Author: 32167 , 29-04-2024 21:23

assumption - The Devil Beneath You - Heroes 3 map

Sulim, hello! It seems to me that without Artillery it will be much harder to deal with blue. Then you could change the main hero :) more...

Author: Sulim81 (Poland), 29-04-2024 20:08

Question - The Devil Beneath You - Heroes 3 map

Hello gentlemen, short question - shallI I pick Artillery skill from the witch hut close to home town? I didnt do it and dunno know if this skill is necessary to win map, just like resistance. more...

Author: 32167 , 29-04-2024 15:45

Very nice map - The Devil Beneath You - Heroes 3 map

OMG, it's just an amazing map! more...

Author: 32167 , 29-04-2024 15:40

:) - The Devil Beneath You - Heroes 3 map

I decided to continue my first attempt. The main thing was to start the battle with the blue first! Next was a matter of technique (and magic). I’ve come a long way since that victory. Really enjoyed the fight against Ordwald. I couldn’t get through this fight without losing. I’m thinking how to dea more...

Author: Valeri , 29-04-2024 09:44

Quest Gate - Vagabonds - Heroes 3 map

Go straight south and don't flag the mine and warehouse of mercury. There is a quest gate that will only let you pass and you will be safe from Bernard. more...

Author: N , 29-04-2024 09:25

I'm stock at the begingn - Vagabonds - Heroes 3 map

I'm stuck at the beginning, how to solve the first quest. I try to run away from Bernard, but I don't understand where.. he catches me as soon as his path is blocked after 2-3 turns more...

Author: Heroes 3 Guy (United States), 29-04-2024 04:27

The Devil Beneath You - Heroes 3 map

Hey there! Thanks for playing my map! Figuring out how to defeat the blue player can be tricky! Let me know how your next playthrough goes! Best of luck! more...

Author: 32167 , 29-04-2024 01:58

:) - The Devil Beneath You - Heroes 3 map

My first attempts was met with failure... Although I was able to capture the blue player’s castle and its surroundings.
I got the idea at the start and the main timelines. I’m gonna try to replay this map next weekend with all due seriousness.
more...

Author: Максим (Moscow), 29-04-2024 00:47

Your opinions about Архипелаг Энрот (Archipelago Enroth) - Архипелаг Энрот (Archipelago Enroth) - Heroes 3 map

Спасибо, мне понравилось. more...

Author: ZoleS (Magyarország), 29-04-2024 00:40

Industrialization of Degoth - Masters of Degoth - Heroes 3 map

...under contstruction... more...

Author: Abazaba (United States), 28-04-2024 23:48

wood - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

Yep! Thanks! more...

Author: Sulim81 (Poland), 28-04-2024 23:06

:) - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

Thanks, I thought it is poor result as I am not speedrunner. Actually it was 4th week of 19 months, so almost 20 :) more...

Author: Nebel 74 (CZ), 28-04-2024 23:04

Ring of Conjuring - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

Next to the harbor (requiring Necklace of Ocean Guidance), there are three fake Mansions, you have to enter them, then you will get the Ring of Conjuring. more...

Author: Nebel 74 (CZ), 28-04-2024 22:58

:) - Portishead - Way Home - Heroes 3 map

Well, it's a great time, for the fact that you don't know the map. I played it 3 times and my best time was 20 months.
I'm glad to hear that everything is set up ok, of course I'd like to make more complex maps, but this one was supposed to be fun and not elaborate and flustered
more...

Subscribe to our Telegram Channel "maps4heroes.com" to be the first to receive NEW Maps and News for Heroes of Might & Magic 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2!

How can I support maps4heroes.com ?

YooMoney:
Login / Register on Maps4Heroes.com
Heroes 7 (VII) - Maps Heroes 6 (VI) - Maps Heroes 5 (V) - Maps Heroes 4 (IV) - Maps Heroes 3 (III) - Maps Heroes 2 (II) - Maps

Subscribe to our Telegram Channel "maps4heroes.com" to be the first to receive NEW Maps and News for Heroes of Might & Magic 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2!

