germany) writes:
28-05-2019 11:47

:) - Chaos and Corruption

Hey buddy thanks for playing my map, I am glad that you enjoyed it! And thanks for the rating! :)

Greetings from Germany

Author: cjlee (somewhere, someplace), 25-04-2019 21:42
my review - Chaos and Corruption
I have been playing this map. It is great fun, so I thought I’d add my contribution to the reviews and comments here.

Firstly, in answer to the commentators who say that this map is too easy:

1) Yes, it is not hard for an experienced player playing with Rampart or Dungeon as the starting factions.

2) Once you get strong enough, it’s steamrolling all the way except for the boss fights and one or two magic-immune garrisons/ locations guarded by very big armies of Azure dragons or Efreet Sultans. I’m afraid there is no way to properly calibrate the challenge on such a giant map. 180X180x2 levels versus the 36x36 on small maps. I personally think that such huge maps, while awesome, are not as good as proper campaigns where at least you can calibrate the challenge level. This map has nearly about as much territory as the entire Armageddon’s Blade campaign. From the comments, many people took at least a year to complete. (I took under 9 months on both Dungeon and Rampart.)

And this is one of the problems with this map that I feel the need to point out. On small maps, when you get powerful enough to steamroll, at most you fight a few battles before the final confrontation, after which the map ends. On this map, when you get powerful enough to steamroll 95% of neutral stacks, you are only in the second month, which means you still have a lot of easy fights with neutrals ahead of you before the map can be finished.

What is ‘a lot of easy fights with neutrals’? I’m talking about like 900 more easy fights and 90 more a bit less than easy fights. That’s why a G sized map is really quite taxing and time consuming. No matter how easy a fight is, if you want no casualties, you still need some micromanagment, which is why it becomes time consuming. For instance, when playing Rampart, I freed a Necromancer from a prison. Since I had armor of the damned and cloak of the undead king by that point, I let the necro guy run around making Power Liches. But in order to win fights, you need to have the fastest creature which will allow your armor of the damned to have the first strike in casting all these negative spells. So I brought a single archangel along. On autoplay, he was getting killed all the time, so I had to manually play this.

3) It is tremendously draining to play this map. It is so huge and has so many locations and resources of interest and so many portals and pathways and castles and landing points to remember. I wish that in H3 there was a way to remember and locate the portals. It was very difficult to keep track of which castle is where and what to build, because the vast majority of castles were undeveloped when I took them.

Secondly, to answer the concerns that this map is too hard:

This map is not for novices. But it is definitely winnable and definitely playable with Rampart or Dungeon. You don’t need ridiculous calculations or in depth, secret knowledge about certain tactics or unique ways to mess with the AI. This map is not like the ultra difficult Chinese maps where you often need to play certain battles in AI-abusive ways or ways that rely on a combo of lucky events taking place.

Tips for winning if you find it too hard:
1) there are around 50 castles on this map, not including the last few ‘boss’ castles that are not realistically going to be part of your empire and supply you with troops along the way. Do not be too attached to your main castle if the Cultists start bothering you. They are meant to be very difficult to beat in the first few months. You may have to evacuate your main castle and turn into a nomad, or use sacrificial heroes to distract the Cultists, etc.

I certainly used/ abused the dragonnedon strategy on occasion. Rush the enemy, cast armageddon, surrender, and come back later. If the author did not want you to use this very common strategy, he could easily have banned armageddon or equipped the Cultists with shackles of war to stop your main hero from running. But he did not. On both my Rampart and Dungeon playthroughs, I was able to get Armageddon fairly early both from my castles and from an unguarded shrine of magical mystery. (It is also available in the Tome of Fire, but that is guarded by a late-game sized stack.)

Let me stress that it is totally winnable even without using armageddon. I rarely cast armageddon during boss fights. 99% of my armageddon casts were not made against enemy heroes, but neutrals. These battles against neutrals were still winnable, but without armageddon you would have to cast this and cast that and micromanage your troops which takes far more time.

2) while troop conservation is helpful on this map, as on Heroes maps in general, there are different ways to win even if you lose or never succeed in retaining your most valuable troops eg Titans or Archdevils. The mapmaker has wisely given you multiple ways of winning, with at least 3 castles of each faction available, as well as the Horn of the Abyss to help you build a Fangarm army if needed.

So do not worry if in the course of running around and running from your enemies, you don’t get that huge Titan or Black Dragon army accumulated. Even if your army is a hodgepodge of weak mercenaries hired along the way whilst on the run, you can still win by going the Fangarm Farming route. Demon farming and Necro Army accumulation also work on this map, since there are so many huge enemy armies of all kinds to fight.

There are definitely enough neutrals to give you experience and valuable troops. During my Rampart playthrough I decided to do both Fangarm farming and Power Lich farming simultaneously (on two separate heroes), just to see how things would turn out. I would up with 24K Fangarms and 66k Power Liches, and there were still many, many places where the neutrals had not been cleared! Furthermore this was in the 8th month, so if I had taken longer, the nutral stacks would have been bigger and I would have even more Fangarms and Liches!

By far the biggest single area for raising your Power Liches, is the pink area at the bottom of the map where there are three Pink conflux castles commanded by Meteorous. Guarding that area are something like 40 stacks of 4k Elementals each. You can raise 1-1.2k Power Liches per battle, so I probably got like 45k Power Liches fighting all the Elementals and their two Garrisons.

Let me stress that you do not need to bring your Fangarms or Power Liches in order to finish the map. In fact, my last three boss fights, against the Red Inferno God of Blood, the Pink Conflux Meteorous and the Pink Stronghold Dios Rey, I won without bringing these extra troops. Along the way I had already taken so many castles and flagged so many dwellings and grabbed the Statue of Legion and stationed so many additional heroes inside castles with extra pieces of the statue of legion. So I had hundreds of each type of dragons and titans. There was no need to use Fangarms or Power Liches in the boss fights!

3) Unlike on many maps where the terrain or design benefits one faction more than another, on this map there is a diversity of terrains along with very substantial water pathways. You start out as Cove, Rampart, Dungeon or Necro.

And it actually works. The Cove faction is isolated, which makes it hard for you to expand quickly, but it also means your main castle is quite well protected if you are a pirate. And the design allows pirates to launch attacks by sea, which is exactly how the Cove faction looks good for. I’m tired of maps where in order to equalize everybody, we start out in the center of a rectangular map including the port towns of the Cove faction. (There is a HOTA map which is just 9 similar squares featuring 8 factions; I’m sure some people reading this can guess what I’m talking about.)

I’ve always been poor on naval maps, so I did not enjoy my first month as Cove and gave up. I prefer continental maps, and was able to do with Dungeon and Rampart. Although they look so different and are located in very different places and proximities to different opponents, this map seems to be quite balanced. I think four people could actually play it together, although the waiting times in between turns would be quite long!

The diversity of terrains means that you will benefit from having multiple heroes, and that they should develop different skills to take on different challenges faced while empire building. On this map, you can do fine if your main hero is a navigation specialist, and you can also do well if your main hero has logistics without pathfinding (so long as there are other heroes to trudge through difficult terrain for him). My second most powerful hero was Voy the Navigation Specialist, simply because she could travel to new realms and start grabbing xp there!

Diversity and the multiple path nature of each map section means that you can adopt different paths to the same destination. Literally. Each section has 3-4 ways of access. You can come by sea via water walk or ship, you can come from underground, you can come via portal, or you can enter via one of several entrances which are guarded by different quest guards or differently colored gates and guards. That way, you are not restricted to following a specific path or doing a preset sequence of things before you can progress with the map.

In early game, things like town portal and water walk are unavailable. But you get them in mid game. A bunch of locations and scrolls/ teachers (that you can’t access in early game) will offer these. There are also cartographers with suitable guards. You won’t be able to get to the cartographers until at least late-midgame.

In late game it is vital that you can fly. These are accessible via Angel Wings, Spell Scroll, Spellbinder’s Hat, and Tome of Air Magic. I found three of these without difficulty in mid game, and located the Tome of Air Magic in late game, but whether I could actually get hold of these, would require experienced player+decent sized army in mid game, or competent player+big army in late game. It is very good that the mapmaker created so many locations with appropriate guards. You need some degree of redundancy on such a big map, and the mapmaker provided several castles where you can get town portal, at least two keymasters of each color, and multiples of other valuable spells and artifacts. He also provided several cartographers, which is by no means excessive, because most people are not going to be able to take on the 100+ Black Dragons guarding each cartographer until at least the 7th month.