Heroes3 - Your opinions about The Empire of the World II -Era Edition - map rating = 14 Likes

Title:
Type your opinion in the space below:
Your name:
E-mail:

Your vote:
City, Country:
Attach the picture: (Gif, Jpeg)
Download map The Empire of the World II -Era Edition - heroes 3 mapsDownload map The Empire of the World II -Era Edition - heroes 3 maps

Download map -> The Empire of the World II -Era Edition

Heroes 3: In the Wake of Gods + Era

This is the adventure of Maximus. A warrior from Rome. He was banished from his homeland. He went away by sea. The ship sank. Maximus was the only survivor. He woke up on a beach with no memory of what have happened. Now Maximus must find his way back to Rome.

Added: 29-01-2018

Heroes 3 maps: Portal's | Ragnar's quest The search. | Vampir contra Angel III | Isle of Element's

| 1-30 | ... | 121-150 | 151-180 | 181-210 | 211-240 | 241-270 | 271-300 | 301-311 |

Author: Alex (Bucharest, Romania), 22-10-2016 20:06
Novice - The Empire of the World II -Era Edition
Haven't played H3 for ages, recently discovered WOG & Era, played few maps that were too easy, and wanted something challenging. Took this map, got to Prince John & King Arthur, but they are chopping me. Also, got there in month 5, that I'm guessing its a bit late. So, decided to read here and restart the map. Played the Gurad battle at least 20 times, with tent and balista, various strategies. On hard think its impossible to me. On normal I still can't find a way to beat him. How did you pulled that one? Also, the armor of the damned looks pretty hard to keep. I'll try to see if I can. Now I'm trying to kill the first green dragons without losing too much army, also challenging to keep all men around.

Author: Dan (Belgium / Roumania), 15-10-2016 21:13
Where to go? - The Empire of the World II -Era Edition
I got God of air, and 3rd heaven castle.
Only 2 quests available:1 with statetesman, diplomate ring and sash and 2nd with blackshard of the dead and 3 other items. Or need also black tent or dark blue to get Machina Tower.
Where to go please? What did i missed?
Thx :)

Dan (Belgium / Roumania) writes:
15-10-2016 21:15

and 2 some more quest - The Empire of the World II -Era Edition

Ah..also Titan Master quest available and Vial of Dragon Blood

Valery (Lyon, France) writes:
15-10-2016 21:32

+ - The Empire of the World II -Era Edition

I changed nothing to original map paths so is same. Probably you missed some hidden path, check in editor.

Dan (Belgium / Roumania) writes:
16-10-2016 09:35

Oke - The Empire of the World II -Era Edition

Pff...i was in hurry to play the map and didnt read carrefully about your contribution to it. Now i found the solution following original map discutions.
Thx anyway. Btw...your scripts unfortunately are giving addictions!:p Good job like usual! Map working with no error, flawless! :):):)

Author: Nicolas, 14-10-2016 04:03 Like
reply - The Empire of the World II -Era Edition
1) firstly, the clone "glitch" that you mentioned is exactly like using code cheats. secondly, this "glitch" almost always will also make the game crash. in my game on the map (look at my comment above) i proposingly put all my units in all battles in positions that this "glitch" can not happen as to not cheat and less crashes.
2) god of earth is very easy to do in ouch, even only with the clone ability, just blind sharpshooters and get rid of the dragons early. i do not know regarding "before month 4", but in my game (look above) i got to god of earth in mid game (like month 5) and i already had clone, no return, attack and return, immunity 3 and if i remember good also double strike. it was very easy to do it in ouch (god of fire was much more difficult because of the fire shild). for sure only with clone it will be much more difficult but it is possible. maybe if the battle was in a castle it was impossible, but outside and without turrot it is not so tough, just evade the dragon attack.

Author: N/A (Bg), 12-10-2016 18:13
yep - The Empire of the World II -Era Edition
Sure if he have No Ret and AR it is completely different thing. All you need then is time to do same thing over and over again. However before 4th month you can have at best Clone. Around 600 mithril from fights and 100 at best from elsewhere. Still 300 short for AR, and a lot more for No Ret. Only with Clone this fight is impossible, or winnable only with Clone glitch. There are cases when enemy is not atacking at all after some Clone overlapping - happaned to me. Reproduced it several times at Genghiz Khan fight. Most likely could be used for all fight where AI have one major stack. Anyway with this glitch, such fights could be done on Ouch regardless of the army, but is pretty much meaningless.

Author: Valery (Lyon, France), 12-10-2016 00:39
I think is not about time that is about the choice of battles difficulty. If you do a few OUCH early, you get tons of mithril, so you can unlock advanced features for angels.