When playing custom maps, especially big ones, it is common to feel lost or worried that you are not making progress because you didn’t do a certain thing correctly. That’s why the mapmaker is right to position important artifacts like Angel Wings, Fly Spell Scroll and Spellbinder’s Hat in reasonably visible locations. Even if you can’t get these right away, you know that these options exist for you to complete the map with, and that you can’t get them early enough so map will not be broken as a result of you having access to spells that others don’t have access to.

Some of the comments suggest a frustration with enemy heroes getting Water Walk in early game. It was also a minor problem for me, because some enemy heroes did harass me. I feel that this harassment is ok if the enemy hero is not too powerful, but I did note that some of the enemy heroes were really quite strong. The strongest Cultists didn’t attack me using water walk amphibious assaults, but if they had, I wouldn’t have been able to finish this map in under 9 months.

The mapmaker has also helpfully put a number of heroes in jails, so that when you release them you get level 30+ heroes that are strong enough to be secondary heroes. These heroes often have scholar and logistics. Normally I won’t consider scholar to be of any use, but it’s great to have secondary heroes with scholar because my heroes never develop scholar, but in mid game onwards we start finding town portal, clone, berserk and water walk at specific locations. (Clone is also available in castles.) Since it is too much trouble to spend a few weeks to send all my heroes to the same locations to learn these spells, having a strong secondary hero (that you get for free) to do this job of being a nomadic teacher is a very good idea.

Thirdly, this map has many options and offers many opportunities to replay. It might be the only heroes map I play for the next few months, since it is so good and so replayable.

Fourthly, let me offer some observations for the endgame:

1) There are certain garrisons that are not worth fighting. Magic immune garrisons really whittle down your army for no good reason. The only magic immune garrison that you must fight on the entire map, is the Efreet Sultan garrison protecting the God of War.

How to defeat that garrison without taking severe losses? You can’t.

The only way is to attack that garrison with loads of trash troops and a fat stack of titans in one corner supported by bow of the sharpshooter. Your titans should be able to take out one stack of Efreet Sultans every turn. Because the AI figures that it is too painful to attack the titans, they hit everybody else instead, especially Nix Warriors because Nix Warriors are mainly defensive and don’t actually inflict much damage on retaliation. I lost hundreds of Nix Warriors this way.

So the rest of your troops should just be cannon fodder trash that has been reproducing quietly in your many castles. Useless troops like Dendroid Guards, Dwarves, Crewmen, pretty much anybody that hasn’t been taking casualties because you don’t want to bring them to important fights.

The Efreet Sultan fight is a reminder to us that no matter how powerful we think we are, HOMM3 offers so many possibilities including ways for the mapmaker to whittle down our forces. It is pretty impossible to avoid melee fights with Efreet Sultans if you have no access to spells. So whatever HP the Sultans have, you can assume that you will lose 1/3 of that after a fight thanks to damage inflicted by Fire Shield.

2) Although there are not equal numbers of castles per faction or equal numbers of resources around each castle, Mapmaker has done a very, very good job. I don’t know how he does it. But you can beat this map using the best troops from any two factions. No faction is particularly hampered in the end game. I have also won crucial boss fights using troops exclusively from one faction, just because I wanted to experiment and see if it could be done.

3) God of War is pretty easy to take down. I took two heroes and 15 stacks with me to the fight, with all my good troops on my squire hero. I was meaning to exchange troops after the Efreet Sultan fight, but ended up assaulting the castle immediately after taking down the Efreet Sultan garrison. So it was my 240+ Titans and 6 other trash stacks versus God of War, and a very easy victory at that simply because I had so much HP on the battlefield. (EG 900+ Dendroid Guards, 2400+ Battle Dwarves, 1700+ Crewmates).

This battle, fought with only 1 good stack and 6 stacks that exist only to block and distract the enemy, was ridiculously easy.

For the first time in my entire heroes gaming career (!) I was awakened to the possibility that because this is a well balanced game played on a well balanced map, you might be able to win boss fights using trash troops! I have played Heroes 3 for more than 20 years, but this is the first time I actually thought about that!

I have never tried taking on the bosses of any map, with troops that I hate to use. In so many years of gaming, I have almost always left Dendroids in their home castle, for instance, to be deployed only for defense. My poor attitude towards ‘trash’ extends to pretty much anybody who is too slow and not very damage-dealing. EG Golems, Crewmates, Zombies, Troglodytes, etc. But this prejudice means that I have fought hundreds and thousands of boss fights, without the use of ‘damage sponges’ (troops with lots of HP to absorb retaliations). So I’m discovering something new on this map!