With attack and return and no retaliation, God of Earth is a different fight than without, and this with same army numbers.

But doing OUCH takes a lot of time, trials and fails, so is up to everyone to see how much he wants to invest in. Personally I am too lazy to spend on a battle more than 10 minutes so I fought them all on easy :)

Author: Nicolas, 12-10-2016 00:00 Like
i do not think that in this map (on ouch) there is much diffrence if you finish in month 7 ,8, 9 or 10 or 12. that is because in OUCH the AI forces are like 100 times bigger then yours and so it really does not matter if you have 2000 pretorians or 4000 or 6000. the only reason that these battles are winables is only because the special abilities of the pretorian, otherwise you have no chance at all. even with the special abilities you need to think very hard how to win the battle as every error is fatal (for example: in the cesser battle you are just dead if 1 magic of the ferie dragons hit you). the way to do all battles on ouch is to get early all the special abilities.
regarding the guard: i really even did not think to do it otherthing then easy as i had only one pretorian.
regarding king arthur: i could done him on hard but losing many units in the process and so i prefered do it in normal. i hate using even 1 unit. i finished all the map without losing 1 unit. but king arthur is very tough battle for this stage of the game.
i also do not like to rush "quest" maps like this one. in contrary, in "regular" maps when you have to defeat all enemies i always rush it to the maximum and trying to finish as soon as possible. my record in points is 498. never managed to get 500, even in 2 XL maps that i finishd in 20 days and 40 days (each of those i got 498).

Author: N/A (Bg), 11-10-2016 17:54
z - The Empire of the World II -Era Edition
Yep, my mistake about this. Anyway, killing Earth God on Ouch before 4th month is the main thing I can't accept that is possible.

Author: Nightshine, 11-10-2016 04:34
Time - The Empire of the World II -Era Edition
I asked, because you said nobody's beaten your score and I wanted to see if it could be comparable with ours. But I don't know how much difference those months would make when it comes to the later battles. We beat Caesar at 7/3/5, completing all of the quests, but obviously rushing it at the same time :)

From the ones early, we beat you at The Guard and Arthur. So that's something! But we did a bunch less on Ouch than you later on from what I see.

Author: Nightshine, 11-10-2016 04:31
Tent - The Empire of the World II -Era Edition
Like I said above, Summon Boat is set to be available in the 2nd castle, but we didn't use the spell early anyway. You don't need the green tent to get the book of Earth and the Resurrection. You only need the Crown.

Author: Nicolas, 09-10-2016 23:14 Like
i always talk about that with Valery. i never try to "rush" the "quest" maps (maps with storytelling) as Valery knows very well. this map was no different and i was serching in every corner without pressure.
the time that i killed cesser and finished the map was 10 months. if i would have try to "rush" the map i could have finished it (with exactly the same difficulty) in 8 or 8.5 months.
i did all AI heroes in chronological order, without jumping on one hero and then returning back.
All battles i finished without losing even one unit and as in all battles the numbers where overwhelming for the computer side (like the AI army was at least 20 times bigger then mine) it really did not matter if i had 2000 pretorians or 4000 pretorians. you need to do the battles using your head (NOT in brutal force, as force to force you will be smashed in one second).

Author: Nightshine, 05-10-2016 14:01
Time - The Empire of the World II -Era Edition
At what month/week did you finish the map?

Author: Nicolas, 03-10-2016 21:58 Like
1) using the new code that you sent me for the pretorian crash, everything worked fine until the end. there where some accidental crashes (mainly when the automatic clone covers other unit). but when you reloads it is not crashing again.
2) as i mentioned i reached to the end exactly in level 88, but it was just the limit as there where less then 100,000 experience to next level (which is zero). but i played with caution and except of the first 6 trees of knowledge (in the initial zone) i did not take anymore trees. i think that it will be good idea to put limit on level 74 in every map (also in TEW3).
3) I think that some of the new tactics that i used here can be also useful in TEW4. i only once played a little in TEW4 until the battle of AJIT, so basically i do not know anyting in this map. i will try to finish it on first try on hell mode which surely be some achivment...

Author: N/A (Bg), 03-10-2016 21:44
- - The Empire of the World II -Era Edition
Without Summon Boat you can't get green tent before Robin Hood. And how exactly you fight Robin Hood with Resurection, when you didn't kill God's yet for which you need green tent? Without Resurection and/or Clone there don't know how you will even kill 4000 Grand Elves(even if you do, you will lose most of the army), as they are blind immune, besides paralizying them on every hit with the Commander after Champions hit(which is possible, but total luck abuse). On every missed paralyze, 1 major stack is either dead or reduced a lot. Don't think you can kill even 1 stack of the Air Elements(around 1800 if I remember correctly) with this army at God of Water, anyway it is possible with Clone for AA if you supposedly killed Robin Hood on Hard or Ouch. But God of Earth with 3500 dragons is way too much for 77 AA 96 Champ, etc. even with all upgrades on them. On every hit 2 stacks are dying if they are protecting AA, not to mention that you can't hit them with AA before sacrifycing another stack. Even with Clone, after 5-6 rounds tops you are dead - the same if they hit AA who are their primary target. And for sure you can't kill 3000 Dragons for 5 rounds with this army.

Author: Valery (Lyon, France), 03-10-2016 21:42
Ah I will add also an object which will freeze you at 74, because I never played all battles on ouch, so I don't want the player to have the 88-->0 bug.

Author: Valery (Lyon, France), 03-10-2016 21:41
tew 4 does not have a physical time limit, but on hell the AI gets bonuses every month, so after 8th month it becomes almost invincible, thus the "time limit".

but I am a lazy player so after your result here, you will surprise me on tew4 too.

I will release a last version of tew2 where there is the fix for angels dialog then I will add an object where you can buy for extra mithril all castle troops (except angels obviously).

Example: 4 archer/1 mithril, 1 champion/1 mithril

So the extra mithril you had now will have a purpose, not just staying for nothing. Thanks for giving me the idea.

Author: Nicolas, 03-10-2016 21:18 Like
i liked TEW 3 a lot, except for the overflaw experince bug in HARD mode. maybe now i will run it again and take less trees of knowledge and see if i can reach to the end without passing level 88 (here in TEW2 i just reached the end on level 88, but one more battle and i pass another level and directly to level 0).
I also think that i will play in TEW4 after that. i do not like too much the inferno castle but need to do it. just when i play in TEW4 on hell mode there really is a time limit, no?

Author: Valery (Lyon, France), 03-10-2016 21:08
Well, lets not forget that the map is Kispalko's map, I only added scripts and changed the armies to fight, because the original was ridiculous easy (released in 2001!)

And of course, I won't do this work for other map, unless the designs is exceptional as this one.

The following maps, tew3 and yew4 are entirely designed and scripted by me.

Author: Valery (Lyon, France), 03-10-2016 21:04
I mean the crashes dues to that angels dialog. I found a fix but requires new release.

Author: Nicolas, 03-10-2016 21:03 Like
replay - The Empire of the World II -Era Edition
i did not mean to say that the map is easy. some battles are very easy (as i detalied before), but there are some battles that on OUCH are very difficult and very long. some battles took me more then 3-4 hors where you have to move and do everything perfectly and every little mistake and you lose the battle completely.
As i said before: on OUCH this is the most difficult and most chalanging map i ever played. i had to think very hard on how it is possible to win some of the battles as on first look some battles seem totally impossible. but after that i thought deeply and invent some crazy stratgies that i never used before (in all my 20 years of heroes experience...) i managed to finished them all on OUCH.
i think this map is the best, because it is just in the ultimate limit. if you try to make the map a little harder then it will become really impossible.
Just what you can do harder is the last battle: 600,000 feiry dragons are a lot but if you know how to do it then it become too easy.
also another use for mithril will be good. i finished with more then 10,000 unused mithril.
anyway, you did here very good job. i like a lot your ideas on this map (comparing to the original SOD map).

Author: Valery (Lyon, France), 03-10-2016 20:45
Thanks for detailed review, is clear that I got older, senile, and map is too easy, with such many people playing almost all battles on ouch :)

Impressed.