4) The last boss is Dios Rey in the Dark Fortress. Just go to battle with a pendant of courage (+3 luck and morale) and you’ll be able to overcome the luck and morale reducing event that takes place in front of that castle. As long as you are not hampered by poor luck and morale, the rest of the fight is straightfoward.

I actually did not even have to suffer any luck or morale penalty on my first defeat of Dios Rey. Because when I used Dimension Door (it’s necessary because the Dark Fortress is in a walled off area), I teleported past the morale reducing event without noticing it. It was when exploring that I discovered its existence, and decided to refight this battle multiple times just to experiment with the outcome using different troops and strategies.

Dios Rey has the highest stats of any boss I’ve ever faced. His total stats are around 400! (In battle, he has attack skill 119, which makes up for his lower spell power and knowledge. The stats can exceed 99 because of the presence of the grail in his town, which adds 20 to a defending hero’s attack) I deliberately did not go to war with Armageddon’s Blade or Angelic Alliance because I thought it might make things too easy, but it turned out Dios Rey had Armageddon’s Blade and Orb of Fire and he spammed Armageddon nonstop, doing over 5k damage each turn (I still won without too much difficulty.)

Then I decided to see what would happen if I also had my own Armageddon’s Blade. The result? Both sides are now immune to Armageddon so battle became even easier with him no longer spamming Armageddon and using silly spells like frost ring.

This battle is still winnable without wearing the pendant of courage and suffering bad luck and poor morale every turn.

Interestingly, I found it easier to win this battle using trash troops, because your best troops like Archdevils are easily killed, but trash troops like Dendroid Guards are quite difficult to kill which buys lots of time for me to cast implosion again and again on his Ancient Behemoths.

This battle really drove home the point that at very high hero levels, ‘strong’ troops no longer mean anything because once hero stats are high enough, quantity of troops takes precedence over quality. At level 1, the Archangel is awesome with his 30 attack and defense.

But when your hero has 70 attack and defense, the Archangel in your ranks will have 100 attack and defense.
If the enemy has 99 attack and defense, even his imps will be at 103 attack and defense respectively. That means they have higher attack and defense than the archangel. And since imps are present in such big numbers, they can easily defeat archangels.

This battle also emphasized the power of the Ancient Behemoth.

When fighting at low levels, you don’t tend to notice the Ancient behemoth’s ability to ignore a big part of the enemy’s defense stats. If the enemy has defense 10, it doesn’t really make much of a difference.

But at high levels, when enemy is at defense 90, the Ancient Behemoth’s ability to ignore 80% of that is truly frightening.

Another thing learned was the weakness of Frenzy.

At low levels, Frenzy isn’t a very sharp double edged sword. Adding 10 or 15 to a creature’s attack (by taking 10 or 15 from defense) doesn’t make a dramatic difference. I am neither scared of it, nor do I take the enemy’s Frenzy spell as a must-attack signal.

At high levels, Frenzy is both terrifying and delightful. Dios Rey turned his Ancient Behemoths into Attack 326, Defense 0 creatures, which was terrifying. One blow, and 200+ Gold Dragons die. Delightful, because it was very difficult to kill his Ancient Behemoths previously. But once he Frenzied them, they became incredibly easy to kill. A troop stack that was previously killing 0-2 Ancient Behemoths per blow, suddenly became capable of killing 149 Ancient Behemoths in one blow. In ONE BLOW!

That’s why AI can’t beat the human player. As a human player, I would never cast Frenzy unless it was on my fastest creature and I was sure that I could get this creature to safety once it applied its Frenzied attack. The AI kept Frenzy-ing its Ancient Behemoths when they were surrounded by my stacks, which means that once the AB killed one of my stacks, my other stacks would have a very easy time wiping out this AB stack with 0 defense.

cjlee (somewhere, someplace) writes:
05-05-2019 12:26

finished it on Cove as well - Chaos and Corruption

OK, I have now finished this map on Cove as well. I used Anabel, my favorite pirate hero because she has a pirate specialty.
It took me a while to get going because the pirates start out isolated. I had to get used to the idea that getting on and off a ship takes time, and plan accordingly. But quite amazingly, this map is really quite balanced. Eventually I discovered that there are at least three Seafarer’s hats/ hat sets around!
Even more surprisingly, once I got going, things moved more quickly. I finished on 197 days/ first day of the Eighth Month, a personal record. Dios Rey was no challenge – I beat him with zero casualties, even though he had Cape of Silence (ie can’t cast slow or blind) and Ring of Oblivion (ie no second chances – once your troops are dead they stay dead).