Author: Nicolas, 03-10-2016 19:14 Like
very good map, i doubt anyone can top my performance - The Empire of the World II -Era Edition
just finished the map on first try without losing even one unit from begining to end. very very good map and the most difficult and challenging i ever played. difficulty of battle specified below:
1) The guard - easy.
2) Robin hooh - ouch.
3) God of water - hard.
4) brother tuck - hard.
5) prince john - hard.
6) king arthur - normal (toughst battle in the game).
7) dwarf master - hard.
8) wystan (wyverns) - hard.
9) guard lugasos grave - ouch.
10) arjuna (dragon flies) - hard.
11) shemgal kahn (nomads) - ouch.
12) ganghis kahn - hard.
13) nagash - ouch (very easy).
14) god of earth - ouch.
15) barbarian 1 (orcs) - ouch.
16) barbarian 2 (ogres) - ouch.
17) xyron - ouch (masterpis of fight, very tough).
18) cyclops king - ouch (masterpis of fight, very tough).
19) kilgor - ouch (very easy battle).
20) lost soul 1 - ouch.
21) lost soul 2 - ouch (masterpis of fight).
22) god of fire - ouch (very tough, 6 hours battle).
23) ash - ouch.
24) sandro - ouch.
25) nosfartu - ouch.
26) tazar - ouch.
27) merlin - ouch.
28) viking - ouch (very easy).
29) guard (gargolys) - ouch (very easy).
30) the mage (genies) - ouch.
31) titan master - ouch.
32) the terrible (rust dragons) - ouch.
33) naga queen - ouch (masterpis of fight).
34) conflux king - ouch (masterpis of fight, very tough).
35) brissa - ouch (masterpis of fight, very tough).
36) god of air - ouch (very easy).
37) fiur (scard phonix) - ouch (very easy).
38) death god - ouch (very easy).
39) dragon king - ouch (masterpis of fight, very tough).
40) xarfax (devils) - ouch (very easy).
41) pyre (hell barons) - ouch (very easy).
42) ingham (hell hydras) - ouch (easy).
43) tyris (enchanters) - ouch (masterpis of fight, very tough).
44) nero - ouch (very easy).
45) cesser (600,000 ferie dragons) - ouch (very very easy, shuold have been tougher final fight).
- finished al level 88.
- already had all the special abilities of the pretorian after god of fire.
- finished with pretorian growth of 55 per week in each castle).
- only disapointing thing is that there is no other use for mithril as i had no use for it after god of fire.
- i really do not think that someone can top this performence. if i was willling to lose some units (like argcers) i could have done also KING ARTHUR on hard, but the point of my game was to finish without losing even one unit.

Valery writes:
15-02-2019 11:53

The funny thing is that I put ouch difficulty there so really good player can tell me how can be done, not to ask me how to do. Most of fights myself can't do them in ouch mode. Is optional, don't pull your hair for that.

Wundorn (Washington, USA) writes:
19-02-2019 05:24

Reproducing results - The Empire of the World II -Era Edition

Yes, I know ouch isn't the standard. But it bugs me that I can't reproduce other players' results. Especially when they have a video up...

I've been away and haven't tried Xyron or GoF since I last posted. I'm going to try again soon... I really want to know what the heck is causing Xyron's mobs to come out when I have no shooters. This is really driving me nuts.

20-02-2019 07:35

This is nuts - The Empire of the World II -Era Edition

What am I missing? I experimented by dismissing my commander, the only shooter I had. I removed the ammo cart and ballista. My only armies were 442 Praetorians, 436-1-1-1-1-1-1. Whether I block the magogs with clones or not, the efreets and devils still come out and slaughter my Praetorians. Sometimes they only come out on the second turn, and sometimes on the first turn they fly out to "visit" my Ps without hitting them. But always, by the second turn, it's a massacre.

Yes I know this is not necessary to play the game. I'm just going nuts trying to figure out how I'm doing things differently. I can't imagine what it could be. :-(

Valery writes:
20-02-2019 12:09

Go on my youtube chanell and search for HEROES III Wake of Gods Era II map Ice Arrow, Dark lord battle, it shows such pattern. but again, there is no 100% safe solution to always have AI not moving, if it was that way, all game would have been super easy

13-03-2019 02:35

Got it! - The Empire of the World II -Era Edition

In case anyone's reading this and wondering the same thing... Adam identified the problem: If AAs have all-around, the enemy will come out. The only way to do this on ouch then is with the commander standing next to blinded magogs. Check much more recent posts for his description.