Since winning took so much time, I have no immediate plans to try replaying this on Necro. I’m not a great Necro player anyway. I believe that playing Necro on this map is very difficult unless you can assemble the Cloak of the Undead King and build a Power Lich army.

28-05-2019 11:46

hey - Chaos and Corruption

Thanks for playing this map and for your detailed comments! They are interesting and its amazing that you could finish this map so fast! I think I needed 14 months. I am glad you enjoyed it! Cool that you played it with several starting positions. Cheers buddy! :)

Author: mr.anonymous, 22-12-2018 17:26 Like
new map - Chaos and Corruption
Please let me know once it is done please! :)

Author: Simon (Bremen, Germany), 17-12-2018 14:45
i want to start in the beginning of next year. maybe even this month. lets see :)

Author: mr.anonymous (BUDAPEST), 08-11-2018 15:35 Like
new map request :) - Chaos and Corruption
I'm waiting for your next map. When will you create one? :)

24-06-2021 09:14

Hi! I made another map by the way. It is only a small sized map and the playstyle is completely different than from this one but if you want you can give it a try!

Greetings!

mr.anonymous (Hungary) writes:
24-06-2021 14:18

thx - Chaos and Corruption

Hi,

thanks, I'd prefer a bigger map, but give a try, let's upload it! :)

Simon Weingärtner writes:
24-06-2021 14:34

Yes bigger maps will come. But this is an adventure map. So something different and it is already uploaded. Have fun!

mr.anonymous (Hungary) writes:
24-06-2021 15:22

thx - Chaos and Corruption

Yes, I saw it, will try, thank you again!

Author: Simon (Bremen, Germany), 08-11-2018 15:27
thanks a lot for you feedback! glad you enjoyed the map :)

Author: Iceman (Netherlands), 13-10-2018 12:38 Like
Great - Chaos and Corruption
Finally completed this map. Took me a lot of time, around 15 months or so and didn't put the difficulty very high (I'm not a very good player). Awesome map and thanks for your work.

08-11-2018 15:25

hey hey - Chaos and Corruption

thx for your feedback buddy! I am glad you enjoyed it! :)

Author: kickers (poland), 29-09-2018 20:22
good job - Chaos and Corruption
thanks bro, this map is very good, I had very nice time during playing.
If I can give some feedback, just some of AI heroes, didn't do their jobs, for example, one high tier hero left hes castle, and froze at azure dragon generator, he stays like this few days, so it was easy kill, to bad couse at hes castle was graal, so he would be much harder to defeat if he stays there

08-11-2018 15:26

hello! yes thanks for your feedback, it is good to know. sometimes these things happen in heroes 3 i think in complex maps unfortunately but i am glad you still enjoyed the map! :)

Author: Ink (Ελλάδα), 12-08-2018 19:31
silly question - Chaos and Corruption
i'm done with all the opponents but it seems there is still one i cant find...the pink one. I guess is something obvious but after 2 days of playing even the obvious seems to be difficult in this map LOL The map is great and i really enjoyed the hide and seek with the bloody god. I played with cove but the necros with the cloak in the middle of the game made it easier. Cant wait for your next man man!

14-08-2018 20:29

Hello! I am glad that you enjoyed my map! You should use dimension door, to explore the last parts of the map :) then i think you will find the enemy.

martin (Prague) writes:
20-08-2018 19:17

View Air - Chaos and Corruption

You could also use View Air to locate Pink and its heroes.

Author: mr.anonymous (Budapest), 08-07-2018 09:39 Like
best map ever - Chaos and Corruption
Hi bro,

thanks for all of your efforts to create this awesome map... this is the best map what I have ever seen..

Simon Weingärtner (Bremen) writes:
22-08-2019 17:14

yes I plan to build a new map :) I have become a father recently so I spend a lot of time with my son now. But have patience.