Author: Nightshine, 03-10-2016 12:24
Crashes - The Empire of the World II -Era Edition
Less crashes is obviously always great, but compared to other maps this one worked flawlessly. Had like 3 crashes total? Unrelated to one another and non-reproducible. And before that I crashed due to those clone issues where 2 wyverns shared a hex :)

Author: Valery (Lyon, France), 03-10-2016 10:37
Yes is possible, more fights you play on ouch/hard early game, faster you can complete the map then, because all fights are tested on easy.

In the updated version (to prevent crashes) I will send soon, I will make impossible to keep the armor of the dead. I wanted it to be removed by quest but people found a way to keep so it screws my plans.

Author: Nightshine, 02-10-2016 21:15
No joke! - The Empire of the World II -Era Edition
I believe 2nd castle has summon boat by default, but I don't think we used it in this time.

We defeated God of Water on 2/4/6 after beating Robin, we had the first Archangel upgrade bought.

Our army was: 42 archangels, 13 gold dragons (those from under the spring joined us), 50 champions, 115 zealots, 150 crusaders, 247 griffins, 453 marksmen.

We also had Armor of the Damned (hero level 34), slow and curse cast in one turn were a big help. AFAIR We blocked the top shooters and zerged the bottom one. Slowed elementals could be kited, we also utilized Commander's paralyze skill, but we didn't reload endlessly for some crazy RNG. I applies quite often.

Alas, that fight was quite a long time ago so I don't remember the exact spells/positioning we used. Especially since it took some trial and error to find a viable tactic. It was a very difficult battle to do on Hard at that point in time. We lost the dragons here and utilitized resurrection to pick the rest of our guys up.

God of Earth [on 3/3/2]
Army: 77 archangels 96 champions 181 zealots 234 crusaders 480 griffins 760 marksmen
Hero: lvl 43

Blinded one sharpshooter and paralyzed the other stack (blinded next round). In this case, if paralyze didn't hit in the first round a reload was necessary. After that, the dragons were the only real issue, but with this army and hero they were manageable. Elementals got a treat of quicksand and kept being distracted by clones/randomly rezzed units. Archangels were the key, as always, and they had a living wall of units surrounding them to make it impossible for dragons to roast them while they were too dangerous.

We had 3rd mithril upgrade on the archangel at that time.

Author: N/A (Bg), 02-10-2016 20:33
Joke? - The Empire of the World II -Era Edition
Dude I would really like to see how you are taking on God of Water and Earth even on Easy before 3rd month. Not to mention on Hard and OUCH. I am pretty sure you don't have money/army for whatever chain there. And the fact you need Summon Boat(which is not always given in 2nd castle), to skip on the mapmaker idea and enter hall of the Gods before fighting Robin Hood. The only possible way I can think of this possible is Commander to Paralyze on every hit, and even then I am not completely sure it is possible.

Author: mak (Slovenia), 29-09-2016 17:05 Like
tazar - The Empire of the World II -Era Edition
Thanks for remake of this map!

I just observed wird bug. Tazar invades, i attack him. But i notice that my pretorians don t do any damage. Well, to be precise, they do a total of 1 damage/attack.
I tryed with older saves, but when i get to a tazar fight, the thing repeats itself..

Nightshine writes:
29-09-2016 18:55

Tazar - The Empire of the World II -Era Edition

Try magic ;>

{it's not a bug, it's Tazar's armorer specialty in action}

mak (Slovenia) writes:
29-09-2016 19:02

... - The Empire of the World II -Era Edition

Yes, armagedon blade did the trick. Valery has explained the "trick" to me. Like i told him, i feel silly now :P

Thanks for the help!

Nightshine writes:
29-09-2016 19:03

Silliness - The Empire of the World II -Era Edition

Don't be. He told me too when I came to 'report the bug' :D

Author: Valery (Lyon, France), 29-09-2016 05:56
Thanks, I appreciate the review, you played it admirably well :)

Tew3 and Tew4 next? :)

Author: Nightshine, 29-09-2016 01:54
God of Death - The Empire of the World II -Era Edition
God of Death died too on HARD, of course, he was just so pathetic I forgot to mention him.