Cheers!

mr.anonymous (Budapest) writes:
26-08-2019 10:43

:D - Chaos and Corruption

Hi,

yes, me too. Heroes 3 would be our rest with my wife :D
Take care!

mr.anonymous (Budapest) writes:
10-04-2020 17:56

new map query - Chaos and Corruption

HI Simon,

could you please let me know that did you have a change to create a new map? :)

Simon (Berlin) writes:
11-04-2020 12:30

I already started with my new map. It will come out this year. I was kind of busy the last months. So I will let you know! Greetings :)

24-06-2021 09:17

Hi I made another small sized map. You can give it a try and give me your feedback! It is called "A small Adventure".

Greetings!

Author: Yuriy (Kyiv), 08-06-2018 00:24
great map - Chaos and Corruption
Thank you

08-11-2018 15:27

:)

Author: Simon (Bremen, Germany), 31-05-2018 23:37
yes thanks buddy for the advice. for the case with the guardian. he comes not everytime to the rampart town so i think that will be fine. dungeon is really hard yes, i may find a way to make things a bit more easy but i think maybe i will chang the path a bit so that the cultist doesnt encounter the orange town everytime. also sometimes the cultist goes another route so orange can evolve ans also orange has the one way monolith which leads to other cities. the horn must be protected better or replaced to another location ineed bro! maybe purple and brown border guard or even white or black. and yes undead need some nerfs depending on the items location and towns. cheers buddy!

Author: gorsh, 30-05-2018 19:30 Like
More suggestion/fixes - Chaos and Corruption
So I changed AI's character and played some more for every castle.
General problems are:
1) Guardian from tower comes full force at rampart through his entrance then by sea. Unstopable, that's why AI dies so often too. I closed him with red post and it solved that.
2) Dungeon is hard mode as is without demon farming. But even with demon farming Cultist just find green tent too often and destroy you. Even after I banned TP and it stopped their 1 day water walk surprise attacks, problem with them opening green post (which is so close to main castle) persists. Again, unstopable when it happens, cape to prevent low lvl casts, massive amounts of dragons at the start of 3rd month. Haven't fixed that yet but I think it's pretty obvious they should be contained by something more than just green post.
3) Horn entrance should be moved away from Necro's second. Calm place, too easy for them to get both Horn and Cloack. You can survive even if you lose your main castle, which is very unbalanced...
4)... compared to Dungeon. Dungeon got backdoor to main, heavily guarded 2/3rd dungeon (not by stacks but by Guardian too) and it's in very active place. 2nd castle is blocked by attack/defense quest, while Necros's 2nd is the easiest 2nd castle by far. Even prison hero for Dungeon is with Specialty that you often have on your regular hero. Necro got 2 sick heroes in prisons, one with Adm. hat that is super tough to come by. Necro got purple tent somewhat out of reach and still it's in natural progression if his way and in the sweet spot to farm with Necromancy. Meanwhile Dungeon got Church locked behind tents that are on the other side of planet with couple of sea travels minimum. Imo it's all can be fixed with debuffing Necro's 2nd easy castle island. Calm corner with tent, Stronghold and Utopia and entrance to Horn and entrances to easy Fortress+hydra stack and 2 easy prisons? Way to good. Horn entrance should be somewhere on that lava area from previous post or in place of random undead castle in seas that's behind every tent.
5) Island north of that Undead's easy one with light blue broder and 2 "random" camps + lonely weak guardian is pretty strange. Outside of undead getting his important item there, wtf is that. Maybe move some good stuff from Necro paradise island there and make Guardian much stronger.
I will make all these for myself, hopefully it will help others or in case you're looking to update map. Cheers!

| 1-30 | 31-48 |

Heroes 3: Horn of the Abyss 1.6.1 - Download Section

Heroes 7 News

Heroes 3 map: "Atlantic Revolutions"

Heroes 3 New map: "1797:Northern Italy campaign"

Heroes 7 maps

Heroes 7 patch 2.2 now available

Heroes 7 Creatures Fortress

Heroes 7 patch 1.8 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.7 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.6 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.5 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.4 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.3 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.2.1 now available

Heroes 7 cheats

Heroes 7 available!!! - Launch Trailer

Heroes 7 - closed beta 2 now available!

Heroes 7 screenshots

Heroes 7 Elves faction

Heroes 7 Dwarves faction

Heroes 7 Academy faction

Heroes 7 Haven faction

Heroes 7 release date: 29 September 2015

Haps4Heroes.com

How can I support maps4heroes.com ?

YooMoney:

Copyright © 1999-2024 All questions and comments please mail to evgkuz@yandex.ru

Privacy Policy