BURRRRRRRRRN, amirite?! >:D

Author: Nightshine, 29-09-2016 01:52
Final progress update :) - The Empire of the World II -Era Edition
Hi. So, we finished the map today. Here's how our journey looked like:

1. The Guard [HARD]
first aid tent
2. Robin Hood [OUCH] on 2/3/6
level 31 here and we kept the armor of the damned which came in handy many, many times later on
expert blind + resurrection, hero chain for tome
3. Brother Tuck [HARD]
4. Prince John [HARD]
5. King Arthur [HARD] on 3/2/7
shave off all stacks significantly, don't kill or the archangels will fly out and maul your ass; kill archangels when they are frenzied, block titans with clones/resurrected griffins; block gate with horses
6. Dwarf Lord [HARD] 3/4/6
7. Wystan [HARD]
hide in the castle's corner, blind wyverns around
8. Arjuna [HARD]
ditto
9. Red Keeper [OUCH]
10. Semgal Khan [OUCH]
slow + blind + quicksand
11. Kromgir [OUCH]
the barbarians were generally much much easier than the swamp crew
12. Gretchin [OUCH]
they were both a respite before Genghis
13. Genghis Khan [HARD] 4/4/4
ay, we needed to use a trojan horse tactic here; suicided christian with tome of earth (tried also armageddon's blade) to get him to cast spells other than cure/dispel and get out mana so we could slow mummies and quicksand some stuff; also, paralyze from commander very useful here and in other fights
14. Xyron [HARD]
15. Cyclops King [HARD]
16. Lost Soul [OUCH]
free mithril it had like 20 bone dragons on ouch
17. Lost Soul [HARD]
18. Rashka [HARD]
19. The Guard [HARD]
blind works
20. The Viking [HARD]
21. The Mage [HARD]
All the mages here were generally rather bitchy, one of the most difficult battles
22. The Terrible [HARD]
blind on rusties
23. Titan Master [HARD]
24. Naga Queen [HARD]
another suicide by christian, because one naga stack went to hogwarts and became an enchanter (spawned clones and immune to slow/blind as per enchanter exp bonuses); suicide helped
25. Conflux King [HARD]
26. Brissa [HARD]
27. Fiur [HARD]
28. Tazar [OUCH]
fire shield did a lot of work
29. Dragon King [HARD] on 7/2/3
forcefield tactics begin
30. Xarfax [HARD]
31. Pyre [HARD]
32. Ingham [HARD]
forcefield quicksand
33. Tyris [HARD]
forcefield from turn 2 (commander dies from angels turn 1 if he goes melee to enchanters) and kill enchanters with air shield on; occassional armageddon
34. Nero [HARD]
forcefield
35. Caesar [HARD] 7/3/5
AI is dumb af

GODS:
Water [HARD]
Earth [OUCH]
Fire [HARD]
Air [HARD] 7/1/5

Beating stuff on hard would not be possible, not even close, if the AI wouldn't be so impossibly dumb. And it's not just the regular HoMM3 dumbness, I have a feeling that big armies make computer have brain farts. Early on, things like Dwarf Lord, or Robin Hood, or Wystan even were doing okay, behaving logically, but later on it seemed that when the computer's army was too big he wouldn't move his units as he should.

For instance, looking back at it, Arthur was paralyzed in his castle as long as his stacks were big. The moment they got smaller, they left.
Same thing happened to Caesar, his dragons wouldn't cast any spells until the stacks were small. Although we did get struck with a random spell at a random time two times. The next attempt, peace for the entire battle almost. Maybe it was something caused by the Archangels, because the rest of the army would cause the enemies to fight a bit more logically. Though not always. I don't know, confusing.

Issue with Kilgor - we had to wait about 12 days or so for him to move his fat butt out his hole after we killed Caesar so we couldn't finish the map sooner. Caesar died on 7/1/5.

We also encountered a strange bug when we neared Rome that cause Maximus' experience to get bugged. A tree gave him about 28 levels [to 100] and the next one made him fall to level 0 and negative experience.

Fight with Ingham also gave about 13 levels for whatever reason. It didn't cause problems though.

At month 7 we had 2976 mithril bars and all upgrades so the 2000 mithril behind the castle just made us smile.

Adventure Cave was very disappointing. It would be great if it gave some upgrades for whatever, growth of creatures or really anything, because the 50 mithril isn't very relevant at the point where you can win the challenge without serious losses.

We finished the map with 2283 archangels, not losing any. The auto-clones were a huge mana saver and mana was quite irrelevant until the time when Forcefield became necessary.

Sadly, the rest of the army falls off real bad! Would be cool if they weren't complete zero in the late game.

But overall we had a lot of fun, though honestly, the beginning stages were much more fun than later on. The AI being so dumb (we know, not your fault) was a party pooper. And also no real rewards awaiting us, fancy artifacts or angel growth, something actually relevant not dragon cliffs.

##########
Few general bug solutions, might apply to other maps as well.

THE STACK EXPERIENCE BUG SOLUTION
if you encounter creatures that have skills from other creatures in the same army, for example our Harry Potter Naga Queens or Pegasi Dwarves, Dracolich Mummies and similar pleasantries, attack with another hero (Christian is a great suicider due to his skillset) in the same turn you will follow up with your main army and they should revert back to normal.

MURDEROUS CLONE BUG
don't place your archangel in the enemy map corners leaving one hex empty. If you want to hide in the corner, put your angel as far as you can inside the corner, else the clone will not apawn and your angel stack will be gone after the battle. It only applies to hand-made clones, not the automatic ones, and only when you don't see your clone, can't use it, but cannot spawn another one.

ATTACK AND RETURN NOT RETURNING
don't let your angels turn around to attack something, it will often cause them not to go back to their spot. If they don't turn, we haven't encountered this bug.

#########

Thanks for the map and have a good day :)

Alex writes:
27-10-2016 11:41

Can't upgrade AA - The Empire of the World II -Era Edition

Game crashes when I try to buy first mithril upgrade for Angels

Valery (Lyon, France) writes:
27-10-2016 15:06

Delete the mod using mod manager, then go at wakeofgods.org/mods and look down for [scenarios]The empire II era edition. It has the fix for the crash.

Download it, install and reload your save, now should be ok.

Nicolas writes:
30-11-2016 04:09

the guard on HARD. - The Empire of the World II -Era Edition

no way you can do THE GUARD on HARD without reloading 500 times and lots of luck. remember that the AI can not reload the game. so if you reload the game it is exacly like using cheats.
the max is to reload 1 time (because in this map before you enter the battle you never know really how many units the AI has). if you do the guard battle 1 time without reloading, you HAVE TO DO IT ON EASY.

Vendetta (France) writes:
26-07-2018 13:48

Guard on HARD - The Empire of the World II -Era Edition

Hi Nicolas. I see you talking a lot about 500 reloads are necessary to complete the guard on hard ... I began a playthrough on YouTube on this map, and I won the fight in less than 10 minutes, no reload (first try). I'm uploading the VoD and it should be out in a few hours, i'll post the link.

But i find it pretty strange that you clean that many thing on OUCH and you claim it's impossible to kill the guard in any other diff than easy without hundreds of reloads ... Maybe the fact that you could keep the armor of the dead before made the map a piece of cake

Vendetta (France) writes:
26-07-2018 16:12

Guard on hard Youtube - The Empire of the World II -Era Edition

Here is the video of me first trying the guard on hard mode.
https://www.youtube. com/watch?v=xNl2qzeP dEs

Full video coming out soon

Author: Finally, 24-09-2016 19:14
commanders - The Empire of the World II -Era Edition
It's hard to believe Salamandre would allow commanders in the map.

Finally writes:
24-09-2016 19:16

readme - The Empire of the World II -Era Edition

And where is the readme.txt? I can't find it.

| 1-30 | ... | 121-150 | 151-180 | 181-210 | 211-240 | 241-270 | 271-300 | 301-311 |

Heroes 3: Horn of the Abyss 1.6.1 - Download Section

Heroes 7 News

Heroes 3 map: "Atlantic Revolutions"

Heroes 3 New map: "1797:Northern Italy campaign"

Heroes 7 maps

Heroes 7 patch 2.2 now available

Heroes 7 Creatures Fortress

Heroes 7 patch 1.8 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.7 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.6 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.5 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.4 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.3 now available

Heroes 7 patch 1.2.1 now available

Heroes 7 cheats

Heroes 7 available!!! - Launch Trailer

Heroes 7 - closed beta 2 now available!

Heroes 7 screenshots

Heroes 7 Elves faction

Heroes 7 Dwarves faction

Heroes 7 Academy faction

Heroes 7 Haven faction

Heroes 7 release date: 29 September 2015

Haps4Heroes.com

How can I support maps4heroes.com ?

YooMoney:

Copyright © 1999-2024 All questions and comments please mail to evgkuz@yandex.ru

Privacy Policy